Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Drop the Aké interest, play KK at LCB, and then go and get Koundé to p,any on the right side.

Back 3 comprised of KK, Thiago Silva, and Koundé has it all. But you could also switch to a back 4 if necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

He isn't as slow as some make him out to be, and Juventus is an absolute mess hardly a parameter of judging. De Ligt working under Tuchel would've been great and exciting to see and if he would fail we would easily recoup half of his investment.

Here we put all hopes into Koulibaly hitting the ground running and the alternative to this is being stuck with him for years, literally no middle ground and if we add Ake as well it's a recipe for disaster. 

I'll be honest I am very skeptical of serie A players in general. The turd we have accumulated from the league makes me wanna stay away for good tbh. Maybe clouds my judgement of some of the players.

14 minutes ago, Kong said:

I never said he was shit I said he was slow, juve fans themselves say he's slow, if your classed as slow at the age of 23 in the serie A, doesn't fill me with great confidence he will be great in the Premier league.

And would rather go to Bayern than play for Chelsea. Why all the fuss for a player who doesn't even want to play for us?

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

He isn't as slow as some make him out to be, and Juventus is an absolute mess hardly a parameter of judging. De Ligt working under Tuchel would've been great and exciting to see and if he would fail we would easily recoup half of his investment.

Here we put all hopes into Koulibaly hitting the ground running and the alternative to this is being stuck with him for years, literally no middle ground and if we add Ake as well it's a recipe for disaster. 

De Ligt doesn't want to play for Chelsea. Time to move on!

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

MDL want bayern.

What's we gonna do about that? 

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Buy Koulibaly and give Colwill a chance instead of wasting money on Ake and next season when the market is different find someone with a long term view like Gvardiol or someone else.

we are buying a new cb next year either way

Personally would have liked De Ligt as I felt his age and profile would have been ideal but his price tag seems to be heading incredibly north. It seemed a real opportunity when there was talk of perhaps lower cash and Werner but when it's almost essential we bring 2 centre backs in this summer and they can probably be signed for the same fee combined as De Ligt, it makes sense to step away (of course on top of the seeming preference for Bayern)

I get the risk attached to Koulibaly spending £30-35m on a 31 year old but I think in some circumstances you just have to worry about the present and if we can get 2 top years from him then for me, he's proven worth the money right there. Anything beyond that is a bonus. Thiago Silva's signing was brilliant but in hindsight now the two years we already have had from him, if we'd have paid £20-30m for him I'd argue it will have still been value for money.

We have a lot of talented players in the 18 - 24 age bracket including two defenders in Colwill and Chalobah who still need to continue to grow and develop. We needed some players to add to the group who are in their prime years and add some experience and leadership to the club (bearing in mind who we've lost and look set to lose this summer). Sterling and now potentially Koulibaly tick those boxes.

What Koulibaly provides is a presence and aura in our backline that walked out the door with Rudiger and we need back. He can play roles in a back 3 or 4 (I think he's essential if we want to revert to a back 4 system) and he should provide the transition the club needs to move away from Silva over the next season or as he starts to wane as he won't go on forever.

It's short term but I'm in favour of it.