Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have always said my first choice for WC veteran CB was Marquinhos (pipe dream), then Škriniar, then (after I flung myself off the Bastoni train) De Ligt, then KK (whose price was low enough to buy Škiniar as well if we were not going to buy any of Osimhen or Bellingham or Rice now (all are next summer options is how I looked at it)

Or save the cash. We no longer have limitless money. Will need to have funds for 2023 when Rice, Bellingham etc might be available.

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, Kimpembe over Áke all day, BUT, I think the club is convinced Áke is also our new backup LB.

How Aké got everyone convinced he is even adequate as LB when he is already a parlous  CB is beyond me. He is basically a left footed Azpi at best on the ball. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

In pounds it is around £33.7m and £162K PW 

The salary is fine, but

I would have thought it would be £25.3m to £29.5m trans fee (30m to 35m euros) plus 3 years max on the contract, with a possible club-triggered-only option for a 4th.

He has 3 good seasons left I wager, anything beyond that is dicey, hardly anyone is a Thiago

Sorry post was unwarranted.

Edited by bigbluewillie

The Reece James and Mason Mount contract situation is sounding very Rüdiger like. Like Toni, they’ve both now that they’ve heard nothing from the club yet but want to stay. Feels like both should’ve long since been handed new contracts.

Hopefully this new ownership doesn’t make any silly mistakes and gets both done during THIS season and doesn’t wait until next summer after they’ve each had brilliant seasons. Then the likes of Real Madrid and City will be in their ears tapping them up with mega salary offers.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Reece James and Mason Mount contract situation is sounding very Rüdiger like. Like Toni, they’ve both now that they’ve heard nothing from the club yet but want to stay. Feels like both should’ve long since been handed new contracts.

Hopefully this new ownership doesn’t make any silly mistakes and gets both done during THIS season and doesn’t wait until next summer after they’ve each had brilliant seasons. Then the likes of Real Madrid and City will be in their ears tapping them up with mega salary offers.

Actually, why should they be handed anything if they have valid contracts for 2-3 more years? What's the point of putting any fixed-term in those anyways? It means nothing, as if they or club will want them go, they will go, no matter if they have one or ten years on contract. 

If RM will want James and he will want to go there (doubtful) they won't care if he's 40 or 80 million

I can understand club coming up with new contract if the player have done massive step-up like Mount or CHO (trolled by Bayern idiots as always), but signing new contracts just for the sake of it every two years? Most of footballs financial mechanisms are just fictionous, dirty, shady swamp

Edited by Vegetable

17 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Actually, why should they be handed anything if they have valid contracts for 2-3 more years? What's the point of putting any fixed-term in those anyways? It means nothing, as if they or club will want them go, they will go, no matter if they have one or ten years on contract. 

If RM will want James and he will want to go there (doubtful) they won't care if he's 40 or 80 million

I can understand club coming up with new contract if the player have done massive step-up like Mount or CHO (trolled by Bayern idiots as always), but signing new contracts just for the sake of it every two years? Most of footballs financial mechanisms are just fictionous, dirty, shady swamp

For the exact reason I said. So they don’t have other clubs in their ear behind the scenes offering them 300k a week or something. True, they may have multiple years left in their current deals but they’re on baby money compared to most of their teammates. 

You ideally want to lock them down long before they enter the final year and their agents get to work on fielding offers from elsewhere.