Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

This latest Dembele reporting on Twitter I’m seeing makes zero sense. The entire reason there have even been rumors of him wanting out of Barca is because they cannot afford his wages and want him to take a dramatic pay cut which he didn’t want to do. But now all of a sudden he will accept a pay cut?

Will be a massive shame if it’s true because signing him on a free would’ve helped us in a major way. The money saved without a gigantic transfer fee could’ve been used elsewhere in the team. Now we’re probably going to do something stupid like paying £60m for Richarlison instead.

My belief is that Dembele has just been using the interest of other clubs to drive up Barca's offer but that staying put has been his preference all along. Only when he's certain that he's seen Barcelona's best offer will he actually make his decision' It would be no surprise if he accepted Barca even if they don't make the best offer.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
  • Like 1

so, sterling+de ligt+ who elese? we need another cb, backup rb, and i would love a midfielder but its seems like that tuchel is happy with out cm core.

sterling and de ligt will be around 110 million my guess?

6 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so, sterling+de ligt+ who elese? we need another cb, backup rb, and i would love a midfielder but its seems like that tuchel is happy with out cm core.

Jonathan Clauss, Attila Szalai, & Adrien Rabiot. 

That's roughly £45-60m

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

If Dembele didn't happen, i guess Sterling, De Ligt, Raphinha, Kimpembe, and Clauss. No idea about LWB/LB with Marina gone, Sosa might no longer our target.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Jonathan Clauss, Attila Szalai, & Adrien Rabiot. 

That's roughly £45-60m

What an unbelievably poor summer that would be 🤣

That reads like a list of targets for Everton.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Rabiot? he is nothing special, just waste a money to me.

For £15m I'd take a gamble. 

Evident we need another holding midfielder this season, unless we want to take our chances with Ampadu/Gilmour. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For £15m I'd take a gamble. 

Evident we need another holding midfielder this season, unless we want to take our chances with Ampadu/Gilmour. 

Might as well use Ampadu while waiting for Rice next year.

Lot of reports suggesting we may sign both Sterling and de Ligt this week. 

The Athletic claiming the Sterling deal is done and we are apparently 10m away or so from meeting Juve's valuation on de Ligt. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lot of reports suggesting we may sign both Sterling and de Ligt this week. 

The Athletic claiming the Sterling deal is done and we are apparently 10m away or so from meeting Juve's valuation on de Ligt. 

That wasn't The Athletic saying that, but a rando city correspondent on a podcast. Nevertheless seems likely to happen

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Speaking of kits, wtf is up with our new ones? They’re normally unveiled during the previous season and worn on the last match day, right?

The sanctions ended ages ago now and there have been leaked photos of our shirts for weeks, if not months. What is the club waiting for I wonder? Main kit sponsor isn’t changing so that’s not it. 

Maybe they want a new signing to be front and centre of the promotion of it.

To be fair Sterling given his standing in the Premier League, the national team, etc would fit that bill pretty well.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The issue I have with not getting Dembele is that we might spunk out the money on Richarlison which would be a nightmare.

Only reason to buy Richarlison is for CF

these are pretty much all the remotely viable (talent and/or near term potential-wise) CF's on the board (one is not available until next summer) who would come here and are actually available (so no Kane, no Lewa, no Lautaro)

some are more SS than CF (I will label those)

CF

ac000269178aa413abd3df88c47dc213.png

CF/SS/Winger

bb6eaa4890dd1cd43629d61346353f33.png

CF

52c45b5acbc91bd100392ea56598bcd2.png

CF

7062065c51273e5c9b52d15f50c9bd7c.png

CF

311967fdecea56e7f30be7b99673f2e8.png

CF

ad3be3efa07d5d6f2f1bc8a01f02b7c7.png

CF

43 league goals last season

a7a3c84321cb1c8d11da3c0569ac3eaa.png9a470462b8221e356d590c457ae37c5d.png

CF/Winger

d9be99e0fd5a3f5565cefacbe7ac06d9.png

non pure or non mostly CF's:

SS/AMF/CF   €60m (£51.6m) release clause, BUT not until next summer

1aa589625370e4fc8cfbb5898184d630.png

SS/CF

ef9bce93107ddc439593b904ac2bf7a5.png

CF/Winger/SS

eae2f20ec4c938a8cdd1ee47680adbf7.png

SS/CF

a36ff6ea82d79034971be66e7debe496.png

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

The issue I have with not getting Dembele is that we might spunk out the money on Richarlison which would be a nightmare.

We are really going downhill/desperate if we sign him.. The Everton fans won't even be upset. 

Possible contact between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow between #Juventus and #Chelsea . The main course: #DeLigt . With the Blues in pressing who will try to put on the plate some technical counterparts. Evolving situation 👀🇳🇱 @GoalItalia