Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yes, projects. And that’s not about age. Both are still raw and are playing in a farmers league whereas Rice has been a PL regular for a while now. He is essentially the finished product already.

And for me Premier League proven absolutely matters for certain positions on the pitch. It’s particularly beneficial for a midfielder. It is not a 100% guarantee of success in every case but Rice for me is as close to that as possible.

Unlike Grealish who was PL proven and cost £100m, Rice won’t have nearly the same sort of burden on his shoulders. Grealish has the constant pressure of having to score and create. Rice just has to continue to do the simple things he is doing now. Screen the defense, break up play brilliantly, and carry the ball forward from deep when necessary. Having been in the league for years Rice will know exactly how to handle it.

What I would say about Rice is the more I carry doubts about him the more he does continue to prove me wrong. He has improved season upon season, and there's possibly another level or two he can go upwards still.

You mentioned Grealish and that does have to be a bit of a worry. That sort of price for a player from one of the clubs outside the big six in the league does carry a lot of risk. In the same way Grealish has to adapt to City compared to Villa, Rice will have to do the same thing. We will dominate the ball a lot more than West Ham do and he'll be playing against teams that are happy to sit back and deep, which means he may have to be more progressive in the way he plays but with less spaces to find. At present his passing statistics at West Ham are excellent and he does a very good job in that midfield but there does have to be consideration whether he can bring the same or better qualities to a Chelsea midfield that will ask or even demand him to do more.

Kounde scored an OG v Villarreal yesterday with a shit defensive header straight over his GKer's head (completely due to Kounde's lack of height) off a corner, but it was chalked off due to an offside on Villarreal

he did score the game tying goal of a their own corner, after some horrid clearances and a ping pong rebound that came to him

Emery is jinxed v his old side, Sevilla, only has won one of 9 games

On 04/05/2022 at 17:19, Superblue_1986 said:

He mentioned he see's 2 new defenders and a 'statement' signing but unsure what position they would look at for that.

Statement signings are all well and good, but it has to be the right signing. Look at Lukaku. 

Backing TT is absolutely crucial though. We are only where we are because of him and his tactical nous has definitely made up for inconsistencies from players. Any other manager and this group wouldn’t be 3rd IMO.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What I would say about Rice is the more I carry doubts about him the more he does continue to prove me wrong. He has improved season upon season, and there's possibly another level or two he can go upwards still.

You mentioned Grealish and that does have to be a bit of a worry. That sort of price for a player from one of the clubs outside the big six in the league does carry a lot of risk. In the same way Grealish has to adapt to City compared to Villa, Rice will have to do the same thing. We will dominate the ball a lot more than West Ham do and he'll be playing against teams that are happy to sit back and deep, which means he may have to be more progressive in the way he plays but with less spaces to find. At present his passing statistics at West Ham are excellent and he does a very good job in that midfield but there does have to be consideration whether he can bring the same or better qualities to a Chelsea midfield that will ask or even demand him to do more.

call me crazy, but I think Grealish has a big year next season

just a pure gut call

maybe I look a fool a year from now

in the last 8 EPL fames plus the last 4 FA Cup Cup games, when he was playing 90 minutes in almost all of them, Citeh scored 37 goals

his scoring stats are not at all overwhelming at all, not even close to what they should be, but he plays a monster role in the build-up and also draws so many defenders

Citeh gave only lost one of those games (that crazy FA Cup semi v Pool)

obviously they fucked up in the CL against Real in that last game (and that extra goal coughed up in their win in the first leg), but he only played 42 minutes in that 2nd one, and zero in the first Real game, so hard to blame Grealish for all that

De Bruyne  and Walker being subbed off (Walker was injured, which has simply massive, if he stayed heathy the who game ZERO chance Real wins) 72 minutes in was a key to Citeh blowing that lead, the replacements (3 slowpokes, Ilkay Gündogan, Zinchenko, and old ass (37) Fernandinho, whose legs are gone for that DMF/CB hybrid role versus WC players) simply could not cope with Rodrygo's, Vini Jr's, Valverde's, Asensio's and Camavinga's pace (pace is why we smashed Real last season in the CL) Pep got out in-game bench coached again

41 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We should get Raphina if leeds go down. 

Don't let him go to Barcelona. 

If Everton go down which I doubt we should get Richarlison. 

he only wants Barca, BADLY, so we have no chance, basically, especially IF Leeds goes down (as then he will be so cheap due to a relegation clause)

what it MAY help us with is Dembele

if Dembele sees the writing on the wall (ie way less minutes)

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Statement signings are all well and good, but it has to be the right signing. Look at Lukaku. 

Backing TT is absolutely crucial though. We are only where we are because of him and his tactical nous has definitely made up for inconsistencies from players. Any other manager and this group wouldn’t be 3rd IMO.

I would agree. I would far rather a 'statement' signing be a big centre back or centre midfielder that can anchor the team and build around than a vanity purchase like Neymar or Pogba.

I mentioned since that post, if we were going for a statement signing based on marketability as well as effectiveness then we should make a play for Kane in the summer, despite how unlikely it would be to pull off. 

But besides that, I would just much rather signings that are going to fit alongside what we currently have here and fit what Tuchel is looking to build.

58 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We should get Raphina if leeds go down. 

Don't let him go to Barcelona. 

If Everton go down which I doubt we should get Richarlison. 

Richarlison is quite possibly the player I despise most in all of football along with Bruno Fernandes. If we ever signed him I don’t know what I’d do… 🤢🤢🤢

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Neymar or Pogba

who suggested either or both of these 2 insanely egotistical prima donna clowns?

I have never seen a single legit link to either 

Neymar (turns 31yo this coming winter and is always injured) would be ground to dust in the EPL, and Pogba (turns 30yo this coming winter and is always injured) is a pure wanker

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Richarlison is quite possibly the player I despise most in all of football along with Bruno Fernandes. If we ever signed him I don’t know what I’d do… 🤢🤢🤢

imagine the dive fests with Richarlison, Neymar, Pogba (who would also be telling all the others to dive), and Penendes all on the same 11 man starting side roflmaooo

only would be missing Salah (who has kind of stopped it a bit, but still is a diving berk at times) 

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

who suggested either or both of these 2 insanely egotistical prima donna clowns?

I have never seen a single legit link to either 

Neymar (turns 31yo this coming winter and is always injured) would be ground to dust in the EPL, and Pogba (turns 30yo this coming winter and is always injured) is a pure wanker

No links, I'm just merely suggesting that both would be seen as potentially 'statement' signings in terms of marketability for the club due to their profile, but ultimately I feel most of these profile of players would be an ill-fit for the club and Tuchel.

On 02/05/2022 at 18:05, lucio said:

If we can get Gallagher Broja and colwill back it will be huge.

but really it’s sad to think how much academy talent we’ve pissed away recently 

unfortunately, I have done a bit of deep dive into Broja lately, and he has been really poor for a good long spell

zero league goals in 3 months

only one goal overall (in the FA Cup) in that span

only one assist all season, all comps, and that was in December 2021

all 6 of his league goals were in a 3 and half month stretch starting in mid October 2021, and only one (v Spuds) was against a top half of the table team

5 of his 9 total goals (all comps) have come against Newport County (2 and that was in August 2021 in the League Cup) Brentford, Leeds, and Burnley

I had said we could roll with him a while back (if we signed no one), but I fucked up (sorry!) and had not done my full due diligence

he is in no way ready to lead our lines

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

unfortunately, I have done a bit of deep dive into Broja lately, and he has been really poor for a good long spell

zero league goals in 3 months

only one goal overall (in the FA Cup) in that span

only one assist all season, all comps, and that was in December 2021

all 6 of his league goals were in a 3 and half month stretch starting in mid October 2021, and only one (v Spuds) was against a top half of the table team

5 of his 9 total goals (all comps) have come against Newport County (2 and that was in August 2021 in the League Cup) Brentford, Leeds, and Burnley

I had said we could roll with him a while back (if we signed no one), but I fucked up (sorry!) and had not done my full due diligence

he is in no way ready to lead our lines

He isn't ready to come here and be a starter, but with a season of Premier League football under his belt, he will be much better equipped to play a squad role here if we required him to do.

Broja hasn't been scoring recently but his skillset is extremely unique compared to most strikers out there at the moment. Tall, but rapid with good dribbling. I think he can become really really good. Like if he went to Dortmund next season he'd become one of the most coveted strikers in football.

My ideal scenario is to bring him back as strong competition with Havertz, and sign a great winger who can also operate as a striker if need be. Kind of like a Son-esque player.

6 minutes ago, JDY said:

Broja hasn't been scoring recently but his skillset is extremely unique compared to most strikers out there at the moment. Tall, but rapid with good dribbling. I think he can become really really good. Like if he went to Dortmund next season he'd become one of the most coveted strikers in football.

My ideal scenario is to bring him back as strong competition with Havertz, and sign a great winger who can also operate as a striker if need be. Kind of like a Son-esque player.

Any wingers you have in mind ?? I'd love to see Son here which is obviously impossible. 

Have to say too that I think Havertz is a headache for managers positional wise. He isn't prolific enough to hang your hat on hom to play as a striker and get enough goals to win Championships , he isn't a winger and he doesn't have the required vision to play CAM. 

12 minutes ago, JDY said:

Gnabry and Mbappe.

On 02/05/2022 at 18:59, Fernando said:

Then there was Tomori height which is not good for CB

same height as Josko Gvardiol and José Giménez and a full 7 cms taller than Kounde (I think more like 8 or 9 cms as I do not trust that height for Kounde, he is really short, that afro makes him look artificially taller when he blows it out)

and Tomori is also 2 cms taller than Marquinhos and Thiago Silva

fac16b7ce3e4aee26c5668db01934e2c.png46d3a7725f8e598fa2b13d2b500b0c14.pngd8f42b5bdc6c06b4a3a9e0dda4c44e74.pngddef634254b69d8002bbc7041e7221ad.pngdf944de513e268157876325cf6f11577.png

325b7c55267619b637648402feac306b.png06420943fc09b7b5bdd31318c6144bd0.png

Edited by Vesper