Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Any wingers you have in mind ?? I'd love to see Son here which is obviously impossible. 

Have to say too that I think Havertz is a headache for managers positional wise. He isn't prolific enough to hang your hat on hom to play as a striker and get enough goals to win Championships , he isn't a winger and he doesn't have the required vision to play CAM. 

I liked Chiesa a lot but obviously his injury has affected things. Rafael Leao is also very talented but probably impossible to get. Bryan Mbeumo from Brentford imo has the potential to be a Mane-like signing for any top team that gets him. 

We have Werner who should be this type of player, except he cant shoot, pass, dribble, anything. 😩

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Any wingers you have in mind ?? I'd love to see Son here which is obviously impossible. 

Have to say too that I think Havertz is a headache for managers positional wise. He isn't prolific enough to hang your hat on hom to play as a striker and get enough goals to win Championships , he isn't a winger and he doesn't have the required vision to play CAM. 

I would love us to get Dembele, especially on a free transfer. Tuchel knows him, still speaks very highly of him and arguably got his best spell of his career from him.

I know his injury record isn't great but I think in a similar way to Robben, he's worth taking the risk on and having him even if he's only available for 60-70% of games during the season.

Regarding Havertz I understand that viewpoint because I think the same at times with him. But he is still only 22 and he has shown already to be a reliable goal scorer at Leverkusen. I think there is a lot more to come from him. We don't necessarily need him scoring 20+ goals a season in the league but if he can consistently hit 12-15 and another couple of players reach around the 10 mark we will be in much better shape. I do think he's capable of that.

I also believe now he's been in the league for a couple of seasons he's also much better equipped now to play in midfield if we reverted to a 3 and you needed two offensive minded midfielders in front of a holder. The one thing I've noticed with Havertz certainly in the last 12 months compared to the first season is he works and presses significantly more now than he did when he first came. I think he's someone who just needs to be given time because his potential ceiling is very high.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

same height as Josko Gvardiol and José Giménez and a full 7 cms taller than Kounde (I think more like 8 or 9 cms as I do not trust that height for Kounde, he is really short, that afro makes him look artificially taller when he blows it out)

and Tomori is also 2 cms taller than Marquinhos and Thiago Silva

fac16b7ce3e4aee26c5668db01934e2c.png46d3a7725f8e598fa2b13d2b500b0c14.pngd8f42b5bdc6c06b4a3a9e0dda4c44e74.pngddef634254b69d8002bbc7041e7221ad.pngdf944de513e268157876325cf6f11577.png

325b7c55267619b637648402feac306b.png06420943fc09b7b5bdd31318c6144bd0.png

What do you think of Timber from Ajax for RCB? Reckon he's Utd bound?

1 minute ago, JDY said:

What do you think of Timber from Ajax for RCB? Reckon he's Utd bound?

yes, likely United bound (which sucks)

he has grown 4 cms in the last 2 years, so is now 1.82m, which is basically at or very near my cut off for CB height (1.83m minimum or so, although he is CRAY fast and great on the ball, and so I would prefer him over Kounde (and he would be far cheaper as well)

I would not at all be unhappy IF we bought Timber as a the 2nd CB buy (and he can play RB as well)

he may well end up a semi Alaba type

Just now, Pizy said:

Should we be looking at some of the City players that could leave? Arse are being linked with both Jesus and Sterling. Both could be useful here, no? 

I have posted Jesus's INSANE productions stats, but I see almost no one who wants him here

I can see him tearing shit up at arse, unfortunately

never really thought about sterling coming here, I think it unlikely, but he is a quality winger (I know many here do not agree)

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, likely United bound (which sucks)

he has grown 4 cms in the last 2 years, so is now 1.82m, which is basically at or very near my cut off for CB height (1.83m minimum or so, although he is CRAY fast and great on the ball, and so I would prefer him over Kounde (and he would be far cheaper as well)

I would not at all be unhappy IF we bought Timber as a the 2nd CB buy (and he can play RB as well)

he may well end up a semi Alaba type

He'd effectively replace both Christensen and Azpi due to his versatility. From what I've seen from Ajax fans they rate him as highly and some even higher than De Ligt. Oh well.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have posted Jesus's INSANE productions stats, but I see almost no one who wants him here

never really thought about sterling coming here, I think it unlikely, but he is a quality winger (I know many here do not agree)

Think Jesus would be a great option to have in the squad here just like he was at City. But that’s also probably why he wouldn’t choose us over Arse. He walks right into the first XI there and gets to be the main man for the first time in his PL career.

Sterling is tricky. In form he’s amazing but he’s so hot and cold. 

35 minutes ago, DDA said:

The main 16 (15 if you remove Raphinha) winger options (Chiesa is off the list due to his bad knee injury, he wont be ready to even try to buy likely until summer 2023, same for Florian Wirtz)

some are AMF/Winger or CF/SS/Winger hybrid types

The main 16 (15 if you remove Raphinha) winger options (Chiesa is off the list due to his bad knee injury, he wont be ready to even try to buy until summer 2023, same for Florian Wirtz)

some are AMF/Winger or CF/SS/Winger hybrid types

Raphinha (likely Barca bound)
Christopher Nkunku  (Insane production at AMF/winger/SS, 54 goals produced with 2 games to go)
Serge Gnabry (if he doesn't renew with Bayern)
Ousmane Dembélé

Jarrod Bowen
Mikel Oyarzabal 
Moussa Diaby 
Carlos Soler  (AMF/CMF/Winger combo) 
Karim Adeyemi (more of a CF/SS, but can play winger, he is very young, just tuned 20)
Arnaut Danjuma
Cody Gakpo
Allan Saint-Maximin
Pedro Neto
Ismaïla Sarr
Charles De Ketelaere (AMF/SS/winger type, similar to Havertz, 21yo, 1.92m)
Kamaldeen Sulemana (potentially a Mane type, turned 20 two and a half months ago, projects to 15 goals, 6 assists over a full season minutes, almsot all of it as a teen, as he was injured for months)

48c091964a8d792803d351c4a9bebf21.png

8d6774bb921a64b612ea6a3236af4377.png

The Excellence of Kamaldeen Sulemana: A Scouting Report | The Analyst

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think Jesus would be a great option to have in the squad here just like he was at City. But that’s also probably why he wouldn’t choose us over Arse. He walks right into the first XI there and gets to be the main man for the first time in his PL career.

Sterling is tricky. In form he’s amazing but he’s so hot and cold. 

Jesus represents everything we want in a ST under Tuchel's system. 

He probably starts alongside Havertz. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Possibly. We’d have such a narrow forward line with he, Havertz, and Mount who is always going to start. We’d be depending solely on the wingbacks for width. Which is fine assuming RJ and Chilly stay fit all season but as we’ve seen that’s highly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Possibly. We’d have such a narrow forward line with he, Havertz, and Mount who is always going to start. We’d be depending solely on the wingbacks for width. Which is fine assuming RJ and Chilly stay fit all season but as we’ve seen that’s highly unlikely.

I'd personally bring both Jesus and Nkunku

Mendy

James CB Silva Chilwell

Tchouameni

Gallagher Mount

Jesus Havertz Nkunku

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think he'd be a solid option to have in our squad, but more of a stopgap rather than a reliable 25+ goal CF, which we're in dire need of & have been since Costa left.

On 09/05/2022 at 17:55, MoroccanBlue said:

CF Gabriel Jesus

Winger Ousmane Dembélé (free) or Gnabry or Mousa Diaby

AMF/Winger Christopher Nkunku

DMF Aurélien Tchouameni (Boubacar Kamara, a free, if we miss out on Tchouameni)

LB Borna Sosa or David Raum

RB Djed Spence

2 of these 3 CB's

Bremer   
Josko Gvardiol    
Merih Demiral  

ship the shit out of the fucking deadwood

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Should we be looking at some of the City players that could leave? Arse are being linked with both Jesus and Sterling. Both could be useful here, no? 

Jesus and Sterling? Hell no. We need real quality

Looks like we may have an edge over Tchouameni with Real only wanting to secure him next summer. 

The Ligue 1 side are named as a ‘selling club’ and there are discussions about the player’s possible sale in the summer. The report also mentions an amount ‘close to €70m’ as a starting price for him.

Tchouaméni ‘wants to take a step forward’ after this season, by moving to a league that is more competitive than Ligue 1. This makes it difficult for Paris Saint-Germain, while there are other clubs, like Chelsea, who have already made an approach for him.

It’s claimed Thomas Tuchel’s side have ‘asked about his future and are looking for a quick decision’.

Los Blancos have been following the player for several months but have informed him that he will have wait for one more year to arrive at the Spanish capital club.

Tchouaméni is aware of Madrid’s intention, as well as that of clubs from the Premier League, who are ‘willing to incorporate the midfielder’. However, he ‘does not seem willing to wait’ for one more year to join Real Madrid.

This could favour Chelsea and other English sides to acquire Tchouaméni’s signature in the summer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/Chelsea-looking-for-quick-decision-on-signing-after-making-approach-club-and-player-favour-summer-move/