Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfers


Tomo

Recommended Posts

If Lewa leaves this summer, I do think Nagelsmann would fancy a reunion with Werner. Just depends if the Bayern board back him or decide on an alternative target.

Perhaps opens up the possibility of swapping Werner for Gnabry??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Lewa leaves this summer, I do think Nagelsmann would fancy a reunion with Werner. Just depends if the Bayern board back him or decide on an alternative target.

Perhaps opens up the possibility of swapping Werner for Gnabry??

Not sure about Gnabry. He didn't do much in England before he left to tear it up in Germany. Could easily be another one of those players who do well in Germany and struggle in England.

Mane is Lewa's replacement also. 

Edited by King Kante
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not sure about Gnabry. He didn't do much in England before he left to tear it up in Germany. Could easily be another one of those players who do well in Germany and struggle in England.

Mane is Lewa's replacement also. 

One thing about Gnabry is whilst he's not slow, he isn't a pace merchant relying on raw pace and high lines. His movement and technical ability, especially in tight spaces are very strong. 

Put it this way, I love Timo's attitude but if the option was there to swap him for Gnabry, I'd take that punt every day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I like De Ligt, but I think we would need to continue with a 3 for a while to settle him in. I really rate him as I think he has most things in his locker, the only issue is ability against pace, so he is going to require safety behind that can tuck in for him until he becomes acclimatised to the PL. 

Additionally, I can see a situation where we may be able to include Jorgi in a deal there which may open up a slot in CM which a lot of people seem to want addressed. Maybe doing something like £45-£60m plus Jorgi (I value him at about £25-£30m) would work for everyone. Obviously would depend on who is available in CM. 

The issue with this is there's no viable Jorgi replacement without going out and getting Rice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

The issue with this is there's no viable Jorgi replacement without going out and getting Rice.

But think how much that upgrades our MF....If the board push for him he may ask the club to sell him. 70-80m is doable but just depends on whether we can sort out our Def and Att before then. We are always going to have to deal with it next year when Jorgi and Kantes contracts run out. Rice would allow Mount and Gallagher to both play as 8s in front of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

But think how much that upgrades our MF....If the board push for him he may ask the club to sell him. 70-80m is doable but just depends on whether we can sort out our Def and Att before then. We are always going to have to deal with it next year when Jorgi and Kantes contracts run out. Rice would allow Mount and Gallagher to both play as 8s in front of him.

There is also West Ham's interest in Broja and possibly Ruben

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

There is also West Ham's interest in Broja and possibly Ruben

 

I would rather keep Broja and give him a chance. RLC can go, even though he does his job as a squad player. 50m + Ruben isn't a crazy offer and values Ruben at 20-30m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fuck all these rumour mongering rags and sites

all they do is go down lists and link almost every remotely in play player with us

it's a joke

I find the people on here saying they can't wait for Kounde slightly more annoying....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fuck all these rumour mongering rags and sites

all they do is go down lists and link almost every remotely in play player with us

it's a joke

You will never muppet with that attitude Vesper!! I mean look at the gems being tossed around!


 

DRIVERS SEAT!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I do trust Ben Jacobs is not just talking shit, even though swap deals never seem to happen, Leeds might be interested in Ziyech.

 

They are the same player. Bizarre lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

They are the same player. Bizarre lol

Raphinha is pacier and more athletic. This is where Ziyech fails in PL. I think we get the better deal if this goes through

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Raphinha is pacier and more athletic. This is where Ziyech fails in PL. I think we get the better deal if this goes through

Was a little tounge in cheek... the more I see clips of Raphiniha, he reminds me more of Mahrez than Ziyech.

  • Like 1
  • Great! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

You will never muppet with that attitude Vesper!! I mean look at the gems being tossed around!


 

DRIVERS SEAT!!!!

Driver Seat FC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Raphinha is pacier and more athletic. This is where Ziyech fails in PL. I think we get the better deal if this goes through

Even if Leeds would agree to that, i strongly doubt Ziyech wants to go to Leeds

  • Like 1
  • Great! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, DDA said:

Was a little tounge in cheek... the more I see clips of Raphiniha, he reminds me more of Mahrez than Ziyech.

Watch him in a Brazil shirt, he's brilliant 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not mind Raphinha for Ziyech swap but I think we have excessive expectations on him. He has never been a prolific scorer in his career even in portugal he was pretty goal shy. Assessing him as a LWB options seems more interesting even though i have never really seen him put in a shift defensively. But if we are really looking for LWB competition for chilwell other than Emerson it gives me a bit of hope that not all is lost. We do not know if Chilly comes back the same player he was before his injury and even then we will need a quality backup for the gruelling fixture list. Our season imploded when he got injured, fingers crossed the new board has learned from this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...