Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Richard Keys is a grade A moron.

Why would anybody and I mean anybody in the PL, want to sign Harry Maguire? He has been shocking for the best part of 18 months now at club level. Absolutely shocking.

An English/homegrown core? Or Spine? Are Mount, James, Chilwell, Hudson-Odoi and Gallagher not English? Throw in a few others who are in and around the squad too either English or academy players… I mean the likes of James, Chilwell, Mount are effectively a part of the teams spine. They’ve been/were ever presents. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

another major CF/winger option now off the table

Dortmund strikes again (already are getting Nico Schlotterbeck)

Karim Adeyemi agent confirms Manchester United interest ahead of Borussia Dortmund transfer

Man United have missed out on the signing of Red Bull Salzburg striker Karim Adeyemi to Borussia Dortmund.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-news-adeyemi-23910220

The agent of Karim Adeyemi has confirmed that the forward turned down Manchester United in favour of a move to Borussia Dortmund.

United have been heavily linked with a move for exciting prospect Adeyemi, who has been the latest striker to receive rave reviews at Red Bull Salzburg following the sensational rise of Erling Haaland. The 20-year-old has enjoyed a brilliant season with 23 goals and eight assists in 42 appearances which has inevitably led to him earning a big-money move this summer.

Adeyemi looks set to follow in Haaland's footsteps by swapping Salzburg for Dortmund, with a deal appearing to be edging closer, as the German club prepares for life without their star striker who is bound for Manchester City. As well as missing out on Haaland, United appear to have let Adeyemi slip through their fingers.

The German's agent, Thomas Solomon, has confirmed that United showed interest in the striker but he has instead chosen a move to Signal Iduna Park. “We’re now close to completing the deal with Borussia Dortmund," he said, via Fabrizio Romano. "There will be no release clause included into his five-year deal."

“Rangnick? Yes, Manchester United wanted to enter the race - but we want BVB."

United will be looking to improve their squad for incoming manager Erik ten Hag this summer and a striker will be one of the top priorities. The club are already short on attacking options as it is and they will only get worse when Edinson Cavani departs on a free transfer. With the futures of Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Cristiano Ronaldo all in doubt as well, a new striker will be a crucial addition.

A new defensive-midfielder, with a deal being worked on for Leeds United's Kalvin Philipps, and centre-back are also on the summer shortlist.

BVB have this so well set up. Season after season they snap up the cream of the young talents. I wanted us to take Bellingham, they got him. I wanted us to take Adeyemi, they got him. Have to hand it to 'em. They are the best at this.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

22 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest issue I have with Nkunku is there feels a lot of similarities with Werner with the way in which he gets a lot of goals, i.e. space afforded to him.

It seems to be a common theme across the Bundesliga, but he thrives on those pockets of space in behind the defence. He won't get anywhere near the same space over here for a lot of the chances he gets in Germany.

Also whilst his goal record has blown up this season, he's never been a big goal scorer before this season. Is this season where it just all came together and he's hit a real purple patch in front of goal or is this him now making that level up to consistently producing such numbers? 

If he had a decent release clause he'd maybe worth having a go for him but if Leipzig want £60-70m or more, I would be weary dropping that amount of money for him.

I agree if we are talking over £70m (81m euros) and up

76m euros (£65m) is the absolute most I would drop, if that isn't enough, they can fuck off

due to contractual issues lowering their cost (Gnabry and Sterling) 

and injuries (Chiesa and Wirtz (perhaps at that level of spend, not sure) being off the summer 2022 board)

there are ZERO wingers/AMF's who are actually available and who would come here who are worth a £70m or more expenditure on,

ZERO (Mbappe is never coming here unless its as a 30 something in decline, and why would we do that anyway)

the only players this window who could and would actually come here

(so NO Mbappe, no Håland, no de Bruyne, no Ruben Dias, no Foden, no Kane, no Luis Diaz, no Vlahovic, no Lauraro, no Hakimi, no Kimmich, no Theo (barely at the 70m level), no VVD (last year for him at that level), no Sane, no Neymar, no Rodri, no Jota (barely qualifies atm), no Cancelo, no Bastoni, no Saka, no Salah (last year for him at that level), no TAA, no Alphonso Davies, no Robertson, no Bernardo, no Vini Jr, no Alisson, no Goretzka, no Oblak, no Ederson, no Mane (last year for him), no Grealish, no Donnarumma (barely qualifies atm), no Snake Cuntois, no Son (last year for him at that level), or no Pedri

and no Chiesa or perhaps Wirtz (I am not sure I would dump £70m on him yet), both due to injury taking them off the market this summer only)

and are worth a £70m and up layout are

Rice, de Ligt, Skriniar, Marquinhos (very unlikely), Osimhen, Aurélien Tchouaméni (£73m, ie 85m euros max and that is pushing it pretty hard), Nicolò Barella, and Bellingham

Sancho, Nkunku, Gavi, Frenkie de Jong, Federico Valverde, João Félix, Mikel Oyarzabal, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Gnabry, and Sterling (the last two due to contract situs pushing down their cost) are close but no cigar atm, and Wirtz and Chiesa are injured, and Ansu Fati needs to be healthy for 2 straight years to get up into the huge valuation club for me again. if he had never had any injuries at topflight level, he would be the 2nd most valuable winger, after Mbappe, on the planet now)

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

BVB have this so well set up. Season after season they snap up the cream of the young talents. I wanted us to take Bellingham, they got him. I wanted us to take Adeyemi, they got him. Have to hand it to 'em. They are the best at this.

I am secretly advising them, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

😂🤣

While I would be a bit weary about a player like Nkunku coming from Leipzig after we bought Werner, they’re a totally different profile of player. Whereas Timo is basically a one trick pony (just try to beat defender with raw pace) Nkunku is extremely gifted with the ball and can slice through defenses in many different ways.

He really reminds me of Wilf Zaha on the ball. His running style, his dribbling style, and how he can dance through an entire team with the ball at his feet. He’s Zaha but with extraordinary end product.

Would be a great signing for any PL club. Honestly, we should be glad that Liverpool just bought Diaz because Nkunku is the prototypical Klopp attacker and he’d be unstoppable there just like their other forwards.

I hear the immense talent on the left could move into the legendary house on the right shortly. Joy. Congratulations. Happiness.

Grégoire Margotton is a French sports journalist who workd for French television channels Canal+ and TF1. Since 2018, he has been the main presenter of the TF1 football programme Téléfoot. 

Edited by Vesper

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I agree if we are talking over £70m (81m euros) and up

76m euros (£65m) is the absolute most I would drop, if that isn't enough, they can fuck off

due to contractual issues lowering their cost (Gnabry and Sterling) 

and injuries (Chiesa and Wirtz (perhaps at that level of spend, not sure) being off the summer 2022 board)

there are ZERO wingers/AMF's who are actually available and who would come here who are worth a £70m or more expenditure on,

ZERO (Mbappe is never coming here unless its as a 30 something in decline, and why would we do that anyway)

the only players this window who could and would actually come here

(so NO Mbappe, no Håland, no de Bruyne, no Ruben Dias, no Foden, no Kane, no Luis Diaz, no Vlahovic, no Lauraro, no Hakimi, no Kimmich, no Theo (barely at the 70m level), no VVD (last year for him at that level), no Sane, no Neymar, no Rodri, no Jota (barely qualifies atm), no Cancelo, no Bastoni, no Saka, no Salah (last year for him at that level), no TAA, no Alphonso Davies, no Robertson, no Bernardo, no Vini Jr, no Alisson, no Goretzka, no Oblak, no Ederson, no Mane (last year for him), no Grealish, no Donnarumma (barely qualifies atm), no Snake Cuntois, no Son (last year for him at that level), or no Pedri

and no Chiesa or perhaps Wirtz (I am not sure I would dump £70m on him yet), both due to injury taking them off the market this summer only)

and are worth a £70m and up layout are

Rice, de Ligt, Skriniar, Marquinhos (very unlikely), Osimhen, Aurélien Tchouaméni (£73m, ie 85m euros max and that is pushing it pretty hard), Nicolò Barella, and Bellingham

Sancho, Nkunku, Gavi, Frenkie de Jong, Federico Valverde, João Félix, Mikel Oyarzabal, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Gnabry, and Sterling (the last two due to contract situs pushing down their cost) are close but no cigar atm, and Wirtz and Chiesa are injured, and Ansu Fati needs to be healthy for 2 straight years to get up into the huge valuation club for me again. if he had never had any injuries at topflight level, he would be the 2nd most valuable winger, after Mbappe, on the planet now)

When talking attacking players, for me, I'm very much in the Dembele camp if we're looking for a 'game changer' in the attacking positions.

The injury record is the real worry for him, but I think that is somewhat negated if we bag him on a free transfer (although fully aware wages would be high).

The Dembele seen in the second half of this season at Barca is one free from niggling injuries and confident. If he's over some of those muscular injuries that have ravaged his Barca career and he has a manager in Tuchel who absolutely loves him, it could spell a recipe for big success.

A lot of our players like to play in front of the defender, Dembele would give us an option we've lacked since Hazard left, someone who is both capable and willing to take responsibility with the ball and take defenders on to make things happen. He would potentially add a real new dimension to the attack and again, since Hazard, he has the potential to be the player who gets people out of their seat in anticipation and excitement. You need that type of player sometimes just to lift the whole atmosphere within a stadium.

If he doesn't renew with Barca, he is a complete no brainer in my eyes and one of those players who really justify the risk. 

well, fuck, we may just end up having to pay the extortionist price for Rice

If Tchouameni is indeed Pool bound (or, lets face it, if not there he will go to Real now that they are now having to dump out 250 to 300m euros on Håland)

then its down (if we pass on Rice) to either paying too much for a lesser quality EPL player ( Wilfred Ndidi, Kalvin Phillips, Rúben Neves, Bruno Guimarães or Douglas Luiz)

or doing a dice roll on Boubacar Kamara (who would be free so probably the most likely play if we pass on Rice now)

Sandro Tonali (so hard to prise away from AC Milan)
Ismaël Bennacer      
Mohamed Camara   
Julian Weigl    
João Palhinha

and 

Danilo (21 yo from Palmeiras)

are pretty much the only other remotely viable options

Edited by Vesper

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

well, fuck, we may just end up having to pay the extortionist price for Rice

If Tchouameni is indeed Pool bound (or, lets face it, if not there he will go to Real now that they are now having to dump out 250 to 300m euros on Håland)

then its down (if we pass on Rice) to either paying too much for a lesser quality EPL player ( Wilfred Ndidi, Kalvin Phillips, Rúben Neves, Bruno Guimarães or Douglas Luiz)

or doing a dice roll on Boubacar Kamara (who would be free so probably the most likely play if we pass on Rice now)

West Ham will hold off competition for Rice this year I think. Likely to sell in 2023.

I think the only way West Ham may sell Rice is if the offer is good, and they can bring in Kalvin Phillips to replace him if Leeds go down.

But I agree, I don't think West Ham will sell Rice this summer and they don't need to with 3 years left on his contract, they can still sell him next summer for a good price.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

When talking attacking players, for me, I'm very much in the Dembele camp if we're looking for a 'game changer' in the attacking positions.

The injury record is the real worry for him, but I think that is somewhat negated if we bag him on a free transfer (although fully aware wages would be high).

The Dembele seen in the second half of this season at Barca is one free from niggling injuries and confident. If he's over some of those muscular injuries that have ravaged his Barca career and he has a manager in Tuchel who absolutely loves him, it could spell a recipe for big success.

A lot of our players like to play in front of the defender, Dembele would give us an option we've lacked since Hazard left, someone who is both capable and willing to take responsibility with the ball and take defenders on to make things happen. He would potentially add a real new dimension to the attack and again, since Hazard, he has the potential to be the player who gets people out of their seat in anticipation and excitement. You need that type of player sometimes just to lift the whole atmosphere within a stadium.

If he doesn't renew with Barca, he is a complete no brainer in my eyes and one of those players who really justify the risk. 

Dembele on a free would great business

my main point that the only players on the planet worth paying £70m or up atm (and who would actually come here and are healthy enough to buy this summer)

is a short, short list (only 8 players, and soon 6 if Tchouameni and Marquinhos come off it) and there are NO wingers on it (as Chiesa is injured, and Gnabry and Sterling have contract issues pushing their price down under the £70m cut-off level)

Rice

de Ligt (easier now that Mino assumed room temp)

Skriniar

Marquinhos (very unlikely and it is his last year on this list as he is 28 in 4 days, so cannot see paying £70m or more for a player in 2023 who turns 30yo the same season (even if at the tail end) we buy him)

Osimhen

Aurélien Tchouaméni (£73m, ie 85m euros max and that is pushing it pretty hard, and looks to be either Pool or Real bound, ffs)

Nicolò Barella (tuff as fuck pull, I almost did not put him on the list, so I cannot bold him, as much as I do rate him)

Bellingham

the big boy buy market (in terms of ultra expensive players) for Chels is incredibly simple to follow, as there are almost none in it, and the ones who are in it, are talked to death about

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Yes, yes I do now that you post it. He is a tool.

Richard Keys and his the cancer stricken wife, Julia (plus their daughter Jemma, an actress from the show Hollyoaks)

Keys pictured with daughter Jemma (left) and his ex-wife Julia

and here is Jemma's bestie, Lucie Rose, who he was shagging whilst mum was fighting cancer

Lucy is over 30 years younger than the old wankpuffin Keys

Keys also was sacked from Sky in 2011 over a sexism row

Richard had an affair with Lucie Rose

Keys - who works for beIN Sports in Qatar after resigning from Sky Sports in 2011 amid a sexism row - had previously admitted the fling with daughter Jemma's pal in a statement last year.

He said: "If you really love your wife but are tempted to get a bit of excitement elsewhere you have to be prepared to lose the one you really love — it just isn’t worth it."

Speaking to The Sun at the time, Julia said their 36-year marriage came crashing down shortly after moving to the Middle East when the presenter met Lucie.

She said: "He met Jemma’s friend Lucie, who was working in Doha, and the lies began. He claimed she and her friends thought of him as their 'Doha Dad'.

"I remember at Richard’s birthday party — and I haven’t told anyone this before — just as I was leaving, Lucie grabbed my arm and said: “Are you leaving now, Julia?” She was so insistent, and I thought it was odd — then Richard was ages coming home.

"When I questioned him, he’d said Lucie needed to talk to him as she had a problem.

"I don’t feel bitter towards Lucie, but deeply disappointed that she could devastate our family like this."

She later added that the affair had wrecked former Hollyoaks actress Jemma's chances of recovering from alcoholism.

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest issue I have with Nkunku is there feels a lot of similarities with Werner with the way in which he gets a lot of goals, i.e. space afforded to him.

It seems to be a common theme across the Bundesliga, but he thrives on those pockets of space in behind the defence. He won't get anywhere near the same space over here for a lot of the chances he gets in Germany.

Also whilst his goal record has blown up this season, he's never been a big goal scorer before this season. Is this season where it just all came together and he's hit a real purple patch in front of goal or is this him now making that level up to consistently producing such numbers? 

If he had a decent release clause he'd maybe worth having a go for him but if Leipzig want £60-70m or more, I would be weary dropping that amount of money for him.

I agree. The danger is there but his game looks tighter than Timo's to me. I'm not inviting people to take anymore meaning than just what I say here but, I see more similarities with Thierry Henry than with Timo. On balance, I'm with those who say that he's worth a look at the right price.