Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I reckon the club probably feels that Rice was one that got away.

Musiala too (although different circumstances where they lost Musiala compared to letting Rice leave)

I don't think the clamour would be there for Guehi and Tomori if we weren't losing Christensen and Rudiger. If those two had signed on and stayed it probably wouldn't be such a big discussion topic. However, it still doesn't change the fact that we allowed both to leave when we had so many defenders with expiring contracts. Both or either could have been loaned out for another season in the Prem to carry on playing and developing. It was incredibly arrogant in the position we were in to show such little thought of a contingency plan in case of a situation like now losing 2 first team defenders on free transfers, which was always a more than reasonable possibility to happen.

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

If any the club feel like the one they let go was Lukaku

Well yes. Responding to Rom's comment during the summer that he had, "Unfinished business", with Chelsea I said that I didn't believe him and that I felt it was rather the case that someone in Chelsea's hierarchy had unfinished business with Rom. I wrote that whoever it was probably hoped to prove that they had been right to sign ROM in the first place all those years ago.

Gvardiol to replace Rüdiger as the left sided CB and Koundé to replace AC at right sided CB sounds good to me. Gvardiol in particular looks very, very impressive on YouTube occupying those same areas on the pitch as Toni and making similar forward runs.

But that would probably be a combined £100m for those two alone before even addressing other areas of the team that desperately need upgrading. And even with those two brought in we’d still be short at the middle CB position. Depending on 38 year old Silva for a whole grueling season is asking for trouble.

I suppose it’s possible Tuchel gives Colwill a chance and throws him straight into the deep end? Would save us a shed load of cash.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I reckon the club probably feels that Rice was one that got away.

Last I heard it was the opposite and they feel he still has the flaws he was released for.

Granted I'm being a bit lazy here (of the back of this Rangers game) but could Tavernier be an option for a new RWB?

Edited by Tomo

We need a lot of over-hauling to do with a new owner coming in. Alonso, Azpi, Christenson(likely moving), Rudiger(already gone), Lukaku, Barkley, Bats, Emerson etc, should all go. And let the new owner set up a new strong team of players. A very forward playing creative midfielder is needed. Also let's stop buying strikers just bcos they finish up loads of chances in other clubs, but buy creative strikers with very high workrate. That is the only kind of strikers that has fit into Chelsea fc throughout the Abramovich era.... 

Players who could leave this summer:

Kepa

Christensen (Barca)

Azpilicueta (Barca)

Alonso (Barca)

Rudiger (Madrid)

Sarr

Jorginho (Juve) 

Kante

Barkley

Saul (Atletico)

Loftus-Cheek

Ziyech

Hudson-Odoi

Pulisic

Werner

Lukaku

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, maxlev said:

Yea I really like the way he plays. A free scoring creative midfielder. How many assist has he got so far this season?

34 goals, 20 assists so far

He has 2 games left (if RB had not collapsed against Rangers, and if the Bundesliga played the normal 38 games that all the other big leagues do, and if their Europa League tie with Spartak Moscow (they would have won that tie, 95% for sure) was not cancelled due to Putin, he would have 5 games left plus 4 more already played

He has already broken the all time European MF single season goal scoring record (in terms of the top 15 leagues) with 34 so far

If he had those 9 games more (4 played already plus 5 or so more to come, depending on how a 38 game Bundesliga schedule is sorted, so probably he would have played at least 2 more of those 4 added matches already), I would wager he would have scored 40 goals for the season and ended on 25 or so assists (as the 4 missing league games would all be against shit teams (19th and 20th teams added via promotion to the 18 now), plus the one league game he IS going to play is also against a horrid side (Armenia Bielefeld) 

1b3b6da9ee12ebd81112dcd2a71698ae.pngaf1d10854928c737c48305af71ed50cc.png

Now that we have more than 3 senior defenders on their way out, hopefully it would cause us to spend smartly and not spend huge amounts of money on one player (Kounde 60-70M?).. Scouting is KEY. Also our success signings has always been on the mid - lower side in fee.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

35 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Now that we have more than 3 senior defenders on their way out, hopefully it would cause us to spend smartly and not spend huge amounts of money on one player (Kounde 60-70M?).. Scouting is KEY. Also our success signings has always been on the mid - lower side in fee.

hard pass on Kounde

mark my words, and have said it for ages

do not buy

especially for bloody £68.5m