Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Are they just making up numbers now?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sort of figure we're looking for.

It's easy to forget because of how bad his time has been here, that he's still looked at across the continent as a high quality striker and goalscorer. He moved for similar money from United 3 years ago, and I know he'll now be turning 29 but he's also more proven from his stint at Inter. A lot of clubs may just look at the Premier League being an ill fit for him.

Whether we manage to get that is another thing entirely.

The one thing I hope is that we don't drag a process out to move him on, or turn down bids that are near that figure just to try and gain a few extra million to save face (which we've been known to do). It's very important that Tuchel has a proper pre season this summer and should be given chance to work with what should be his squad going into next season for an extended period of time. We have to be ruthless. 

17 hours ago, lucio said:

Pašalić ?, scoring a lot of goals from midfield 

He is good, but fits under my Serie A criteria. I take it with a pinch of salt. 

Would have been good to have a buy back, but he was here many years and hardly ever giving a chance. Mount and now Gallagher fits better our future then what he could have bring. 

On 02/05/2022 at 22:29, Fernando said:

The only youth that I have a doubt if we did the right thing as to sell was Guehi. He would fit the CB we need, I think he is even better then Chalobah. But if we can get a nice CB then it will not all bad for this one. 

Also bum out about Livramento but we have a buy back so not all bad. 

Then there is Lamptey, I like the guy but his height has also been a problem....who knows we could try to get him back in the future. 

All in all as far as youth, there's no one that I feel like, we let that get away. 

Livramento and Lamptey reached a stage where they didn't see themselves getting a chance here and refused to sign a contract. Reece is comfortably better than both so its not really in the club's hands.

Guehi and Tomori - I agree. Club should have been smarter and inserted a buyback (at least). Or waited for Tuchel to assess in Tomori's case.

On 02/05/2022 at 22:14, Superblue_1986 said:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sort of figure we're looking for.

It's easy to forget because of how bad his time has been here, that he's still looked at across the continent as a high quality striker and goalscorer. He moved for similar money from United 3 years ago, and I know he'll now be turning 29 but he's also more proven from his stint at Inter. A lot of clubs may just look at the Premier League being an ill fit for him.

Whether we manage to get that is another thing entirely.

The one thing I hope is that we don't drag a process out to move him on, or turn down bids that are near that figure just to try and gain a few extra million to save face (which we've been known to do). It's very important that Tuchel has a proper pre season this summer and should be given chance to work with what should be his squad going into next season for an extended period of time. We have to be ruthless. 

many other leagues are not that put off at all by an EPL fail

we are a BRUTAL league, and many who fail here excel elsewhere

I know two games against a team as good as Liverpool are currently is probably a little unfair to judge, but I would not be buying Pau Torres. 

He just strikes me as someone that if you scout hard and wide enough you should be able to pick someone up of similar qualities and traits for £10-20m, not the £50m or whatever his rumoured fee is being reported at.

We must not sleep on Colwill guy is going to be a massive talent.

Connor walks into out team already.

Rice for me is a no brainer 

Kounde looks like he might be the first in when the new owners take over 

what are people thoughts on Rashford? i know he is in poor form atm, but united seem to have turned on him and not backed him that cant be helping. do you thing he could fit into our team on form he can be a very good player for the squad.

1 hour ago, Billy. said:

what are people thoughts on Rashford? i know he is in poor form atm, but united seem to have turned on him and not backed him that cant be helping. do you thing he could fit into our team on form he can be a very good player for the squad.

My worry with Rashford is he'll still currently command quite a hefty transfer fee and high wages and his drop off has been so significant I don't currently see a reason to pinpoint he'll pick back up.

I would still have expected a lot more to come from him given his age because he was a good player a couple of years ago, but not a great player, but there was certainly potential and room to expect him to grow and develop further but he's instead regressed. You only have to look at the fall of Dele Alli to suggest it would be a huge risk to commit to buying him so it's something I wouldn't be interested in the club doing.

CIES Football Observatory

n°379 - 02/05/2022

Weekly Post

Top transfer values outside the big-5

https://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2021/wp379/en/

Issue number 379 of the Weekly Post presents the top 10 estimated transfer values as per the CIES Football Observatory algorithm for 10 non-big-5 league top divisions worldwide: Portugal, the Netherlands, Brazil, Belgium, the United States/Canada, Austria, Turkey, Denmark, Switzerland and Scotland. The greatest value overall was recorded for SL Benfica’s striker Darwin Núñez (€71 million).

Darwin Núñez meets all the most important criteria for a very high valuation: young age (not yet 23 years old), long contract (more than three years remaining), playing for a competitive team (SL Benfica) and performing very well, notably from a goal-scoring perspective. Rumours of the Uruguayan striker’s departure for an English top club are entirely plausible. As the latter tend to push up inflation in player prices, a €80-million deal, as publicly reported, is perfectly imaginable.

The following players have the top estimated values in the nine remaining leagues surveyed: Antony dos Santos (NED, €57M), Charles De Ketelaere (BEL, €40M), Gabriel Barbosa (BRA, €39M), Karim Adeyemi (AUT, €31M), Muhammed Aktürkoğlu (TUR, €20M), Alan Velasco (USA, €20M), Liel Abada (SCO, €19M), Anders Dreyer (DEN, €15M), as well as Dan Ndoye (SUI, €15M).

Only players for whom we were able to recover the information on contract duration were included in the analysis. Nevertheless, as contract information for the most prominent footballers is generally available, the rankings should accurately reflect reality. Transfer values estimates for players in the big-5 can be accessed for free here. Please contact us for more information on our services.

d7aa41fba554ef057560c1030eb81ff2.png

16 hours ago, Billy. said:

Sprinted for a handshake with Tuchel after the United game too

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I reckon the club probably feels that Rice was one that got away.

Well yeah that one, but that was at 14 age. Is different then the ones like Tomori, Livramento and what not. 

If any the club feel like the one they let go was Lukaku despite him being crap. And now they realize they made a mistake in buying him. 

Rice is a different scenario. To me he is worth the money that Lukaku cost. Heck if we can sell Lukaku for 50 million...I don't know how much we can get for him and use that money to get back Rice then awesome!