Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 hours ago, Jase said:

You sound so surprised. When you think about it, we are kinda like a graveyard for attackers. Over the last decade or so, how many attackers that we bought truly shone during their time at the club? You can probably count them all on one hand - Costa, Hazard and Mata. 

Mata was a two season wonder (his 2012-13 season was Messi-like stats wise, other than less goals. He had an INSANE 35 assists), but never really was a big league goal scorer for his entire career. He only scored in double digits in the league goals twice ever, once with Valencia (11 in 2008-09) and then that crazy 2012-13 season with us, when he scored 11 league goals, and 19 overall, plus those 35 assists, Wikipedia gave him an extra league goal, so they are off, he had 11 league, and 19 all comps, not 12 and 20). He scored 6 league goals for us in 2011-12 and had zero league goals in 2013-14 with us (one overall in 17 games), before he was sold to Manure.

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mata was a two season wonder (his 2012-13 season was Messi-like stats wise, other than less goals. He had an INSANE 35 assists), but never really was a big league goal scorer for his entire career. He only scored in double digits in the league goals twice ever, once with Valencia (11 in 2008-09) and then that crazy 2012-13 season with us, when he scored 11 league goals, and 19 overall, plus those 35 assists, Wikipedia gave him an extra league goal, so they are off, he had 11 league, and 19 all comps, not 12 and 20). He scored 6 league goals for us in 2011-12 and had zero league goals in 2013-14 with us (one overall in 17 games), before he was sold to Manure.

Who's talking about just the goals?

He also provided lots of assists and his attacking impact was also a lot better than so many that we have bought over the last decade. 

3 minutes ago, Jase said:

Who's talking about just the goals?

He also provided lots of assists and his attacking impact was also a lot better than so many that we have bought over the last decade. 

I mentioned the assists, and the bottom line is he was a 2 season wonder for us. That is a fact, not an opinion. He never remotely came close to his first two years with us again in his career.

As for goals, those Pool wingers score a lot more than Mata ever did.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I mentioned the assists, and the bottom line is he was a 2 season wonder for us. That is a fact, not an opinion. He never remotely came close to his first two years with us again in his career.

As for goals, those Pool wingers score a lot more than Mata ever did.

The point isn't whether he managed to show the same kind of form elsewhere or to compare him with Salah/Mane. The point is, he had a great impact for us in the attacking third, even if for only 2 1/2 seasons. Only Hazard and Costa could rival that over the last decade. The rest don't even produce that kind of numbers and/or are inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Jase said:

The point isn't whether he managed to show the same kind of form elsewhere or to compare him with Salah/Mane. The point is, he had a great impact for us in the attacking third, even if for only 2 1/2 seasons. Only Hazard and Costa could rival that over the last decade. The rest don't even produce that kind of numbers and/or are inconsistent. 

that was not the point of the original post about this all

and it was not 2nd a half season, it was two, his last half season here he did fuckall

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that was not the point of the original post about this all

and it was not 2nd a half season, it was two, his last half season here he did fuckall

2 seasons or 2 1/2 seasons...who cares! The point I was making is Mata is one of the very few attackers that we bought within the last decade that actually shone at the club. 

16 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

The issue is we don't have a competent DoF and scouts (aside De Visser). 

This is the recent example of poor scouting, signed a player who have a confidence issue in the last 2-3 years. Then you also has Lukaku who clearly doesn't suit Tuchel's system.

That's a valid point. There had been talk about Ballack becoming our DoF for quite some time, but it never came to fruition. 

57 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Rumours I have seen say Sule is all but confirmed to be leaving Bayern on a free.

@Magic Lamps and the other German posters, what is the feeling in Germany? 

Personally, I could see him as a direct replacement for Rudi. 

It’s not decided yet but the writing is on the wall he is a goner 

Not sure we will pay him the wages we are not paying Toni tho 

Usually I would ignore this tweet, but I had to click it to see the source he is quoting. You dont get any lower of a source that Simon Phillips quoting Duncan Castles. I think the combination of those two using each other just ripped a whole in the time space continuum. 

I think we are crazy to not try and scupper that £38m ( a fucking steal) sale of Ferran Torres to Barca from Citeh

that kid is going to be special and can play a straight up CF (he is almost 6 1 too, so has good height) if need be

he is vastly better than all our other wingers, and I think would be a great option at CF for some games instead of Lukaku (who I am so unhappy with)

I am still shocked Citeh are selling him

he is only 21yo and yet already has 22 caps and 12 goals (super return rate) for the Spanish Sr team

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think we are crazy to not try and scupper that £38m ( a fucking steal) sale of Ferran Torres to Barca from Citeh

that kid is going to be special and can play a straight up CF (he is almost 6 1 too, so has good height) if need be

he is vastly better than all our other wingers, and I think would be a great option at CF for some games instead of Lukaku (who I am so unhappy with)

he is only 21yo and yet already has 22 caps and 12 goals (super return rate) for the Spanish Sr team

Vesper, he would not have got any more game time here than he was at City. The fee will be more than £38m too, roughly around £55m will reach (when clauses are likely met). 

Also he would not have been interested in coming here. He never fully settled in Manchester/England and wanted to return to Spain.

20 minutes ago, Stats said:

Vesper, he would not have got any more game time here than he was at City. The fee will be more than £38m too, roughly around £55m will reach (when clauses are likely met). 

Also he would not have been interested in coming here. He never fully settled in Manchester/England and wanted to return to Spain.

I think he could and would bench any of our wingers

I do understand the Spain part, as his GF (Luis Enrique's daughter, talk abaut a good way to get Spain NT time, lol) lives in Barcelona

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I think he could and would bench any of our wingers

I do understand the Spain part, as his GF (Luis Enrique's daughter, talk abaut a good way to get Spain NT time, lol) lives in Barcelona

I fucking hate seeing Barca being given a lifeline

48 minutes ago, Stats said:

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No,I do think he would have gotten plenty of time here as he is better than all our wingers

the point is that city would never sell a decent player to us and also that he wants to return to Spain badly

also there seems to be an inside deal with city and Barca via txiki which probably runs deeper than obvious atm