Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think he could and would bench any of our wingers

I do understand the Spain part, as his GF (Luis Enrique's daughter, talk abaut a good way to get Spain NT time, lol) lives in Barcelona

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No,I do think he would have gotten plenty of time here as he is better than all our wingers

the point is that city would never sell a decent player to us and also that he wants to return to Spain badly

also there seems to be an inside deal with city and Barca via txiki which probably runs deeper than obvious atm 

He would of got time. Either way he would no way of been a guaranteed starter here. Facts, he would of been used rotation as our other wingers. He was also being played as a no.9 for City this season.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

staggeringly poor contractual management so far

clown car level

Arsenal level management. Unless we find out afterwards that Rüdiger gets the biggest ever contract for a CB. If he wanted £250k or more a week I think it’s understandable that we walked away.

Going to be a big blow in the dressing room losing him, though. 

Well if its true that he wants to double what Chelsea are offering 140k and Real could do that, then thats it, as I think we will never go near that. Also keep in mind that we desperately wanted to sell him before TT came in, only when TT came in did he look like a different player. The formation helps him immensely.

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Arsenal level management. Unless we find out afterwards that Rüdiger gets the biggest ever contract for a CB. If he wanted £250k or more a week I think it’s understandable that we walked away.

Going to be a big blow in the dressing room losing him, though. 

3 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Well if its true that he wants to double what Chelsea are offering 140k and Real could do that, then thats it, as I think we will never go near that. Also keep in mind that we desperately wanted to sell him before TT came in, only when TT came in did he look like a different player. The formation helps him immensely.

Think it's all but confirmed from reputable sources (Matt Law) that Rudiger is pushing towards 300kpw. I heard the club offered him 170kpw max and will not budge, nor should they. I've still not seen enough to suggest he'd be an elite CB in a system that isn't as structured defensively as ours. 

Echo @Pizy. Losing him is going to be a big loss in the dressing room. Azpilicueta as well. Losing Silva on top of it will be a disaster. Club needs to be wise on who goes this summer along with who we bring in. No natural leaders bar our CBs. 

19 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think it's all but confirmed from reputable sources (Matt Law) that Rudiger is pushing towards 300kpw. I heard the club offered him 170kpw max and will not budge, nor should they. I've still not seen enough to suggest he'd be an elite CB in a system that isn't as structured defensively as ours. 

Echo @Pizy. Losing him is going to be a big loss in the dressing room. Azpilicueta as well. Losing Silva on top of it will be a disaster. Club needs to be wise on who goes this summer along with who we bring in. No natural leaders bar our CBs. 

I still think we need to suck it up and offer the big contract to either one of Rudiger or Christensen, and hope that Silva stays on for another year. We are NOT going to get two quality CBs next year, given our track record.

Would prefer the club gave it to Rudiger, since you can clearly see who Tuchel prefers. With Chalobah coming up the ranks, we could make do without Christensen. 

Edited by Blue Armour

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

From what I've heard, it seems very similar to the Alaba situation; Bayern offered him quite a bit to renew, but RM blew it out of the water. If this happens to be the case, we ought to move on as @Pizy alluded to.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder how it’s going to work in the next couple of weeks if he signs a pre-contract with another club. Talk about awkward for the rest of the squad.

I honestly think Rudiger goes into beast mode once his foot hits the pitch and he is not thinking about anything other than defending and shithousing someone on the other team. 

28 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I honestly think Rudiger goes into beast mode once his foot hits the pitch and he is not thinking about anything other than defending and shithousing someone on the other team. 

yes, he is a warrior pro all the way, he will deffo not fuck off till next summer

he wants to go out with more trophies

Not sure how reliable that sources is but it would be a calculated move if we bring him in now. Kante can't stay fit and Kovacic/Jorginho are at the risk of being overplayed. Saul is a dud. Barkley is horse shit. Ruben is out of place considering he's a shit holding midfielder and he's a shit attacking midfielder. 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wonder how it’s going to work in the next couple of weeks if he signs a pre-contract with another club. Talk about awkward for the rest of the squad.

Lewandowski gave Dortmund a final beast season despite it being an open secret he was shortly off to Bayern.

Players are profesional, if anything it will only further motivate him to get that (for him) elusive PL title before leaving.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lewandowski gave Dortmund a final beast season despite it being an open secret he was shortly off to Bayern.

Players are profesional, if anything it will only further motivate him to get that (for him) elusive PL title before leaving.

Oh, I’m not suggesting that he’d down tools or anything. Just that it’s an awkward dynamic in the team to have a dude who every other player knows is gone in 6 months.