Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We do have the benefit of having a huge amount of players in our squad who are versatile and adept at playing multiple positions which I think could stop us from feeling too stretched if needed.

For example, there is still debate over Chalobah's best position (defence or midfield). Christensen has also played midfield for Denmark a few times, and James has also filled in midfield a couple of times under Tuchel. Mount could also potentially play deeper too if required. I'm sure if the squad needed shuffling around a little it's not the end of the world.

Would the additions of Kounde and Saul be welcomed? Absolutely, they would definitely improve the depth and quality within the squad.

But neither are walking into our first XI like Lukaku did. Unless we are completely ravaged by injuries then I don't think either is essential for any success we can hopefully achieve this season.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fuck these clubs and their 'deadlines' who the fuck do they think they are?? The deadline is today... this dramatised bullshit is out of hand. They can all go fuck themselves.

I fully understand Sevilla's stance here, they don't have an obligation to help bigger clubs just because we want them to. We wouldn't want to lose our best players on deadline day either, just two years ago the club set a time frame for the Hazard deal to be completed and Real Madrid respected that. 

If the club really want Kounde that badly, I can only question why it was left so late in the first place. It's been more than a month since the clubs started negotiating and we agreed personal terms with the player so Sevilla have every right not to want to lose their star man this late. 

I don’t really understand Atleti’s position on Saul. Isn’t the entire reason he wants out and why they want him out due to the fact that he has fallen out of favor in midfield? Why do they need to replace someone who doesn’t even play in their midfield? I thought I read they have shifted him to win back or something.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t really understand Atleti’s position on Saul. Isn’t the entire reason he wants out and why they want him out due to the fact that he has fallen out of favor in midfield? Why do they need to replace someone who doesn’t even play in their midfield? I thought I read they have shifted him to win back or something.

He played near enough 90% of their games last season. Starting most of the time.

Hes on huge wages though I think. Around €300k ish. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don't think it's a matter of getting a replacement. They already signed Rodrigo de Paul for midfield earlier.

It's probably more to do with the clubs not agreeing a deal. Atletico want a permanent transfer or loan with obligation to buy, whereas we only want a loan with a buy option. Now let's see if Atletico are just bluffing and agree to a loan with a buy option if at the end of the day it's still the only offer on the table and the clock is ticking down. 

hace 13 minutos, DDA dijo:

Honestly pal, I couldn't care less if we don't get Kounde... as a popular memeber on this forum has said .. he's a dwarf anyway.

Perfect. You have a very good team despite not having Kounde. But Azpilicueta measures exactly the same as Kounde. But Kounde has a much higher jumping ability. I'm sure you will have a great year in the Premier and in the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

I don't think it's a matter of getting a replacement. They already signed Rodrigo de Paul for midfield earlier.

It's probably more to do with the clubs not agreeing a deal. Atletico want a permanent transfer or loan with obligation to buy, whereas we only want a loan with a buy option. Now let's see if Atletico are just bluffing and agree to a loan with a buy option if at the end of the day it's still the only offer on the table and the clock is ticking down. 

Well I can’t foresee our board sanctioning a buy obligation so it may come down to us increasing the loan fee or something. It’s just not smart business to commit to an obligation before seeing what you’ve got.

I'm onboard with not making signings due to being bullied on the price tag or loan obligations, that said, yes it should have wrapped up way earlier and thats on the board, it is what it is. I'd rather make no signings than set the tone as we are a club that can be pushed into a corner. Ultimately, the deal the same as Kova's suits us and it also suits the player coming in, irrespective if its Saul or not, Kova did the business or enough of to warrant a permanent transfer at X fee when the loan ended, pretty simple. If there is an obligation, there is less pressure on the player coming in to make an impact and just come for the ride, no thanks.

19 minutes ago, Sevillista said:

Perfect. You have a very good team despite not having Kounde. But Azpilicueta measures exactly the same as Kounde. But Kounde has a much higher jumping ability. I'm sure you will have a great year in the Premier and in the Champions League.

It was tounge in cheek. I don't care if Kounde is small... he is a fantastic player. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Who though? If its not Saul on loan or Rice.

Saul, and Chelsea for some reason want an option to buy instead of obligation. Which make me think that they don't trust Tuchels judgement on the players he wants. If Tuchel wants Saul then why can't we just agree on the fact that its an obligation to pay next summer? 

The fee between Atleti and Chelsea has been agreed btw, there's just a conflict about it being a loan with option or loan with obligation to buy.