Todd Boehly Thread

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vesper said:

stunner,  historic 111 win season all up in smoke 

Padres eliminate Dodgers, advance to NLCS for 1st time since 1998

https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/34805857/padres-eliminate-dodgers-advance-nlcs-1st-1998

That's the nature of the beast in knockout competition, anyone can beat anyone on their day and in that situation as a result a lot of the time the best team doesn't end up winning. It's why it took us so long to win that elusive Champions League and similarly City can't break their own duck for it.

It won't make Dodgers fans feel any better, but as a Chelsea fan where our bread and butter is league competition, I find the Dodgers consistency and record throughout the season more impressive. Hopefully a similar winning machine can be built at Chelsea.

so angry

do they not know HOW CLOSE WE CAME TO BEING DISSOLVED!!!!!!??????

these cunts whingeing about Buck, Cech, and Marina

they were always going to leave anyway

Marina wanted to KEEP LUKAKU (her project) HERE, plus didn't give a toss about Rudiger leaving on a free (and AC)

Buck was the one who tried to drag us into that fucking Super League, plus he was at the helm with all that dodgy shit that got us transfer banned, plus pushed for that flop Pulisic, for marketing

The reason Chelsea sealed Christian Pulisic transfer deal revealed by Bruce Buck

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1115262/Chelsea-Christian-Pulisic-transfer-US-tour-2019-Bruce-Buck

One day after the January transfer window opened Chelsea announced to the world they had signed Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund for £58m.

As part of the deal the 20-year-old American was then loaned back to the club for the remainder of the season.

And it is the player’s nationality that was a factor in the deal revealed Buck, who was also born in the United States.

Chelsea are hoping Pulisic will help expand their fan base in the US and Buck has his sights set on “middle America” as he claims the club are strong on both coasts.

"He's a personable boy. He's well-liked in this country," Buck said about Pulisic to The Associated Press.

"So of course I would expect him when we come here and play some friendly matches, which is what our objective is in the summer of 2020.

“I think he will be helpful."

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

so angry

do they not know HOW CLOSE WE CAME TO BEING DISSOLVED!!!!!!??????

these cunts whingeing about Buck, Cech, and Marina

they were always going to leave anyway

Marina wanted to KEEP LUKAKU (her project) HERE, plus didn't give a toss about Rudiger leaving on a free (and AC)

Buck was the one who tried to drag us into that fucking Super League, plus he was at the helm with all that dodgy shit that got us transfer banned, plus pushed for that flop Pulisic, for marketing

The reason Chelsea sealed Christian Pulisic transfer deal revealed by Bruce Buck

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1115262/Chelsea-Christian-Pulisic-transfer-US-tour-2019-Bruce-Buck

One day after the January transfer window opened Chelsea announced to the world they had signed Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund for £58m.

As part of the deal the 20-year-old American was then loaned back to the club for the remainder of the season.

And it is the player’s nationality that was a factor in the deal revealed Buck, who was also born in the United States.

Chelsea are hoping Pulisic will help expand their fan base in the US and Buck has his sights set on “middle America” as he claims the club are strong on both coasts.

"He's a personable boy. He's well-liked in this country," Buck said about Pulisic to The Associated Press.

"So of course I would expect him when we come here and play some friendly matches, which is what our objective is in the summer of 2020.

“I think he will be helpful."

Well, that kind of backfired., lol.

Lot of USMNT fans instead rage at Chelsea whenever Pulisic doesn't start a game. 

• 4 weeks later...

To me if they let go of Potter then they are clueless. 

Spend a summer going on tuchel target to get rid of him because he doesn't work with you and then go and get a coach who is not proven but you want to give him a shot. Then they must know that is going to be a while. 

Arteta at arsenal was horrible and now are doing fine. Should that be the case they want to follow then we must take this season as a pass. 

Let's see what Todd and company do. Are they still looking to building something or just are clueless owners that will drag the club into mediocrity. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Spend a summer going on tuchel target to get rid of him because he doesn't work with you and then go and get a coach who is not proven but you want to give him a shot. Then they must know that is going to be a while. 

Arteta at arsenal was horrible and now are doing fine. Should that be the case they want to follow then we must take this season as a pass. 

Let's see what Todd and company do. Are they still looking to building something or just are clueless owners that will drag the club into mediocrity. 

Potter might deserve a couple of windows to shape this squad -

But 4 back to back defeats, even with a slightly depleted squad, needs some scrutiny.

Also, strange starting 11s with others left on the bench. 

I want him to succeed, but at some point you have to question the decision making.

49 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Potter might deserve a couple of windows to shape this squad -

But 4 back to back defeats, even with a slightly depleted squad, needs some scrutiny.

Also, strange starting 11s with others left on the bench. 

I want him to succeed, but at some point you have to question the decision making.

I will give him a bit of rope because the UCL performances and to an extent the City one was encouraging but my god we better come back from this break with a plan even if the results take a while to follow.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I will give him a bit of rope because the UCL performances and to an extent the City one was encouraging but my god we better come back from this break with a plan even if the results take a while to follow.

That's the issue there is some encouragement but not that many results. Playing way we have we'll be out the next round. It's bonkers how far and quickly we've fallen and not all just down to him. It seems the players all forgot how to play as one

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Arteta and Howe both started out shit. 

Look at them now. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

13 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That's the issue there is some encouragement but not that many results. Playing way we have we'll be out the next round. It's bonkers how far and quickly we've fallen and not all just down to him. It seems the players all forgot how to play as one

At present it's difficult to know just what effect the World Cup has had on this squad, as we've simply got progressively worse in recent weeks. It's way beyond the results, the performances have been nothing short of a disgrace for the most part with too many players clearly playing safe and within themselves.

If things turn around after the break and these same players are suddenly showing a greater hunger and desire then what really does that say long term about a reliance on them?

I think Potter has to be given some slack for a few different reasons:

1. He has come in with the season having already started and inherited a squad that was playing poor under Tuchel, not just this season but the last 6 months of last season too.

2. Every man and his dog can see there are some seriously glaring holes in this squad which continuously get ignored season after season.

3. Injuries to key players

The problem for me currently is the manner in which we're losing games. I have no issue taking a step backwards to move forwards, but currently all I see if a lifeless team going through the motions, playing safe football at a slow tempo. No pressing from the front, no courage from defenders and midfielders to play the ball through lines, no appetite for players to attack spaces. And possibly more worrisome is this doesn't change even when we're behind in a game. I'd rather go down by 2 or 3 goals swinging. I want to see what Potter wants us to play moving forward even if there are teething problems this season. If this is what Potter wants us to play moving forward than this isn't it.

Potter has a few weeks now to go through this wreckage and plan. He is going to have to prove he has the strength of character and personality to deal with this and the killer instinct to get rid of players that either he deems aren't good enough or don't have the required desire to play for this club. If a process and a rebuild needs 2 or 3 years to get to a sustainable level then fine, but Potter does also have to hold up his end of the bargain too by proving he's the right man for that job. Unless we tumbled drastically further down the table, I don't see his job under any immediate threat and I think it wouldn't make sense in that regard anyway to not give him this season to have the time to put his stamp on things. But between then, there must be progress made and signs there is an upward trajectory.

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Arteta and Howe both started out shit. 

Look at them now. 

Klopp and Poch too, and given the resources even the first season for Pep was a struggle.

The biggest issue is the performances at the moment are a shambles. I don't mind inconsistency in the results if I see a project being put into place with regards to a system, style of play, etc. At present the squad is being rotated like a carousel and no matter who he seems to use, they all seem to be putting in abject, pitiful levels of effort and application. 

Just now, Superblue said:

Klopp and Poch too, and given the resources even the first season for Pep was a struggle.

The biggest issue is the performances at the moment are a shambles. I don't mind inconsistency in the results if I see a project being put into place with regards to a system, style of play, etc. At present the squad is being rotated like a carousel and no matter who he seems to use, they all seem to be putting in abject, pitiful levels of effort and application. 

Yeah thats my issue. There isn't signs of progress it's just launch it forward then pass backwards. 

I'll be surprised if we get top 4 unless we can string results together after the break...I hope he gets time otherwise it seems a complete pointless move and waste of time but time shall tell.