Todd Boehly Thread

On 15/06/2022 at 16:19, ZAPHOD2319 said:

A lot of talk, lets get one done.

Lol 3/4s of the replies to that thread is embarrassing.

Little babies crying on twitter because we haven’t signed someone yet despite having to restructure a lot of the upper management/senior positions in the club.

Swear half of our fanbase will never learn.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:00, Milan said:

Whole thread of his views.

Pretty interesting read, lot of good ideas but remains to be seen how it goes. Lot of people skeptical but his background, track record and past experiences are very impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After a good start initially when he came in, I am now a bit more dubious and also curious to see how things go from here on, seemed to be a lot of noise about him in the window and now after sacking a manager, lots of talk of situations which you wouldn’t necessarily want to see at an elite level football clubhouse .

First and foremost if you don't want someone as manager don’t let them spend 270m and sack them 7 games after full pre season. For me that is amateurish. If he wanted Graham Potter before the season started, cut the cord, make your intentions clear… don’t go on talking nonsense about giving another manager a new deal, wanting him central to the club etc. Absolutely amateurish. 

Secondly the Ronaldo situation as mentioned above also by another member. Let the football people make the football decisions. Or appoint some competent football people first. Ronaldo would of purely been a statement signing and a commercial one, as he clearly like Lukaku wasn’t going to fit TT’s team. No wonder pundits such as Neville and Souness weren’t waiting about to take pot shots at him but also rightfully so in some regards.

Thirdly his refusal to follow Tuchel’s idea to meet certain players who were targets and get a feel for their character, personality and figure out how they may fit in the group as well as in the team and just purely trusting performance data. I think after the Lukaku debacle, their character and how their personality fits into the group should be hugely considered.

Fourthly scrapping a whole football infrastructure without having any real key components in place or at least some personnel to try and smooth it over, this has also contributed to the Tuchel situation and furthermore whilst it may not affect Graham Potter immediately, may when things are in place. Could always be a clash of personalities, opinions etc. this guys need to all be on the same page for us to be successful.

I am still hopeful after this whole summer and the Tuchel sacking that Boehly’s intentions are obviously to challenge and improve the club on all levels so that it can be highly successful but I am a bit more sceptical now. I might end up eating humble pie eventually but I just feel the guy was full of shit on all the messages and praises on Tuchel so who’s to say he wont be with Potter? Or anything else that he made out to be his intentions? 

Anyway onwards and upwards. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Taking us down to perdition. 

Instead of growing the club he will stagnate it so bad that he will sell the club eventually at a loss. 

Is this a serious take on a owner/chairman who has only been in the role for a several months? 🤔 

You can't be serious!

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Is this a serious take on a owner/chairman who has only been in the role for a several months? 🤔 

You can't be serious!

The way they are running the club is very amateurish to me. I see nothing but trouble coming in the horizon. 

On 08/09/2022 at 16:30, Blue Armour said:

The Ronaldo situation is a bit ridiculous if true.

An owner pushing a player on a coach who doesn't want him is exactly the sort of thing you don't want to see.

The only reason I see why the owners wanted Ronaldo is for marketability, can't get much bigger than Ronaldo in selling shirts and plastering his photos everywhere. Tuchel obviously didn't care about that. Remains to be seen if Potter will be a yes-man.

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

The way they are running the club is very amateurish to me. I see nothing but trouble coming in the horizon. 

And in your clearly professional opinion, how exactly are they running the club? Spending money in transfer market and getting there own man in? (Potter) what exactly do you see there that isn't normal? 

Edited by Kong