Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

41 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

E96bo7cX0AIxCeT?format=jpg&name=900x900

E96bo7cWEAIS5sT?format=jpg&name=900x900

As I stated a page back, Kante not finding Lukaku and Mount not finding Havertz was criminal. Hoping Tuchel rinses them with this footage as we could’ve been 2 or 3-0 before the break. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Please, I can't handle how shit we were in those attacks. 

If this was later on in the season it would have been a wrap for Liverpool.

I don't think our players realise the space avaliable, probably couldn't believe what they were seeing and thought they were suffering from delusions. There's no other explanation for it.

Edited by DDA

Great effort in the second half. We're such a tough squad to score on and it would have been another victory if we there was a competent ref. 

Really think Ziyech would flourish with a player like Lukaku. Would love to see Puli-Lukaku-Ziyech get a chance down the road.

We're not changing the formation as it works for our squad so the three in attack need to have more vision and take players on as Lukaku can open so much for them. 

10 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

E96bo7cWEAIS5sT?format=jpg&name=900x900

I just watched this particular action several times and we really, really messed it up. Lukaku could have played Havertz 1v1 quite easily but passed to Mount. Fair enough. But Mount could have passed to Havertz for a tap in but again, a wrong choice of action. Damn it, 0-2, game over.

But I know Tuchel and his team will analyse this and will see this. And in the course of time, the chemistry will get stronger and stronger.

But next time, keep Havertz on the pitch. With him, even with 10 men we might have a chance to score as he has that extra edge, extra spark Mount is lacking. Mount is a workhorse and Tuchel wanted not to concede. Fair enough.

Hi everyone I am new here. I thought Mendy was very good yesterday, he made some pretty impressive saves. Does anyone remember who got man of the match, this website says Mendy was also the man of the match. Anyways, vote on there and lets see what everyone thinks. Nice to meet you all!

That cunt cannot be allowed to ref another Chels, I dont care if its carabau cup or otherwise, we must not take this beating time and time again.

That was a performance of champions if you ask me, proper, resolute and real men.....we really should have ended the contest before 35min but whatever.

We are proud, but my hate for them bums at fa and pgmol only grows bigger game by game.

2 hours ago, joe13 said:

Hi everyone I am new here. I thought Mendy was very good yesterday, he made some pretty impressive saves. Does anyone remember who got man of the match, this website says Mendy was also the man of the match. Anyways, vote on there and lets see what everyone thinks. Nice to meet you all!

Official man of the match was AC i think 

They were real warriors last night. Congratutions on point gained. World class performances from the most, especially AC and Mendy.

We will need that warrior, fight till the end, never give up mentality and out of world performances from our defenders bar Alonso, and midfielders to get single point against top five teams in this League and in knockout stages of CL with Lukaku up front. Every single point will be extremely hard to get. And that will be the price for all those goals against midtable teams and relegation fodders like Arsenal.

Several lows that concerned me. Why Alonso started? He can't defend against teams that press and fast counter attacking teams aka Liverpool. To make up for midfielder that we are missing up front in our link up play and chances creating, because we have our striker with questionable skillset there, maybe. It was wrong call. Liverpool attacked our left side, created pressure, Alonso prevented Mendy from seeing the ball clear and getting it, red car and penalty happened. It wasn't shock, either surprise. With Alonso there. 

Why was Havertz taken off? He is our most skilled player.  Why Lukaku stayed in the second half when he was isolated and surplus? Wouldn't Werner be more useful in the second half when it wasn't about goals, but pressing and defending?  Werner was way better in those aspects than Lukaku.

Ironically, those balls that Mount and Havertz didn't pass to Lukaku, Werner would. I'm just not sure would Lukaku scored or tripped on them. Too many touches needed.

Said it way before he was signed, we will play games against top five (City, United, Pool, Leister, Spurs) with ten man with Lukaku upfront and I will be saying it after City game I'm afraid. 

I wanted  Chilwell to start with Pulisic/ Werner, Havertz and Mount upfront. Phantasy, I know.

Edited by laura90

36 minutes ago, laura90 said:

They were real warriors last night. Congratutions on point gained. World class performances from the most, especially AC and Mendy.

We will need that warrior, fight till the end, never give up mentality and out of world performances from our defenders bar Alonso, and midfielders to get single point against top five teams in this League and in knockout stages of CL with Lukaku up front. Every single point will be extremely hard to get. And that will be the price for all those goals against midtable teams and relegation fodders like Arsenal.

Several lows that concerned me. Why Alonso started? He can't defend against teams that press and fast counter attacking teams aka Liverpool. To make up for midfielder that we are missing up front in our link up play and chances creating, because we have our striker with questionable skillset there, maybe. It was wrong call. Liverpool attacked our left side, created pressure, Alonso prevented Mendy from seeing the ball clear and getting it, red car and penalty happened. It wasn't shock, either surprise. With Alonso there. 

Why was Havertz taken off? He is our most skilled player.  Why Lukaku stayed in the second half when he was isolated and surplus? Wouldn't Werner be more useful in the second half when it wasn't about goals, but pressing and defending?  Werner was way better in those aspects than Lukaku.

Ironically, those balls that Mount and Havertz didn't pass to Lukaku, Werner would. I'm just not sure would Lukaku scored or tripped on them. Too much touches needed.

Said it way before he was signed, we will play games against top five (City, United, Pool, Leister, Spurs) with ten man with Lukaku upfront and I will be saying it after City game I'm afraid. 

I wanted  Chilwell to start with Pulisic/ Werner, Havertz and Mount upfront. Phantasy, I know.

Mendy was low-key the most crucial aspect of the second half, sample size suggests atleast one of them go in with Kepa in goal.

Our record signing and top earner.

Our missing link in three man attack.

Our powerful No 9 bought in to terrorize defenders.

Against top team, albeit only the second game.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Suddenly our next game is much easier.

I thought all Prem clubs had agreed to deny players from going to countries that are red listed (Salah & Elneny aren't allowed to play in Egypt, for example). Our gain, either way.