Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

14 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Lukakuu was one for 1 reason and 1 reason only, for an outlet and maybe hold the ball up just so we can get out, werner would of been a wasted man imo 

I think the Liverpool defence pushed up quite a bit in the last 10 mins - Timo (if he had stayed onside) could have played on the last defender. 

Like I said - just my view. I thought Lukaku did well 👏 

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

how can you NOT rate Jorgiho at this point

he has been magnificent for months

even his defence and tacking has been crazy good

and other than the bonehead confusion where alonso knocked the ball away from Mendy, that lead to the pen and red, he was solid as fuck overall, other than one time (and he had cover at least, to a point) he shut down Salah for the most part

He has become a lot better at passing the ball out of high pressure situations. No doubt Tuchel's influence, as I feel the entire team is overall very good at it.

And yeah, he has a lot more steel. Hope the accolades will make him motivated to go up another level.

Also thought Lukaku did decent considering he was isolated for the majority of the match. VVD is a tough customer, but he practically rolled him over on a couple of occasions.

His passing and first touch were wanting on a couple of occasions, but I'm hoping Tuchel can improve that aspect of his play. 

Will be interesting to see how we rotate in the coming games. Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner won't be happy to remain on the bench for every single game., neither will Chillwell.

Edited by Blue Armour

1 hour ago, Vytis33 said:

Haven't seen the post-match today but every other interview I've watched from him has been genuine and thoughtful.  Got to believe he communicates with his players the same way.

I felt Frank handled the media brilliantly so whether TT could do as well was something I was concerned about. I needn't have been. He's better. A wonderful asset for the club.

I haven't seen his post game press conference but it would have been perfect as usual. His is pitch side interviews certainly were.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I thought he should have done better

he does not look at full pace. For inter he scored some of those one man counter attacks 

Some. There are always going to be situations where Rom being Rom will cost him, and us. Situations where a more technically competent player would succeed but where Rom would fail. That early run at VVD was a case in point. Van Dijk just jockeyed a metre or so off Rom so he could not push the ball and aim to power past the Liverpool man. Robbed of his strength he was forced to employ a part of his game which is not so strong. Eventually the ball got caught under him and the possession was lost. Focusing on his strengths is what Rom needs to do.

You know what i just realized, people online have been saying its a red because of reece's arm movement (moving toward the ball) after the knee to arm, but the thing is taylor didnt even watch that part on the replay.. so that argument is not valid.. he sent reece off because of the knee to arm part. One thing is for sure, get that cnt of a ref out!

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I disagree, situations like the second half are tailor-made for him. Liverpool were pushing forward in numbers and Timo would have had oceans of space, well either that or they dropped their line back 10 yards due to his presence, either-or would have worked for us.  

Oceans of space doesn't matter he can't hit a barn door atm lol 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I disagree, situations like the second half are tailor-made for him. Liverpool were pushing forward in numbers and Timo would have had oceans of space, well either that or they dropped their line back 10 yards due to his presence, either-or would have worked for us.  

we could have brought Timo on in 2nd half at some point as an SS if not for that cunt Taylor