Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

5 minutes ago, chippy said:

Its not about the ticket office staff having the authority to resell the packages. Its about them saying the tickets were sold out when they clearly weren't sold out.

Again though, a genuinely big club  in England would have easily had enough fans to buy up all the tickets no matter what price they were going for.

Its not like we had an allocation of 20,000 +.  We could not sell 5,800 tickets for the biggest game our club can play in. The fans have massively let down and embarrassed the club! They've showed piss poor passion and commitment towards the club and I can see the consequences of this hurting the club for a long time to come, because who in their right mind would spend a shit load of money building a 60,000 seated stadium after this insulting no show by the fans?

The tickets for what people wanted were sold out though and I would assume that they are directed by the club of what to inform fans.

This whole episode in my opinion is on the club, unless they've been directed by UEFA that they can't re-package. They should have managed this better. If those tickets were re-packaged they would have been sold out immediately. I'm pretty certain there will end up being more Chelsea fans travelling over there without tickets than those 800-900 tickets unsold.

I assume you've brought a ticket and are going over there, given how angry you are with Chelsea fans for not going?

1 hour ago, chippy said:

Its not about the ticket office staff having the authority to resell the packages. Its about them saying the tickets were sold out when they clearly weren't sold out.

Again though, a genuinely big club  in England would have easily had enough fans to buy up all the tickets no matter what price they were going for.

Its not like we had an allocation of 20,000 +.  We could not sell 5,800 tickets for the biggest game our club can play in. The fans have massively let down and embarrassed the club! They've showed piss poor passion and commitment towards the club and I can see the consequences of this hurting the club for a long time to come, because who in their right mind would spend a shit load of money building a 60,000 seated stadium after this insulting no show by the fans?

Just to follow this up a little but Chelsea Supporters Trust have come out and said that UEFA controlled the whole ticketing process, not Chelsea and wouldn't allow the charter package tickets to be sold in any other way hence why they had to be returned.

As per usual it looks like UEFA are doing their standard disservice to fans, which to me is a far bigger problem than the 'my club's bigger than yours' rubbish that arises from sensationalised stories like this one.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes that's exactly why the final could not be played in the UK. I'm not totally against this stance. If the game went ahead at Wembley without covid incident the government would get no credit. If it went wrong, and there was an outbreak, they would be blasted. Whether it went well or went badly they would be accused of double standards. I despise Boris Johnson and his crew but I don't think we could reasonably expect them to make any other decision on this issue.

Nahh it does make sense. Just shame they've tried to make it more money money by selling things high. But guess airlines also have cause demand..cash in and all.

Edited by Laylabelle

58 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Just to follow this up a little but Chelsea Supporters Trust have come out and said that UEFA controlled the whole ticketing process, not Chelsea and wouldn't allow the charter package tickets to be sold in any other way hence why they had to be returned.

As per usual it looks like UEFA are doing their standard disservice to fans, which to me is a far bigger problem than the 'my club's bigger than yours' rubbish that arises from sensationalised stories like this one.

and its worse...getting the media to make the club look bad.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The tickets for what people wanted were sold out though and I would assume that they are directed by the club of what to inform fans.

This whole episode in my opinion is on the club, unless they've been directed by UEFA that they can't re-package. They should have managed this better. If those tickets were re-packaged they would have been sold out immediately. I'm pretty certain there will end up being more Chelsea fans travelling over there without tickets than those 800-900 tickets unsold.

I assume you've brought a ticket and are going over there, given how angry you are with Chelsea fans for not going?

So was the package thing just mainly flights and transport and that? Then tickets and testing on top? 

I dont have a feeling CL final is in 48h.

Just watched highlights of 2 games against City lately. 

Defense pretty much picks itself. Mendy, Azpi, Silva, Rudiger, James, Chilwell. But James wing back please! No need for Chris here, especially after injury.

Very hard decision Kova or Jorgi out? And front three also some dilemmas... Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic did so well in those 2 games against City, it is hard to drop any of them. Kai and MM are the youngest one in attack and I chose experience here. I trust less young players in games like this.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Seeing that you asked. No, I'm not going.

Due to my very strongly held political beliefs I will not be going to anymore football matches for the forseeable future. 

13 minutes ago, chippy said:

Seeing that you asked. No, I'm not going.

Due to my very strongly held political beliefs I will not be going to anymore football matches for the forseeable future. 

So with the greatest respect, what gives you the right to berate and belittle the club's fan base for not attending?

Everyone has their reasons, now more than ever in this current environment. I never saw a problem with selling tickets for Moscow and Munich when we weren't still in the middle of a pandemic.

45 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

So was the package thing just mainly flights and transport and that? Then tickets and testing on top? 

I'm not sure what it included but the general theme on social media is the price was inflated in this way compared to people being able to make their own travel and preparations.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm not sure what it included but the general theme on social media is the price was inflated in this way compared to people being able to make their own travel and preparations.

Yeahhh that's what I thought. Then adding everything else on top..its just a way to make money money money really.  Couldve at least found a way to offer the cost of a testing as a part of it or something.. 

Back to Saturday..not sure can take penalties! Watching yesterday reminded me how much I hate them.

Edited by Laylabelle

8 minutes ago, Azul said:

Based on a single game? (Spurs in the League Cup)

There was also the shootout against Eintracht Frankfurt and his penalty saving record isn't too shabby.

The tricky thing with Kepa is there were also the shootouts against Man City (League Cup final) and Liverpool (UEFA Super Cup) where he failed to save penalties because of his flaky wrists, despite getting a hand on some of them. 

Mendy doesn't have a good record at saving penalties but so did Cech...until that night in Munich.

11 minutes ago, Azul said:

Based on a single game? (Spurs in the League Cup)

I also would. I explained in European football thread my reasons. Statistics does not lie...

24 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

So with the greatest respect, what gives you the right to berate and belittle the club's fan base for not attending?

Everyone has their reasons, now more than ever in this current environment. I never saw a problem with selling tickets for Moscow and Munich when we weren't still in the middle of a pandemic.

I've never lived anywhere near London and over the years its cost me a great deal of time and money to go and watch Chelsea. I had choices to make, follow Chelsea or spend the money on the other things that i wanted to do or buy.  I've paid my dues many times over.

My decision to stop going to matches was made at the start of the season. You either have principals and stand by them, or you don't have any at all! Very different reason for me not going than those complaining about cost, restrictions or even not being able to spend more time in Portugal.

As I said eàrlier, fans in much poorer parts of the country would have snapped up all the tickets as soon as they went on sale, no matter the cost or difficult circumstances regarding Covid.