Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Followers 1

This was 2 days ago and if I didn't recognize the players wrongly, both Mendy and Kante were out with the rest of the team...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quoting Oasis lyrics to mock Man City and the Gallaghers. Great trolling from the club's twitter admin. 😂

What a night. The game felt like ages since the moment we scored,  I probably aged 10 years but the hours since have flown by. Will take another few days to totally sink . Would have loved to go throu

This man... WHAT. A. PERFORMANCE.  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

He is starting for sure, tactics or not. Historically he has put up decent matches against City, hope this is one of those times.

I know he is, and I don't blame Tuchel for making that decision. However, I think that he'll get exposed against City with their full starting line-up.

30 minutes ago, Beigl said:

The problem is we don´t have alternatives.  Kovacic is quite good under pressure, but still looks very rusty after his injury so I doubt Tuchel would risk to play him. If Kante is out its game over in my opinion. 

Kovacic made less mistakes that led to goals than Jorginho in the last couple of games. When Kova is next to Kante he plays much better and atleast he had an excuse of being rusty. What excuse does Jorginho have?

Typically against City we suffer in the gap between the defence and the midfield, consistently City have players occupying that space and it’s always nervy having our midfielders in there, even Kante. 

De Bruyne scares the life out of me, when he has the bit between his teeth in a game he causes all sorts of problems. 

That said, it’s a one off game and my biggest worry? Our players attitudes and work rate, we’ve had big games recently and we’ve bottled every single one, failing to replicate the Madrid efforts.

City must be asphyxiated and forget their passing game - they should need to perform a litany in Notre Dame to proceed 20 yards.
Up fronn I 'm less worried. Timo will escape and pass it to Pulisic.

2 hours ago, Azul said:

Kovacic made less mistakes that led to goals than Jorginho in the last couple of games. When Kova is next to Kante he plays much better and atleast he had an excuse of being rusty. What excuse does Jorginho have?

Fair enough, but to be fair to Jorginho he was in general pretty good in the last few months and this includes many big games. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

How many games have we won with a Kante/Kovacic pair?

Under Tuchel I think just one, Atletico at home. Only been starters together a few times tho.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Under Tuchel I think just one, Atletico at home. Only been starters together a few times tho.

That’s the thing. I know people are wary of Jorginho but he hasn’t put a foot wrong in games like these. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What do we make of the fact that we have sent 800 tickets back?

Chelsea return more than 800 unsold Champions League final tickets - BBC Sport

That people aren't willing to pay silly prices.

The unsold ones part of a package.. The charter flights were 200 quid..tickets up to 300...then add on flow testing as well? You can definitely get cheaper flights! Or usually can anyway..so cheaper not to do that 'deal' 

Chelsea Supporter Trust board member Dan Silver said: "Uefa's lack of care for fans has again come to the fore."

He added: "They came to be our friends over the European Super League but now they have turned their backs on us again.

"Uefa's insistence on having charter flights - initially linked to 90% of tickets, which the clubs pushed back on - spending only 24 hours in Portugal with added Covid testing and additional costs have made it very prohibitive.

"Selling tickets for up to 400 euros for a limited access final with unnecessary travel is outrageous when there were obvious solutions closer to home."

Edited by Laylabelle
  • Shocked 1
24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What do we make of the fact that we have sent 800 tickets back?

Chelsea return more than 800 unsold Champions League final tickets - BBC Sport

Not quite sure, a lot of people on social media have been commenting that tickets through the Chelsea website were sold out.

This EL final shoot out reminded me of Moscow and Munich, and I will not be able to take it again. Just no.

ManUre without a title for 4,5 years. Nothing since that lousy 2017 league cup and since Mou left.

Lets us pls not become such bottlers....

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

ManUre without a title for 4,5 years. Nothing since that lousy 2017 league cup and since Mou left.

Lets us pls not become such bottlers....

We wont because we have proper owner. Lampard, Arteta and Ole are all the same, they stuck with them we did not settle for shit.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We wont because we have proper owner. Lampard, Arteta and Ole are all the same, they stuck with them we did not settle for shit.

Maybe... Arteta might be shit but he has 2 small title wins in a time where we have 0

And TT is a good coach but is terrible in finals.

• Jase changed the title to [KINGS OF EUROPE] Man City 0-1 Chelsea
  • James changed the title to Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea
  • James unlocked this topic