Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Be interesting to see how the back 3 and wb's line up. Personally, I hope to see Dave back at RCB as our defensive record since he switched to RWB hasn't been as good. Personally, I think the reason for it is that Zouma isn't trusted at all and James isn't giving the output expected at RWB. 

1 hour ago, chippy said:

My decision to stop going to matches was made at the start of the season. You either have principals and stand by them, or you don't have any at all! Very different reason for me not going than those complaining about cost, restrictions or even not being able to spend more time in Portugal.

If I guessed this is a BLM protest would I be wrong?

1 hour ago, Jas said:

There was also the shootout against Eintracht Frankfurt and his penalty saving record isn't too shabby.

The tricky thing with Kepa is there were also the shootouts against Man City (League Cup final) and Liverpool (UEFA Super Cup) where he failed to save penalties because of his flaky wrists, despite getting a hand on some of them. 

Mendy doesn't have a good record at saving penalties but so did Cech...until that night in Munich.

Exactly and Mendy seems like the kind of player with a strong mentality and presence. Kepa is someone I'd never trust in such a big game.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I also would. I explained in European football thread my reasons. Statistics does not lie...

CL final is different. In a big game like this you need players with a very strong mentality. We all know how Kepa is mentally, the guy easily crumbles when he faces adversity.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If I guessed this is a BLM protest would I be wrong?

You are correct.

Will say no  more in this thread. Explained where I'm coming from on this in the Politics thread.

40 minutes ago, Azul said:

Exactly and Mendy seems like the kind of player with a strong mentality and presence. Kepa is someone I'd never trust in such a big game.

I don't think Kepa had a problem with the mental side of his game, until he lost the plot in the Cup final. Never the same from that moment on really.

Manchester City and Chelsea fans involved in clashes with Porto police and each other after bars shut at 10.30pm... with thousands more supporters set to arrive ahead of Champions League final

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9627549/Manchester-City-Chelsea-fans-involved-violent-clashes-Porto-police-other.html

0c66d5af12eb6fea4676ca188314898a.png

A number of fans were involved in clashes in Porto on Thursday night when the bars closedChelsea and Manchester City supporters are alleged to have violently clashed with policeFootage shown on local television showed fans running around in skirmishes as darkness fell

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I dont have a feeling CL final is in 48h.

Just watched highlights of 2 games against City lately. 

Defense pretty much picks itself. Mendy, Azpi, Silva, Rudiger, James, Chilwell. But James wing back please! No need for Chris here, especially after injury.

Very hard decision Kova or Jorgi out? And front three also some dilemmas... Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic did so well in those 2 games against City, it is hard to drop any of them. Kai and MM are the youngest one in attack and I chose experience here. I trust less young players in games like this.

I think Mount is an automatic starter because his worst performance is usually 5-6/10 since he runs himself to the ground.

Official Chelsea’s Champions League final squad:

Goalkeepers: Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero (if pens, he is a MUST, old Willy can go out in a blue blaze of glory)

Defenders: Antonio Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Andreas Christensen, Thiago Silva, Kurt Zouma, Ben Chilwell, Reece James (RWB), Cesar Azpilicueta (RCB), Emerson

Midfielders: Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic, Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour, Tino Anjorin

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Christian Pulisic, Timo Werner, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz

9 hours ago, chippy said:

As I said eàrlier, fans in much poorer parts of the country would have snapped up all the tickets as soon as they went on sale, no matter the cost or difficult circumstances regarding Covid.

Is that necessarily a good thing though? Isn't this what encourages to raise the prices, the fact that people will gobble them up no matter what? I don't think that's good as it gives them absolute power to abuse supporters' loyalty to enrich themselves. I am all for consumers letting their discontent known by keeping their money to themselves, it's the only way big money organisations will listen.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Manchester City and Chelsea fans involved in clashes with Porto police and each other after bars shut at 10.30pm... with thousands more supporters set to arrive ahead of Champions League final

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9627549/Manchester-City-Chelsea-fans-involved-violent-clashes-Porto-police-other.html

0c66d5af12eb6fea4676ca188314898a.png

A number of fans were involved in clashes in Porto on Thursday night when the bars closedChelsea and Manchester City supporters are alleged to have violently clashed with policeFootage shown on local television showed fans running around in skirmishes as darkness fell

Some things never change...

At times like this makes me ashamed of being English and a CFC supporter.

Fuck knows what they're going to get up to on match day, I mean Shitty as well. they've been in altercations with Manure fans since they got beat by Villareal.

Talk about Brits abroad, don't it just show the rest of the world we're like, they think we're all like this, or should I say like to think we'er like it😡

Edited by bigbluewillie
changed from hate to ashamed

3 hours ago, manpe said:

Is that necessarily a good thing though? Isn't this what encourages to raise the prices, the fact that people will gobble them up no matter what? I don't think that's good as it gives them absolute power to abuse supporters' loyalty to enrich themselves. I am all for consumers letting their discontent known by keseping their money to themselves, it's the only way big money organisations will listen.

I cancelled my Sky subscription when they introduced PPV, because I felt it was a rip off paying for something twice. But a one off event which we only get to every now and then, is a bit different.

Back in 2012, Chelsea didn't sell out 4000 tickets for the semi final second leg at Barca, so this is not the first time our fanbase has been shown up.

Big following around the world, but the home support isn't what it could be.