Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Good news on injuries. Tuchel says N'golo will train on Wednesday, he's hopeful Mendy will train on Wednesday too - "made huge improvement on managing the pain"

Edited by Strike

9 hours ago, Jas said:

If your basis for wanting to start Pulisic in the Champions League final because of an assist yesterday and what he did in the semi-final, then did Tuchel not make the right decision to start Ziyech in the FA Cup final? Pulisic did nothing in the two games leading up to that final while Ziyech got the equalizer at City and got us to the final because of his winner against City in the semi-final. 

No. You are putting words in my mouth. My reason for wanting Pulisic starting in the final is because he’s our most offensively productive player over the last 13 games. The numbers don’t lie. He also has a good track record in big games and for a 22 yr old, he has played in a lot of champions league games. 

7 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

No. You are putting words in my mouth. My reason for wanting Pulisic starting in the final is because he’s our most offensively productive player over the last 13 games. The numbers don’t lie. He also has a good track record in big games and for a 22 yr old, he has played in a lot of champions league games. 

Seems convenient or selective to just randomly select the last 13 games. Why not 10? 15? Or 20? But whatever.

10 minutes ago, Jas said:

Seems convenient or selective to just randomly select the last 13 games. Why not 10? 15? Or 20? But whatever.

Jas, do you always attack peoples opinions on here? I don’t get it. I gave solid, logical reasons for my opinion. You seem to have an agenda. Not sure what it is. You’re opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.

I've never disliked City even with Pep being there and them winning everything but the way the media are hyping them up as Champions already.... I would love nothing more than to wipe the smirks off their faces. 

3 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

Jas, do you always attack peoples opinions on here? I don’t get it. I gave solid, logical reasons for my opinion. You seem to have an agenda. Not sure what it is. You’re opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.

No, I just find your logic strange, like using stats only over the last 13 (why not 5, 10 or 15?), banging on about an assist in a defeat to justify a start etc.

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

No, I just find your logic strange, like using stats only over the last 13 (why not 5, 10 or 15?), banging on about an assist in a defeat to justify a start etc.

I find your logic strange for wanting  to bench Pulisic for a less productive player. We are entitled to our opinions. Because you are a mod on this sight, doesnt make your opinion hold more value. You tone suggests some sort of superiority. 
Ignore all the stats I produced. What I said about producing in finals and big games like this is fact. What I said about his experience on the Champions league stage is also a fact. Go back to the last 10 games then. He is still our best attacking player. 

29 minutes ago, DDA said:

I've never disliked City even with Pep being there and them winning everything but the way the media are hyping them up as Champions already.... I would love nothing more than to wipe the smirks off their faces. 

Me neither! And if we weren't in the final be rooting for them as be nice for them to win.. just not at our expense!

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Pretty sure we have won every game under Tuchel against a high line with Werner up front. 

But hey, lets start Pulisic just for the heck of it. 

It’s not an either or. I get it, your a Werner fan. I am not. I rate pulisic. You don’t. A few weeks ago supporters were looking to dump Werner. Now he’s back in fashion for some strange reason. How many sitters has this guy missed? How many shots has he skyed over the bar? It makes me sick to think about it. 

I find your logic strange for wanting  to bench Pulisic for a less productive player. We are entitled to our opinions. Because you are a mod on this sight, doesnt make your opinion hold more value. You tone suggests some sort of superiority. 
Ignore all the stats I produced. What I said about producing in finals and big games like this is fact. What I said about his experience on the Champions league stage is also a fact. Go back to the last 10 games then. He is still our best attacking player. 

Less productive player? If you look back at the last 10 games, Werner contributed 4 goals (2 goals and 2 assists) while Pulisic contributed 3 goals (1 goal and 2 assists). Of Werner's 4 goals, 3 of them include the winner against West Ham, the assist for Alonso's winning goal at City (both ensured we got into the Top 4) and the opening goal against Real Madrid at the Bridge. Of Pulisic's 3 goals, 1 was the away goal and another 1 was the assist for the killer against Real Madrid. Not going to sit here and brag about Werner being more productive considering the difference is only 1 but Werner also contributed key goals in our run-in, not only Pulisic like you've made it out to be. Heck even if we look back at the last 13 games, both Werner and Pulisic contributed the same amount of goals - Werner has 2 goals and 3 assists while Pulisic has 3 goals and 2 assists. 

And for the record, I don't think I've said Pulisic should be benched. As I said earlier, I just find your logic strange when they have both contributed basically the same amount of goals over the last 10-15 games from very similar amount of minutes played. The fact is our attackers are blowing hot and cold. Pulisic hasn't been anywhere near his best for ages now, just like how inconsistent Werner has been. The numbers won't be the one that will decide Tuchel's selection. It'll come down to devising a tactical plan and picking the players that can execute the plan effectively and based on the last two games against City, Werner seems like a shoo-in. Mount will be selected. Then it comes down to Pulisic, Ziyech or Havertz. Tuchel went with Mount-Werner-Ziyech in the cup semi-final and Ziyech-Werner-Pulisic at the Etihad (Mount was rested then). For all we know and for all this debate, Tuchel could easily go with a similar line-up to the latter of Pulisic-Werner-Mount. He could also go with Werner-Havertz-Mount, something he's yet to try/play against City.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

THey have been at it since before the final, the media would utterly love it if city won, they would hail them as THE best ever, just last season pool were THE best ever. Bunch of kids with huge chip on their shoulders as far as we are concerned. We must win, we must make them suffer.

54 minutes ago, Jas said:

Less productive player? If you look back at the last 10 games, Werner contributed 4 goals (2 goals and 2 assists) while Pulisic contributed 3 goals (1 goal and 2 assists). Of Werner's 4 goals, 3 of them include the winner against West Ham, the assist for Alonso's winning goal at City (both ensured we got into the Top 4) and the opening goal against Real Madrid at the Bridge. Of Pulisic's 3 goals, 1 was the away goal and another 1 was the assist for the killer against Real Madrid. Not going to sit here and brag about Werner being more productive considering the difference is only 1 but Werner also contributed key goals in our run-in, not only Pulisic like you've made it out to be. Heck even if we look back at the last 13 games, both Werner and Pulisic contributed the same amount of goals - Werner has 2 goals and 3 assists while Pulisic has 3 goals and 2 assists. 

And for the record, I don't think I've said Pulisic should be benched. As I said earlier, I just find your logic strange when they have both contributed basically the same amount of goals over the last 10-15 games from very similar amount of minutes played. The fact is our attackers are blowing hot and cold. Pulisic hasn't been anywhere near his best for ages now, just like how inconsistent Werner has been. The numbers won't be the one that will decide Tuchel's selection. It'll come down to devising a tactical plan and picking the players that can execute the plan effectively and based on the last two games against City, Werner seems like a shoo-in. Mount will be selected. Then it comes down to Pulisic, Ziyech or Havertz. Tuchel went with Mount-Werner-Ziyech in the cup semi-final and Ziyech-Werner-Pulisic at the Etihad (Mount was rested then). For all we know and for all this debate, Tuchel could easily go with a similar line-up to the latter of Pulisic-Werner-Mount. He could also go with Werner-Havertz-Mount, something he's yet to try/play against City.

I will point out that Werner is playing as a striker and one of those goals, I could have headed in. Also, pulisic is playing out of position. He has stated publicaly he prefers the left side. Again, no need to rehash what Tuchel is gonna do. He will probably bench Pulisic. I have made that clear 3x now

I will point out that Werner is playing as a striker and one of those goals, I could have headed in. Also, pulisic is playing out of position. He has stated publicaly he prefers the left side. Again, no need to rehash what Tuchel is gonna do. He will probably bench Pulisic. I have made that clear 3x now

Oh, now you bring position into the equation? If you want to say Pulisic is playing out of position, then one can easily say it's the same with Werner considering he's not a natural #9 or suited to leading the line. And how exactly is Pulisic even playing out of position? He played so many games on the left and even if he prefers playing on the left, he's still not exactly alien to playing on the right either. 

20 minutes ago, Jas said:

Oh, now you bring position into the equation? If you want to say Pulisic is playing out of position, then one can easily say it's the same with Werner considering he's not a natural #9 or suited to leading the line. And how exactly is Pulisic even playing out of position? He played so many games on the left and even if he prefers playing on the left, he's still not exactly alien to playing on the right either. 

Ok. I’m done. What has been happening last 2 games isn’t working. You say it’s pulisic that needs to change. I like the idea of bringing Werner in later for the hustle and speed. Tuchel has tightened up the defense since he got here. The forward third needs rethinking. I’m done with the Werner at striker experiment.  The amount of goals speaks for itself. 

Difference of opinion.  COYB

Edited by Ryebread
Added to it