Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid

Jase

34 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Belgian football ppl are a curious bunch when it comes to loyalty. Apparently applies to fans as well, remember how many Belgians we had on this forum when Eden & company were still here?

Anyway I hope we catch a rare ruthless patch in the game tomorrow and absolute ravage them. chances will be there aplenty.

58 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

With his track record in big games I will suddenly become a lot more confident tomorow if this is actually true.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Belgian football ppl are a curious bunch when it comes to loyalty. Apparently applies to fans as well, remember how many Belgians we had on this forum when Eden & company were still here?

Anyway I hope we catch a rare ruthless patch in the game tomorrow and absolute ravage them. chances will be there aplenty.

Lets hope so man, would be lovely

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

With his track record in big games I will suddenly become a lot more confident tomorow if this is actually true.

Yeah I heard that Tomo

After seeing the disgraceful behaviour of the PSG players - I feel I have misjudged TT.

What a bunch of petulant wankers.

I bet they didn't listen to anything he said.

Well done to City. Total professionalism.

I expect the same antics from Real Madrid tomorrow night. I just pray we get a decent performance from the Ref.

UEFA should fine PSG - some awful challenges at the end and brought the game into disrepute.

Just now, Muzchap said:

After seeing the disgraceful behaviour of the PSG players - I feel I have misjudged TT.

I expect the same antics from Real Madrid tomorrow night. I just pray we get a decent performance from the Ref.

UEFA should fine PSG - some awful challenges at the end and brought the game into disrepute.

Some fans were wary of Tuchel because of his behavior with the board. 

Look at Icardi tonight. A ghost. 50 million. This was a Leonardo transfer, when Tuchel was begging them for full backs. 

You can see why no manager can work with them. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Some fans were wary of Tuchel because of his behavior with the board. 

Look at Icardi tonight. A ghost. 50 million. This was a Leonardo transfer, when Tuchel was begging them for full backs. 

You can see why no manager can work with them. 

yup the lack of quality is their main problem - the behavior was just frustration for being so soundly beaten.

Regarding the game tomorrow, think the strategy will be very much the same with lots of pace in the attack and quick transition.

Not that concerned about Eden. He's obviously a quality player, but RM has a lot of that anyway.

6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

I didnt see the game, but the players throwing their toys out the pram, sounds like the Spurs  team the night of the so called battle of the bridge. Coincidence both teans were managed by Potch?

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

I didnt see the game, but the players throwing their toys out the pram, sounds like the Spurs  team the night of the so called battle of the bridge. Coincidence both teans were managed by Potch?

Yup agree- he seems to encourage petulant prima donnas. 

Let's make it an all English final in UCL and Europa League. I clearly hate all of the other teams, but will support them getting to the final as it's more beneficial for our League. It shows the quality is improving and those 1 team leagues are slipping behind (except Spain)

Edited by Muzchap

Hope we get off to another fast assured start like the first leg. If we start like vs Fulham, it will be a long night because regardless of what Madrid line up they put out, you know they are looking to score as this swings the tie for them. We need to keep a clean sheet at all costs but also score to make absolutely certain. City just played a perfect game tonight I would say, we need to do the same.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hope we get off to another fast assured start like the first leg. If we start like vs Fulham, it will be a long night because regardless of what Madrid line up they put out, you know they are looking to score as this swings the tie for them. We need to keep a clean sheet at all costs but also score to make absolutely certain. City just played a perfect game tonight I would say, we need to do the same.

1 goal for us hardly means anything, all it does is prevent a loss at 90 minutes if Real score 1. Away goals only really start counting when you get two plus. It is why I was so disappointed last week. 

hace 31 minutos, King Kante dijo:

1 goal for us hardly means anything, all it does is prevent a loss at 90 minutes if Real score 1. Away goals only really start counting when you get two plus. It is why I was so disappointed last week. 

Still first goal for us will make Madrid play much more offensive as they will need 2 goals, meaning spaces for us to exploit though. As long as we can get the first goal, keep it tight at the back and play in those spaces they will undoubtedly leave to try chase the game I think we will be sound. Whilst they need a goal they wont be as easy to play against like last week so we need to get them committing players up the pitch. Or just control them from minute 1 which may not be as easy as they will definitely play much better.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still first goal for us will make Madrid play much more offensive as they will need 2 goals, meaning spaces for us to exploit though. As long as we can get the first goal, keep it tight at the back and play in those spaces they will undoubtedly leave to try chase the game I think we will be sound. Whilst they need a goal they wont be as easy to play against like last week so we need to get them committing players up the pitch. Or just control them from minute 1 which may not be as easy as they will definitely play much better.

We tore them apart at 0-0 as we did at 1-0 and created chances en masse . Other then the dippers we did not struggle to create at all to unlock them. I am fairly confident we can do so again. In fact under TT apart from the fgamew be Spurs and wolves which were early on, we never failed to create at least 3 huge chances and a couple of almost huge chances were the penultimate ball was lagging. The problem remains the finishing. If we make a meal out of it again it can still be a tight rope this.  But if we one time have our shooting boots and this can easily be a thumping.