Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid

Jase

Goodluck to the lads, i hope they give it their all and can qualify for the final, whatever happens, happens, the fact that we already won this cup after many dissapointments in the past it makes me have less expectations than before. I’m very proud of this team and what they achieved so far. Cheers and KTBFFH

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still first goal for us will make Madrid play much more offensive as they will need 2 goals, meaning spaces for us to exploit though. As long as we can get the first goal, keep it tight at the back and play in those spaces they will undoubtedly leave to try chase the game I think we will be sound. Whilst they need a goal they wont be as easy to play against like last week so we need to get them committing players up the pitch. Or just control them from minute 1 which may not be as easy as they will definitely play much better.

A goal for us shouldn't change Madrid's approach. They have got to score at least once regardless, us scoring does not change that. The only difference is a goal for us means if they get their goal then it is on to extra time (which heavily favours the away side anyway.) 

Us scoring first pretty much means nothing. One of the best examples of this was when we played Le Arse in 2004. It was 1-1 in the first leg and then they scored first in the second leg. However, when they did it didn't change anything, we still had to score and we just kept to the game plan we were working with. The real changer in that tie was Bridge's goal, which was the second away goal, which mean they had to score 2.

The only way a first goal means anything to the tie tonight is if Real go 1 up, as at that point it gives us the lifeline of extra time. Best way of looking at it at the moment is that with it currently being 1-1 after the away leg, the score is really 1.5 v 1 for us. A goal for us makes it 2-1, so it really is negligible. 

I wonder what kind of lousy mindgame is it with Hazard. Let's face it, he was invisible in last match and I hardly think his presence unsettles anyone here

1 hour ago, Supermonkey said:

I got a bad feeling about this. 

I feel the same. I am just wondering how we are going to get fecked. Will it be a VAR/Ref special or will one of our own do something ridiculous?

48 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Lets be optimistic, this is our biggest night in 10 years. We will win tonight!

I struggle to be optimistic at the best of times. It helps with the disappointment lol but I can't lie there's a reluctant confidence that we will at least compete. 

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I'm more worried about Benzema than Hazard.

Agreed... his CL record, esp of late, is indeed worrying.

Eden has the advantage of knowing the pitch (and facilities) inside and out, but has the disadvantage of facing defenders who know his style and are used to his movement. It's hard to predict, but the latter usually wins.

This is a great game to play! It's no disaster to lose to RM, so you can play full of confidence and with a swagger - leave everything on the pitch. Our intensity has been great since Tuchel took over and we need to be more intense than Real today.

Edited by robsblubot

Nerves really setting in now. I’m predicting that Real Madrid will come out hyper aggressive and hunting for an early goal to try and rattle us.

So hopefully our speedy guys up front are on their game and ready to exploit their high press.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nerves really setting in now. I’m predicting that Real Madrid will come out hyper aggressive and hunting for an early goal to try and rattle us.

So hopefully our speedy guys up front are on their game and ready to exploit their high press.

Trying to imagine Toni Kroos being hyper aggressive lol.