• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don't think Cavani was a sub for PSG. It is hard to imagine not thinking he is ready to play any minutes to starter in 4 days.

Only made 7 starts in Ligue 1, 7 more appearances as a sub. Then 3 CL games and 3 French cup games (not sure if he started them or not) but he was more or less second choice to Icardi when he was fit and did miss portions of the season due to injury. 

I think he has been training prior to signing for United. Plus he’s had 14 days self isolating, where I am sure he has managed some sort of exercise work again as more so now clubs have been making programmes for people to maintain their fitness during the lockdown initially and will have more than likely continued that for guys self isolating so I don't think its completely unlikely he could feature.

Hes only trained with his United team mates since Sunday according to the Express. I mean I think with how the pre-seasons gone for most clubs and players, its hardly out of the picture to think he could play. If he was lacking fitness he wouldn’t of been outside doing much with the group I wouldn’t have thought.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1350024/Edinson-Cavani-debut-why-not-playing-PSG-when-Cavani-Man-Utd-debut-evg/amp

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is hard to see how Ole would put Cavani as a starter in a big game when he has not played a meaningful game in 2020. Ole was not very trusting of his subs last year,

He put Tuanzebe on Neymar and Mbappé after Tuanzebe hadn't featuring in little over a year.

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I would hope there is a better reason that he keeps putting Pulisic on the RW other than making room for Mount as a winger.

In lamp setup we want a player who stay wide on the right, it is puli and cho. Essentially if you play puli on the left you kinda have to start cho. 

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Good lineup but why play Werner there, Puli should be there instead and Werner as striker.......Giroud would be better bet than Tammy anyway.

You can certainly play puli and Werner up top no problem. But I want fresher leg plus I want more than just speed behind, tammy offer different all around package. Better holder, and can offer physicality to the game. 

On LW, it does not matter if we play werner or puli. Whoever fresher should play. One of them can come in later on. 

In 343,Tammy is actually better than Giroud. You kinda want an all arounder because without midfield support you are tasked to do almost everything. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There's being fit and match ready. 

There is but how are you meant to get match fit not playing any games? At some point you've got to play somebody, match fitness and getting some rhythm from playing games is different from training yes but they can't get it keeping someone out... I think they'll throw him in if they don't play 3412 again. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

There is but how are you meant to get match fit not playing any games? At some point you've got to play somebody, match fitness and getting some rhythm from playing games is different from training yes but they can't get it keeping someone out... I think they'll throw him in if they don't play 3412 again. 

It's the risk involved. Tossing in a player who hasn't played competitive football in months in a game as prolific as this. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's the risk involved. Tossing in a player who hasn't played competitive football in months in a game as prolific as this. 

It is but I think the fact they didn't take him to Paris and he stayed behind with Maguire, Greenwood and whoever else to train would indicate they want him ready and could possibly be looking to use him in the game v us. By sounds of what Solskjaer said in his interview, he's hinted more that Cavani will be closer/more ready than those others who stayed behind. Course the risk is greater because he hasn't played competitive football since March at club level (think it was March they cancelled Ligue 1?) but I don't think its highly unlikely he will have been doing work prior to his contract expiring and maintaining it over the period he was out of contract. Plus as mentioned before the time he was self isolating, he wouldn't just of been sitting about and he's been in about with their first team training so would think he will be close to offering something be it starting for 55-60 minutes or coming on for 25-30 minutes. And either way I hope he doesn't. He's a different proposition to what they have in CF positions and now the fact they have Fernandes who can find those guys in the advanced positions, as I said I hope he doesn't play because everytime he seems to do so against us he has a tendency to score. 

54 minutes ago, communicate said:

You can certainly play puli and Werner up top no problem. But I want fresher leg plus I want more than just speed behind, tammy offer different all around package. Better holder, and can offer physicality to the game. 

On LW, it does not matter if we play werner or puli. Whoever fresher should play. One of them can come in later on. 

In 343,Tammy is actually better than Giroud. You kinda want an all arounder because without midfield support you are tasked to do almost everything. 

Thats fair :yes:

I just want the win in any shape or form, sick of losing to these bums. Media would love it if they take us out.

Our strengths are there strengths and vice versa. It's just they have a settled lineup used to playing with each other for the most part particularly in attack.

Our defence is far from convincing but neither is there's and ours has been completely different with mendy in goal (small sample size) so I expect it to be a close game with moments of quality being the difference.

If we can get the ball up the pitch and don't get overrun in midfield which is the risk if we come up against a 4-3-3 then we have a great chance. Both teams are probably set up better to counter attack which will be interesting to see.

10 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Thats fair :yes:

I just want the win in any shape or form, sick of losing to these bums. Media would love it if they take us out.

Against united it is always difficult. You have to worry about their front 3 in transition plus they keep getting penalty every game. 

1 hour ago, milka said:

Cavani will score against us for sure i hate  this guy .....:)

something else for sure in this game -->  Fernandes  will  take a penalty  so  this game looking like  3:1 ? 

It goes without saying they will get a pen or maybe more. Its their bread and butter.