• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

Please stop playing 4231. We do not have the CM's to play it properly as teams just keep running past Jorgi and Kante. Until we get a real DMF park the formation and try again if SFL wants. 

For me, go with 433. My team would be: 

Mendy

James.      Thiago.          AC.    Chilwell 

Kante 

Havertz.                 Mount/Kova 

Puli.                    Giroud.              Werner 

Bench: Willy, Zouma, Dave, Jorgi, Kova, CHO, Tammy

In my opinion, Ziyech needs to get some fitness still. I would be looking to start him during the week. 

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Werner - Tammy - Ziyech 

Chilwell - Kova - Kante - James

Zouma - Thiago - Azpi

Mendy 

Good lineup but why play Werner there, Puli should be there instead and Werner as striker.......Giroud would be better bet than Tammy anyway.

21 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Good lineup but why play Werner there, Puli should be there instead and Werner as striker.......Giroud would be better bet than Tammy anyway.

In a back 3 system, think it's fine to play Werner on the left on the front 3 because he'll operate much closer to the striker position (as opposed to wide on the flanks in a back 4 system). He played there for Leipzig and has done the same for Germany too, I believe. In fact, I'm kinda curious to see if we'll use Werner alongside alongside Abraham or Giroud, who he can play off with like he did with Poulsen at Leipzig.

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Werner on the LW might explain why Lampard keeps putting Pulisic on the RW. 

No. Playing Werner on the LW, with him operating like a winger is just stupid. We would just be wasting his qualities, might as well have not bought him. If we're gonna play Werner on the left side, then it should be when we play a back 3 system and not a back 4. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

No. Playing Werner on the LW, with him operating like a winger is just stupid. We would just be wasting his qualities, might as well have not bought him. If we're gonna play Werner on the left side, then it should be when we play a back 3 system and not a back 4. 

I would hope there is a better reason that he keeps putting Pulisic on the RW other than making room for Mount as a winger.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I would hope there is a better reason that he keeps putting Pulisic on the RW other than making room for Mount as a winger.

Am guessing he doesn't want to make the left side too attack minded with Chilwell and Pulisic? Although that doesn't really make sense since James isn't exactly a defensive full back and would think the long term plan is to have Ziyech and James on that right side, which is hardly defensive minded side. 

Think many need to remember that United will be without Martial and possibly Greenwood too. That limits their pace up top with only Rashford, and James if Ole has the balls to play him again. 

We won't need to go 343 here. It will be Silva+Zouma vs Cavani. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

In a back 3 system, think it's fine to play Werner on the left on the front 3 because he'll operate much closer to the striker position (as opposed to wide on the flanks in a back 4 system). He played there for Leipzig and has done the same for Germany too, I believe. In fact, I'm kinda curious to see if we'll use Werner alongside alongside Abraham or Giroud, who he can play off with like he did with Poulsen at Leipzig.

Yeah possibly but I cant see FL going 343 anytime soon, lets see what he is conjuring up come saturday

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No. He's had zero game time. 

Both Martial and Greenwood out would be huge in terms of how we set up. 

It is hard to see how Ole would put Cavani as a starter in a big game when he has not played a meaningful game in 2020. Ole was not very trusting of his subs last year,

I know it is not our game, but Everton is losing quite a few players for this and possibly next game. A win can really bunch up the top of the table for us. This year is shaping up to be a year that we could make a run for the top, if we can get our team rolling.

I would play Mount, but only at RW. He can add much needed protection for James against Rashford.Other than that, imagine Chilwell, Pulisic, and Werner terrorising that left side?

Again, all this talk will be pointless if the players aren't focused and Lampard isn't drilling into them the game plan of a disciplined performance. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is hard to see how Ole would put Cavani as a starter in a big game when he has not played a meaningful game in 2020. Ole was not very trusting of his subs last year,

Thats a bit of an odd statement. It’s actually incorrect because OGS started Telles last v PSG for his debut. Which v PSG would defo say is a big game. Also started Fred, who has only played 145 minutes so far this season so again debunks the doesn’t trust his subs carry on. Scott McTominay as well started and has played just 225 minutes. Axel Tuanzebe also started for his first game all season but was more likely forced but again he put him in and the way he played by the sounds of it wouldn’t be surprised if he plays against us. Playing those guys v PSG is probably as big a sign he trusts them as theyll get. 

For any manager, not just OGS, at any club, why would you not throw in someone who despite only making 22 appearances due to injury last season still scored 7 goals, who if fit could have a good impact?

United will look better with an actual 9 I reckon and not a winger upfront. Whether or not Cavani is the man for them, although I think he still has plenty to give, I don’t know.

Cavani has a good goal record against us as well from his time in Naples and Paris. Lets hope he doesn’t play even at 33 think he could get a few chances.

I think they will set up the same against us as they did v PSG though and just try to exploit us on transitions. This is a huge game for Frank, not picking up any points here leaves us with 8 points after 6 games and whatever way you look at it, thats not great. When you consider the fact we drew with West Brom and Southampton in the manner we did, I think we need to get a win. Then have to beat Burnley, Sheffield United, Newcastle before the Spurs game comes up at the end of next month or the pressure will get more intense.