• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

5 minutes ago, Azul said:

I feel like we can press them because they are not as well oiled as the Sevilla team.

People have got to realise that Sevilla is one of the most inform teams in Europe this year. They lost 2 games since February and they almost beat Bayern Munich in the cup final. 

It will be very easy for the likes of Pulisic, Havertz and Werner to go slice through Man UTD's midfield and defense. Believe it or not, I am optimistic about this game. That is if Lampard selects the right team ofcourse.

Easy to say we can press them but how often our pressing has been effective? If we don't get it right, we'll risk getting countered and thrashed like what happened in the opening game last season.

And this isn't even about Sevilla. It's how we are operating as a unit. Right now, it feels like we'll be good in attack or bad in defence OR bad in attack or good in defence. We can't seem to find the right balance.

I'd rather we play it smart and not play right into United's hands by doing anything stupid because that's how they easily beat us 3 times last season. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We couldn't even beat a crap team like West Brom...

Lamps is my number one concern. He is in over his head atm. He does crazy things.

Zouma terrifies me. I wish Rudiger would get a run of games with Thiago.

I hate the Kante/Jorgi double pivot.

God help us if Chilwell goes down.

Mount should NEVER play winger again.

Kepa should be removed to the U23's.

Am oki with the rest.

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

I suppose Krasnodar away next week will be the best game in this stupid schedule for us to rotate but I am slightly concerned that Lampard might run Havertz and Werner to the ground here. They have been playing a lot of games for us and Germany and will continue to do so in the coming weeks and months. 

From possible 270 minutes for Germany this month Werner played just 100 and Kai less than 170 so they are fine.

For Chelsea Timo missed just Barnsley while Kai did not play against Spurs and played 66 minutes in other cup game, 45 against Pool and 80 mins in Brighton.

Timo like you said should get some rest in Russia and Olie deserves a chance. I mean he is the reason why we play CL in the first place.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

From possible 270 minutes for Germany this month Werner played just 100 and Kai less than 170 so they are fine.

For Chelsea Timo missed just Barnsley while Kai did not play against Spurs and played 66 minutes in other cup game, 45 against Pool and 80 mins in Brighton.

Timo like you said should get some rest in Russia and Olie deserves a chance. I mean he is the reason why we play CL in the first place.

The point is the fatigue may start to set in once you add up all the games that have been played and will be played. And it's not like players will many, if any, days off between games. 

Tbf I seen some of the highlights from the United game and they looked like they had good chances on the counter but poor decisions from Rashford and Fernandes definitely cost them guilt edge chances. I think if they play that 3 at the back system and just sit in like they did for most of the game against PSG they will frustrate us because we will be vulnerable on transitions no doubt and that suits them with Rashford, Martial, Telles (delivery looked very good in the clips I seen tonight also) and Wan Bissaka. De Gea did make some good saves though. PSG didn't do enough bar 15 minutes where Mbappe turned it up a bit after HT but even then, Di Maria and Neymar could have done more. 

We should be looking to win here. Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic hopefully play from the start. Not that Mount was particularly the worst player out there but I think its time to see how these guys do and in a game like this one, where I think United will probably not be too worried about sitting in, having Ziyech and Pulisic play off the sides is key. Mount could perhaps play off the front but I think Havertz although again not great tonight, has got a real ability to find space. 

Mendy/Kepa (na joking, Mendy only)

James - Silva - Zouma (just dont give him the ball as much...) - Chilwell

Kovacic - Jorginho 

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic 

Werner

Now on Jorginho-Kovacic. I think that is better than having Kovacic-Kante or Jorginho-Kante. Jorginho wasn't great tonight either but definitely think that we need to get back to how we played the frist 6 months of Franks spell in terms of with the ball and those 2 playing together is a step in the right direction. 

Is Frankenstein fit for this? I wish he is because he is shit.

Martial is suspended. Yeah, Kova should play.

And really important game. Team that win this will have confidence to go for title in this situation.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Easy to say we can press them but how often our pressing has been effective? If we don't get it right, we'll risk getting countered and thrashed like what happened in the opening game last season.

And this isn't even about Sevilla. It's how we are operating as a unit. Right now, it feels like we'll be good in attack or bad in defence OR bad in attack or good in defence. We can't seem to find the right balance.

I'd rather we play it smart and not play right into United's hands by doing anything stupid because that's how they easily beat us 3 times last season. 

We got Thiago Silva now which is a big plus. Even with Lampards shit tactics I feel like we can win with our strongest XI. We can press them if we use the likes of Kova, Kante etc.

The consequences of pressing a team like Man UTD is not as big as pressing Sevilla for example. United are horrible when they're trying to play out from the back, because they don't have any ball-playing centrebacks. With Sevilla it's different, because they're much better with the ball than Man UTD is. 

Just imagine Werner vs Maguire loooooool. It's actually a joke. Can't believe fans are getting carried away because they won against PSG.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

We got Thiago Silva now which is a big plus. Even with Lampards shit tactics I feel like we can win with our strongest XI. We can press them if we use the likes of Kova, Kante etc.

The consequences of pressing a team like Man UTD is not as big as pressing Sevilla for example. United are horrible when they're trying to play out from the back, because they don't have any ball-playing centrebacks. With Sevilla it's different, because they're much better with the ball than Man UTD is. 

Just imagine Werner vs Maguire loooooool. It's actually a joke. Can't believe fans are getting carried away because they won against PSG.

Ha. If only football is that simple...

7 hours ago, Jason said:

The question is, do we open up and attack them or sit back and play on the counter?

I am leaning on pragmatism again. Mainly because I have zero faith in the defense holding it together in an attacking approach. It will make for another painful viewing but if it avoids a confidence-sapping loss, I'll take it at this point !

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I am leaning on pragmatism again. Mainly because I have zero faith in the defense holding it together in an attacking approach. It will make for another painful viewing but if it avoids a confidence-sapping loss, I'll take it at this point !

Wouldn't necessarily be unhappy if we get a point here but in the bigger picture, we have only 3 wins from 8 games this season. It feels like we could enter a dangerous territory the longer that record is stuck at 3 wins. So, a win on Saturday may be needed...

Our last league win against them was November 2017....

And after that 3 losses and 2 draws...and apart from the 1-1 draw theyve scored 2 or more goals against us..in all comps since been played 9 won 2...

Yay... be happy with a draw haha. Know they've had a 'dodgy' start but with a win can go above so not all bad. Last 2 results a confidence boost. Just see what we can do..defend or attack. Both be lovely! We can do this just seem to have off days when need to not

I noticed a lot of negativity in this thread, believe in this team, yes our last couple of games we were not impressive but you have to take into account most of our key players were not available, now that our entire team is present we can judge there ability against the big teams. I’m optimistic about this fixture, let’s just hope FL sticks Pulisic on the LW and drop Mount, nothing personal against mount his work rate is excellent but he needs a little rest, and bring in Kova instead of Jorginho, and start Ziyech. We need a convincing win to lift the players confidence and send a message to the other teams.

---------------------------Mendy -------------

----Azpilicueta(c)-----Silva ---- Zouma ---- Chillwell

-------- Kovacic ----- Havertz ------ Jorginho

---------Ziyech ------  Werner --------Pulisic

Looking legit.

2 minutes ago, milka said:

---------------------------Mendy -------------

----Azpilicueta(c)-----Silva ---- Zouma ---- Chillwell

-------- Kovacic ----- Havertz ------ Jorginho

---------Ziyech ------  Werner --------Pulisic

Looking legit.

I dont see Lamps going 433, looks good though but cant see him doing that.