• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

1 hour ago, Azul said:

Happy days, he also said that Ziyech is not matchfit yet, which means either Mount or CHO is going to start.

Even if Ziyech was fully fit I wouldnt have him start his first match against MU. Especially how disjointed he has looked in his few subs so far. He needs to be eased in.

I honestly would rather see a 4-3-3 here. Kova,Kante, Jorginho in midfield. Puli,Werner, and one of CHO/Mount in the front 3. Big tie subs of Ziyech and Havertz if we feel they are there for the taking in the second half.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Even if Ziyech was fully fit I wouldnt have him start his first match against MU. Especially how disjointed he has looked in his few subs so far. He needs to be eased in.

I honestly would rather see a 4-3-3 here. Kova,Kante, Jorginho in midfield. Puli,Werner, and one of CHO/Mount in the front 3. Big tie subs of Ziyech and Havertz if we feel they are there for the taking in the second half.

Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield would only be beneficial if we were up against sides that have a stronger midfield than us. United are undoubtedly going to sacrifice their midfield for 5 at the back. 

All we need from the two central midfielders is a disciplined performance. Preferably Kante and Kovacic. We already know what United's game plan is. 

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield would only be beneficial if we were up against sides that have a stronger midfield than us. United are undoubtedly going to sacrifice their midfield for 5 at the back. 

All we need from the two central midfielders is a disciplined performance. Preferably Kante and Kovacic. We already know what United's game plan is. 

I agree that their midfield will for sure not look as strong on paper as ours, but honestly I dont trust our midfield to not get outplayed though, which is why the change in formation is recommended

Worst case scenario is that we play our usual formation, Havertz is the 10 and cant get involved in play so he starts looking(going deep) and we are left with another Sevilla type of performance except you know Bruno Fernandes FC is good for a pen. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I agree that their midfield will for sure not look as strong on paper as ours, but honestly I dont trust our midfield to not get outplayed though, which is why the change in formation is recommended

Worst case scenario is that we play our usual formation, Havertz is the 10 and cant get involved in play so he starts looking(going deep) and we are left with another Sevilla type of performance except you know Bruno Fernandes FC is good for a pen. 

But the scenario you are providing will just result in tedious possession football, with no creativity in midfield, against a United side that will have a low block. A United side that also has no Martial, Maguire, and Greenwood. 

Do you honestly expect United and their low block to press us as intensely as Sevilla?

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Happy days, he also said that Ziyech is not matchfit yet, which means either Mount or CHO is going to start.

Ziyech does not seem ready to start so I would go with Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and CHO or Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Giroud. But we all know what is going to happen...

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ziyech does not seem ready to start so I would go with Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and CHO or Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Giroud. But we all know what is going to happen...

The only threat United will have is Rashford. You think CHO will do a better job than Mount in helping James/Dave with Rashford?

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount isn't even fit in my opinion lol. The poor guy is literally so tired from all the games he's played this season. Lampard will still force him to start, even though he's useless on the wing + tired.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The only threat United will have is Rashford. You think CHO will do a better job than Mount in helping James/Dave with Rashford?

Mount is good in pressing and not good in defense. That is a myth. Do you remember what Lamptey did to him in first game? He was also responsible for Brighton goal.

Against Sevilla Mount also lost the ball in dangerous area and had to make a yellow card. Hazard did not bother with defending but now all our attackers are pretty good in this. 

Also Chelsea coach when deciding which winger to play should NEVER think about defense for this position. That is losers mentality. 

And btw on Rash side is Pulisic anyway based on last couple of games.

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount is good in pressing and not good in defense. That is a myth. Do you remember what Lamptey did to him in first game? He was also responsible for Brighton goal.

Against Sevilla Mount also lost the ball in dangerous area and had to make a yellow card. Hazard did not bother with defending but now all our attackers are pretty good in this. 

Also Chelsea coach when deciding which winger to play should NEVER think about defense for this position. That is losers mentality. 

That's a good point. 

I too would like us to attack them, but Old Trafford has been our bogey ground for years. I'm hoping the lack of fans and the introduction of Mendy+Silva affects our players. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If they play the same team they did v PSG. Rashford, Martial, Fernandes and Telles, who's delivery looked very good are going to be a nuisance. All of them played well for United. Even with Thiago Silva playing and if we commit our fullbacks, we seen what Southampton tried to do with their forwards getting into channels behind where the fullbacks are. Fernandes will undoubtedly find some sort of spaces, especially if we are going to be looking to be on the front foot and commit players forward because 1) he is a good player and 2) we tend to leave spaces regardless of opposition 9 times out of 10. Telles again, if he plays as a wingback, I hope we force him back the way more often than not but his delivery looked good in the PSG game and if he gets time and space, he will be able to get crosses in. If Cavani plays as mentioned previously in any sort of capacity, I think he is just going to score, he just seems to do so against us in recent times for PSG and Napoli. 

We need to be solid but shouldn't sacrifice Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic if I am honest. Even if one of Havertz or Ziyech plays in a MF position in 433 and the other outside on the right. Werner upfront then maybe bring Giroud or Abraham in later on depending how the game goes. Its not been mentioned but if we go to a back 3 this game it would also be a big mistake, I wouldn't be surprised either we seen it plenty last season and while it did work v Man United in the FA cup semi final, we seen the other games after wins at Spurs etc where we continued and it was quite frankly, honking, to say the least. 

Focusing purely on Rashford is going to be a mistake, even playing the 3412, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Fred/McTominay are out the team for Pogba either and while he's temperamental as shit, he can still do something off the cuff and while he doesn't do it often enough I'd prefer they kept Fred and McTominay in but still think Matic or Pogba will likely come in. 

As much as I think Mount gets unfair criticism at times, while he did frustrate me last season, he shouldn't be playing in the wide positions now. If we go 433 I don't think he will start either v United but who knows? If he does play, it will be at the expense of better players and I think we need to see Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz and Werner all playing together regularly to develop some chemistry, be it 4231 or 433. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I am hoping Lampard surprises everyone and gives CHO a start here over Mount. I would love it if Pulisic plays in his preferred left wing position and CHO is on the right - proper width - with Havertz and Werner down the middle. 

None of the defensive overthinking we saw against Liverpool please

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I am hoping Lampard surprises everyone and gives CHO a start here over Mount. I would love it if Pulisic plays in his preferred left wing position and CHO is on the right - proper width - with Havertz and Werner down the middle. 

None of the defensive overthinking we saw against Liverpool please

It's important to have idea how to stop your opp especially in big games. United probably will play their park the bus, counter attacking game, if you don't be careful you can have Thiago silva having sprint race vs rasford all game. That is fine if you think you can dominate game and create at chances on the other end otherwise you will look silly. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

It's important to have idea how to stop your opp especially in big games. United probably will play their park the bus, counter attacking game, if you don't be careful you can have Thiago silva having sprint race vs rasford all game. That is fine if you think you can dominate game and create at chances on the other end otherwise you will look silly. 

A winger's main work should be in the attacking end and not in stopping the opposition.