Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Man United 0-0 Chelsea


Jas
 Share
Followers 5

Man of the Match  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      18
    • James
      3
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Zouma
      0
    • Silva
      3
    • Chilwell
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Havertz
      0
    • Pulisic
      0
    • Werner
      0
    • Abraham (sub)
      0
    • Mount (sub)
      0
    • Ziyech (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The only threat United will have is Rashford. You think CHO will do a better job than Mount in helping James/Dave with Rashford?

Mount is good in pressing and not good in defense. That is a myth. Do you remember what Lamptey did to him in first game? He was also responsible for Brighton goal.

Against Sevilla Mount also lost the ball in dangerous area and had to make a yellow card. Hazard did not bother with defending but now all our attackers are pretty good in this. 

Also Chelsea coach when deciding which winger to play should NEVER think about defense for this position. That is losers mentality. 

And btw on Rash side is Pulisic anyway based on last couple of games.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thanks for the depressing conversation guys and gals. I'm happy with the result - we have stopped leaking stupid goals and the team looks more organised. Lots of new players all needing

I genuinely think Frank should be given the season at the very least. He's owed that after bringing many fantastic players to the club.  You'd hope that playing with 5 defenders and a better goal

I know Spurs had luck in their favour with United going down to 10 men but even before Martial was sent off, Spurs were 2-1 up and were quite dominant. They controlled the midfield and was able to dea

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount is good in pressing and not good in defense. That is a myth. Do you remember what Lamptey did to him in first game? He was also responsible for Brighton goal.

Against Sevilla Mount also lost the ball in dangerous area and had to make a yellow card. Hazard did not bother with defending but now all our attackers are pretty good in this. 

Also Chelsea coach when deciding which winger to play should NEVER think about defense for this position. That is losers mentality. 

And btw on Rash side is Pulisic anyway based on last couple of games.

That's a good point. 

I too would like us to attack them, but Old Trafford has been our bogey ground for years. I'm hoping the lack of fans and the introduction of Mendy+Silva affects our players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The only threat United will have is Rashford. You think CHO will do a better job than Mount in helping James/Dave with Rashford?

If they play the same team they did v PSG. Rashford, Martial, Fernandes and Telles, who's delivery looked very good are going to be a nuisance. All of them played well for United. Even with Thiago Silva playing and if we commit our fullbacks, we seen what Southampton tried to do with their forwards getting into channels behind where the fullbacks are. Fernandes will undoubtedly find some sort of spaces, especially if we are going to be looking to be on the front foot and commit players forward because 1) he is a good player and 2) we tend to leave spaces regardless of opposition 9 times out of 10. Telles again, if he plays as a wingback, I hope we force him back the way more often than not but his delivery looked good in the PSG game and if he gets time and space, he will be able to get crosses in. If Cavani plays as mentioned previously in any sort of capacity, I think he is just going to score, he just seems to do so against us in recent times for PSG and Napoli. 

We need to be solid but shouldn't sacrifice Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic if I am honest. Even if one of Havertz or Ziyech plays in a MF position in 433 and the other outside on the right. Werner upfront then maybe bring Giroud or Abraham in later on depending how the game goes. Its not been mentioned but if we go to a back 3 this game it would also be a big mistake, I wouldn't be surprised either we seen it plenty last season and while it did work v Man United in the FA cup semi final, we seen the other games after wins at Spurs etc where we continued and it was quite frankly, honking, to say the least. 

Focusing purely on Rashford is going to be a mistake, even playing the 3412, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Fred/McTominay are out the team for Pogba either and while he's temperamental as shit, he can still do something off the cuff and while he doesn't do it often enough I'd prefer they kept Fred and McTominay in but still think Matic or Pogba will likely come in. 

As much as I think Mount gets unfair criticism at times, while he did frustrate me last season, he shouldn't be playing in the wide positions now. If we go 433 I don't think he will start either v United but who knows? If he does play, it will be at the expense of better players and I think we need to see Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz and Werner all playing together regularly to develop some chemistry, be it 4231 or 433. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount is good in pressing and not good in defense. That is a myth. Do you remember what Lamptey did to him in first game? He was also responsible for Brighton goal.

Against Sevilla Mount also lost the ball in dangerous area and had to make a yellow card. Hazard did not bother with defending but now all our attackers are pretty good in this. 

Also Chelsea coach when deciding which winger to play should NEVER think about defense for this position. That is losers mentality. 

And btw on Rash side is Pulisic anyway based on last couple of games.

I am hoping Lampard surprises everyone and gives CHO a start here over Mount. I would love it if Pulisic plays in his preferred left wing position and CHO is on the right - proper width - with Havertz and Werner down the middle. 

None of the defensive overthinking we saw against Liverpool please

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strike said:

I am hoping Lampard surprises everyone and gives CHO a start here over Mount. I would love it if Pulisic plays in his preferred left wing position and CHO is on the right - proper width - with Havertz and Werner down the middle. 

None of the defensive overthinking we saw against Liverpool please

It's important to have idea how to stop your opp especially in big games. United probably will play their park the bus, counter attacking game, if you don't be careful you can have Thiago silva having sprint race vs rasford all game. That is fine if you think you can dominate game and create at chances on the other end otherwise you will look silly. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, communicate said:

It's important to have idea how to stop your opp especially in big games. United probably will play their park the bus, counter attacking game, if you don't be careful you can have Thiago silva having sprint race vs rasford all game. That is fine if you think you can dominate game and create at chances on the other end otherwise you will look silly. 

A winger's main work should be in the attacking end and not in stopping the opposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...