• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

21 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I see, after reading the other posts you are just here finding excuses to justify "STF" decisions, to the point you have to say Zyech is getting plenty of opportunities, when in reality he is getting 10 or 15 minutes per game. 

Yes a returning from injury player getting cameo appearances is typically how it works. Look at how Chilwell was integrated.

The problem for Ziyech is he currently looks off the pace and doesn't warrant a starting position. This was in contrast to Chilwell.

STF was probably an autocorrect of SFL - I have been here for almost 10 years and I remember your criticism of all managers well 👍 I actually don't mind the debating with you on opposing subjects. 

Our club has had a bad philosophy of hiring and firing managers, this has left us with a ridiculous bloated squad where it is hard to shift players on. 

We need at least 3-4 seasons of stability to clear out the dead wood. Was SFL my first choice? No. BUT whilst he is here I will back him as much is possible.

He achieved CL football in his first season - he has hit the requirements demanded of him. We definitely rode our luck, but he did it nonetheless.

This has now earned him a shot at this season and extra players. If at the end of the season we haven't improved then Frank will have little defence of that and neither will I.

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

its a huge issue

Kante and Zouma just kneecap us with the shit passing and the turnovers

I feel like a broken record

:(

In the last minute Kante had the ball in a good shooting position.
Just try it and let De Gea save it for heavens sake.
He kept dribbling himself and the match ended with a United attack.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

That's exactly my point, Mendy was our lifeline, Silva was solid as rock and that is all we can talk about along with a clean sheet.

This was another lifeless performance and only a fucking sea lion would of clapped at this. 

Millions we have spent this window and we are happy to take a point at OT against a United side who are every bit as lifeless as us?

Bullshit, our mentality tells us we are happy with 0-0, have we really become that?

Massive over reaction. I would expect in a few days you will be embarrassed at this... 

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

In the last minute Kante had the ball in a good shooting position.
Just try it and let De Gea save it for heavens sake.
He kept dribbling himself and the match ended with a United attack.

Yeah if you don't buy a lottery ticket you can't win it. It could have drflected in, DeGea could have had a Kepa moment- anything could have happened.

Kante has so much confidence until he reaches the periphery of their box and then just goes to shit. It's definitely a mental thing with him. 

Just now, Muzchap said:

Yeah if you don't buy a lottery ticket you can't win it. It could have drflected in, DeGea could have had a Kepa moment- anything could have happened.

Kante has so much confidence until he reaches the periphery of their box and then just goes to shit. It's definitely a mental thing with him. 

No lottery ticket. Some of the good Chelsea names have demolished goal posts from that angle.

53 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I genuinely think Frank should be given the season at the very least. He's owed that after bringing many fantastic players to the club. 

I'm convinced he will keep his job no matter what happens this season.The days of firing managers after a bad run are dead in the water. Conte was fired because he thought he could enter in a fight with Marina, and that was a losing battle, but he survived during the worst period of 17/18 season. Sarri also had some results that would be enough to fire a manager in the past. Lampard's job is safe, specially because he understand the club's internal politics, he knows he is only the coach and he is not the one making the decisions, and it comes to your second sentence: Lampard didn't bring any new player to the club, he is not the one getting new players. Since ages we know the club gets the players despite what the manager is thinking and they have to work with the squad at his disposal. Lampard himself made it clear more than one time in interviews and press conferences: he is not the one making the decisions, "its up to the club".

Thats what makes me concerned: he will keep his job no matter what. At first sight it might be an indication of a club that is thinking about a long term project and is convinced the manager will bring the results at some point in the future, but I'm not convinced the club hired Lampard because they believe he can become a great coach, it seems they were thinking in something else: a living legend like Lampard as the manager makes the fans more patience and less demanding; another thing is, as you said, Lampard is a "rookie", so he knows his place inside the club, he knows Marina is the big boss, he is not in a position to make big demands and enter in a power struggle with Marina. Actually I'm sure Lampard is Marina's biggest fan, because she hired him when he was just a Championship coach with just okay results, she backed him during difficult times and bought the players he said he needed. 

I'm afraid we might be entering in a Arsenal/Wenger or New York Knicks kind of situation: results don't matter that much, as long as the financial results are looking good.  

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

he is shit at passing all over the field, not just near the box

not picking on you at all

its the same thing every week now

I love the 3 out of 4 clean sheets

but now our offence has basically went into the shitter

something has to give

I think if Arse and Leicester draw, that we have a shot at being 11th after all teams are level on 6 games

bottom half of the table is NOT acceptable

main thing tempering me atm from going completely off on the tactics, Lamps, etc is that stolen pen

I am just drained tbh

26 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Lampard didn't bring any new player to the club, he is not the one getting new players.

I agree with much what you said, it's certainly a possibility that after making such huge investments, the club are now forced to be a lot more patient; and what more to get the fans onside by having a club legend as big as Lampard as the head coach? It's definitely a big possiblity that the club is gearing towards a softer approach when it comes to bad results and bad spells. 

However I do think Frank had a good role to play in bringing the players here. Both him and Cech had personal conversations with a lot of our recent arrivals, whom all seem to make a point that Lampard speaking to them helped them in making the decision to join. 

Combined with the current climate at the club it's inevitable that he should be given a season to finish what he's trying to achieve. To be very crude, if results don't go his way at all, and we reach the end of the season, the club will be in a good position to consider his contract since he'd only have a year left. 

Essentially, Lampard's future is pretty much in his own hands. He's in the best position any Chelsea manager has been in a long time. Because he's so safe, is exactly why I feel he almost deserves the pressure on him right now. He's said himself he didn't want Chelsea to be seen as an academy club, he wants us to win trophies. He's put that pressure on himself. It's only fair that we hold him to the standard he's set himself. 

UGH

watching Giggs and Michael Owen

they both said it was criminal that no pen was gave to us (yes, GIGGS said that)

AND

they checked with the EPL and PGMOL

Stuart Atwell

the VAR ref

that fucker looked at it on replay

ONCE

for 3 seconds

and told Atkinson no pen

needy lesnicki gifs | WiffleGif

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

UGH

watching Giggs and Michael Owen

they both said it was criminal that no pen was gave to us (yes, GIGGS said that)

AND

they checked with the EPL and PGMOL

Stuart Atwell

the VAR ref

that fucker looked at it on replay

ONCE

for 3 seconds

and told Atkinson no pen

needy lesnicki gifs | WiffleGif

Felix Brych was sent home from World Cup in Russia after this... It costed us elimination and today was even worse foul.