• Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

5 minutes ago, Beigl said:

More like our defensive setup, not just the players. We never made this many stupid mistakes under Sarri.

Well the difference was (and this probably isn't popular) that we had Luiz who actually was very good at attacking the ball in the air. However, everyone likes calling him a clown so it cannot be anything to do with that at all. 

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well the difference was (and this probably isn't popular) that we had Luiz who actually was very good at attacking the ball in the air. However, everyone likes calling him a clown so it cannot be anything to do with that at all. 

Tomori is very small for a CB, so is never going to be great in the air

3 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I don´t believe young players like Havertz, Werner, CHO and James will develop properly under Lampard..

This is actually a great point and something that I have been thinking about too, and something that scares me. These players are super talented and I don't want them to be wasted, absolutely not. Lampard may be a great persuasive power but to actually coach them and develop them... He's got one year, this season. 

15 minutes ago, Milan said:

Just to put it straight - Mourinho did not throw this game. It would look completely different if he did. He wanted this, and he got this.

Granted, Spurs aren't helped by the fixture congestion but they played their second team, we played somewhere close to our best XI and yet, we were awful for most of the game. We got the goal and that was it. Rarely threatened until some moments towards the end. Otherwise, we didn't even put them away. We made Spurs' second XI look decent. 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

This is actually a great point and something that I have been thinking about too, and something that scares me. These players are super talented and I don't want them to be wasted, absolutely not. Lampard may be a great persuasive power but to actually coach them and develop them... He's got one year, this season. 

I love Lampard! But tbh I'd be happy to see him leave. He's not experienced enough for this job just like Ole at Man UTD, tired of watching a team of calibre that we have miss place so many passes, and turn into scarecrows when it times to defend. 

2 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

oh Nagelsmann,,i already thinking for him next season....

Nagelsmann is still a nearly-man all the same. I think we need a proven winner to bring us to the next level.

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

It is every single game, though, that a certain player (whoever that is) makes a mistake, a costly mistake. Why does this keep happening? Lampard just has another excuse for an individual error but we are seeing this week in week out. No doubt there will be another one in a few days time.

Alonso ia freaking slow, lets pair him with our slowest cb Silva. 

Emerson bad positioning is common knowledge, he came on, we conceded goal because of emerson bad positioning. 🤔🤔

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

Collectively poor in the second half except for Kante who was fresh. Tough luck for Mount. Penalty is a lottery.

Anyway, not bothered about Carabao Cup this year when the season is so packed. At least helps free up fixture congestion in December.

Would say not being concerned about a cup would be a luxury we could afford if we were going to win the title or something or if we had already won one or two this season but its a trophy and realistically this group needs to win something together to get the taste for them. Packed fixtures or not. Because we most likely arent going to win the CL and aren’t going to win the league unfortunately. Not that we dont have an outside chance but we lack the mentality and quite frankly dont have the ability to win these gritty games that championship winning teams do when they play shit. FA cup or Carabao cup would be ones that would build this group a bit and push them on.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Couldn't care less about the League Cup but I am definitely concerned about our play. I know it's early, I know there was no preseason, I know players are getting used to each other, and I know we're still missing a few, but the style of play reminds me a lot of the stale Chelsea sides of recent years. We look like a side of individuals rather than a cohesive unit. And we still play so laboriously. 

We look like Emery's Arsenal