• Kovacic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

i honestly think the first half was our best of the season so far bar barnsley ofc. we really pressed them into submission.

Mendy looked alright but nothing special. should do but surely not one to build a dynasty with.

Too many individual mistakes since last season is concerning. But if the team was better organised these mistakes wouldn’t happen so commonly IMO. Could have the best GK, CBs, FBs, whatever but in terms of being hard to beat if, you’ve not got that, your going to see guys make mistakes regardless or if their Sunday league teams or CL teams because they will be thinking if I don’t do something then its a chance or a goal.

2 minutes ago, iceboy said:

4 matches we were shit. I fear for Lampard. 

It could happen. It's unfair we still have the dross from last year- but it could happen who knows with Chelsea. 

I can't think of a decent manager out of work at the min though - so it's unlikely 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Just to put it straight - Mourinho did not throw this game. It would look completely different if he did. He wanted this, and he got this.

Yeah no way did he want his record vs Frank creeping into the territorty of his vs Wenger.

I have to say CHO and Mount weren't great tonight and Emerson and Zouma did not really cover themselves in glory with the Spud goal, however, people are forgetting about the pivot. Jorgi and Kova offered zero protection once Spuds upped the ante and the ball just kept coming straight through the middle of us far too easily. This is why we seriously need a Rice/Partey type player. We are always overrun in midfield unless Kante is on song and even then he is super short so no use at set pieces. 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

i honestly think the first half was our best of the season so far bar barnsley ofc. we really pressed them into submission.

Mendy looked alright but nothing special. should do but surely not one to build a dynasty with.

If I had a euro for the amount of times we passed it backwards instead of playing it forward with urgency, I'd be a billionaire. 

Honestly fuming, not going to lie. That was awful, and this is down to management. 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Just to put it straight - Mourinho did not throw this game. It would look completely different if he did. He wanted this, and he got this.

This. Mou went full Lyon mode. Put a lot of very hard working athletic players and no true strikers on the pitch to overload the wings. they got a scrappy goal which is all they hoped for. I dont envy them for their schedule.

We just should have taken our chances and this is an easy 3-0. deservedly got punished. you really must put those away. we failed at this last season and still dont look much better.

really frustrating start to the season so far but i think our cohesion is slowly improving. The understanding of the front 3 was already pretty decent I thought.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

We can play with the youths and still ended up in the losing side.

The system isn't working. What FL is doing for months isn't working. You can bring in Ziyech and Pulisic...we will still play flat because of the system.

agree

I am not angry at the players

they are getting shit coaching and tactics

not even mad at Emerson, as we all know he is shit, its on Lamps for bringing him on

I don't give a flying fuck what anyone In the forum says.. this loss could have been avoided if Mount didn't waste a 2v1 opportunity. It's not good enough. It just isn't. The whole forum can try and tell me different but I'm not having it.
I mean the loss gets avoided if Emerson does his job and tracks a man he's literally looking at the whole time and he's fresh so no excuses for him.

Plenty of dodgy passes by everyone all game, hardly anyone had a good game