Kai Havertz

Blues11

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

This is so true. 

We literally have no other options at striker and Havertz will continue to get selected.  Shame about Broja's nasty injury, would have had a real chance to get minutes this season. 

Fofana. He remained at the club for a reason rather than going out on loan.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Fofana. He remained at the club for a reason rather than going out on loan.

He's still too raw to get significant minutes, wouldn't expect anything more than cameo appearances for Fofana.  

Feel like it's going to be Havertz/Felix/Sterling if Potter does choose to rotate...

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He's still too raw to get significant minutes, wouldn't expect anything more than cameo appearances for Fofana.  

Feel like it's going to be Havertz/Felix/Sterling if Potter does choose to rotate...

He isn't going to develop much if Potter has a similar train of thought.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He isn't going to develop much if Potter has a similar train of thought.

Fofana looked completely out of his depth -- holding to the ball way too much and missing the clear pass.
Overplaying him at this time could be not only risky for us, but to him as well.

We all like a world beater youngster, but you could count in one hand the ones who actually deliver the goods this young.

12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Fofana looked completely out of his depth -- holding to the ball way too much and missing the clear pass.
Overplaying him at this time could be not only risky for us, but to him as well.

We all like a world beater youngster, but you could count in one hand the ones who actually deliver the goods this young.

Who had our best chance tonight?

I'm not saying overuse him; just give him a chance to impress and earn a spot. If we keep fielding Havertz, we'll do more damage to the club than anything else.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not saying overuse him; just give him a chance to impress and earn a spot. If we keep fielding Havertz, we'll do more damage to the club than anything else.

Best chance was definitely Kai hitting the post, but that's besides the point.

It's not my fault the only option as a striker is a disinterested Kai. Just pointing out that a 20yo striker has to be a genius to play at this level, and despite showing quality, Fofana looks far from one. Expecting him to do what the more senior players have not been able to do is what I call "magical thinking."

I will point out the obvious: we are playing like shit. Strikers will struggle no matter who plays.

10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Even when you say that, you know Havertz will be selected for pretty much every game as there is no alternative.  Potter is already under pressure this season, he's not going to further rock the boat by leaving Havertz on the bench.  

The same can be said for Mason Mount...both will play the majority of games if they are fit.  

We started playing better after Mount was subbed and Kai went on his position! Just Fofana instead ahooting with his weaker foot should have passed to Kai on empty door. 

25 minutes ago, gdlk said:

We started playing better after Mount was subbed and Kai went on his position! Just Fofana instead ahooting with his weaker foot should have passed to Kai on empty door. 

I agree. He is here 2 and a half seasons and we barely used him in his best position. Kai in Bayer 84 games as number 10 and just 9 as a striker. It's so weird. So good news by Ornstein but I wonder when is this going to happen? I remember early days with Lamps games against Sevilla, Krasnodar, Burnsley, Wba, Palace, Southampton when he played AM in 4231 and was good. Goal or assist in every game. Got Covid and Lamps changed formation after and never used him again like that. Now 2 years he is a striker. We won CL like that, I thought it was short term but no. 

Didnt we have ppl which work is to scout pkayers, analisys his style of playing, players strenght and weakneses and why the fk they keep using Kai as ST when he is not, only ruining his talent.. 

It's because of those disastrous Lukaku and Auba transfers. Can't say the club hasn't signed strikers to move Kai out of the 9 position, it's just that they signed the wrong ones. Had they not been even worse, Kai wouldn't get a look in at ST.

13 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Best chance was definitely Kai hitting the post, but that's besides the point.

It's not my fault the only option as a striker is a disinterested Kai. Just pointing out that a 20yo striker has to be a genius to play at this level, and despite showing quality, Fofana looks far from one. Expecting him to do what the more senior players have not been able to do is what I call "magical thinking."

I will point out the obvious: we are playing like shit. Strikers will struggle no matter who plays.

I wholeheartedly disagree. We might be playing amazing free-flowing football, but we're creating chances that a competent CF would be tucking away. Just rewatch the last five or so games and tell me how many real chances has Havertz fluffed.  

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Even when you say that, you know Havertz will be selected for pretty much every game as there is no alternative.  Potter is already under pressure this season, he's not going to further rock the boat by leaving Havertz on the bench.  

The same can be said for Mason Mount...both will play the majority of games if they are fit.  

Wrongly so. We aren't going to magically turn a corner if Potter doesn't switch things up.

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. We might be playing amazing free-flowing football, but we're creating chances that a competent CF would be tucking away. Just rewatch the last five or so games and tell me how many real chances has Havertz fluffed.  

Wrongly so. We aren't going to magically turn a corner if Potter doesn't switch things up.

Yeah there is no magic needed to play better, but more work, a better manager, and better attitude -- Kai used to play a lot better himself!

Strikers miss a lot of chances (1 in 3 is not uncommon), now if you are going to pick from the handful in-form strikers of the month, then yes they would likely score from these half chances we've been producing against weak opposition. I don't think Kai missed any sitter tbf and the assist from mount (which was the best chance today) was slightly deflected by the defender.

however, my original point wasn't Kai vs a [better striker], but Kai vs a 20yo who has shown little more than impetus and physicality in the few minutes he played.

Edited by robsblubot

I think people need to relax. He has spent all of his youth as a midfielder so he doesnt have the instincts of a striker (hanging on the last man to beat the offside, making space for the team) the only really good thing he does is press. He is top for offsides with 24, toney has 19 in second.

I feel like he is feeling the pressure because of the new signings but has lost a lot of hunger and motivation. I like Kai so I don't want him to go, he will be like Muller at Bayern but he is technically better. He is still only 24 in summer and I think his recent performances have been related to mount as well. I think with Nkunku/Felix he can link up much better.