Kai Havertz

Blues11

On 07/11/2022 at 04:34, Thor said:

He was... that is the reality. 

Crazy how they all somehow become shit here. 

The middle of the ground isn't doing anything to link up or help these guys build. That is a plain fact, and the reason the ball ping pongs around from defence to attack with nothing in between. 

It doesn't help that James is injured who helps in this regard when he drifts middle, and it most certainly doesn't help that Kante isn't playing who was our wall in the middle. 

No platform for any attacker to succeed. 

Too many different ideas and players with different profiles purchased by different managers all out on the pitch. Stability won't happen over night nor will it be easy. 

He has had a pretty consistent run of games under TT and Potter in the last 2/2.5 seasons who play the same formations and basically have similar footballing ideologies/philosophies though and still hasn’t really done anything where you go “wow” or performed consistently over large periods. 

Even this season, looking at individual moments, I mean barring the screamer he scored against Salzburg I am struggling to think of any hugely notable contributions/performances. 

That Calvin Klein advert is… well… sums up his career at the moment. In fact it will probably make his season highlight reel/compilation come the end of the season because I doubt he will do a great deal footballing wise to fill it up.

Honestly would say unless he has a good world cup, we will probably end up selling him for 40-50m in the summer.

Speaking in a press conference, the Chelsea man said: "The position issue is really getting on my nerves now. Everyone knows that I can play on the right, on the left, as a No. 9 and as a No. 10. Of course the positions are different, but I can play anything up front.

57 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Speaking in a press conference, the Chelsea man said: "The position issue is really getting on my nerves now. Everyone knows that I can play on the right, on the left, as a No. 9 and as a No. 10. Of course the positions are different, but I can play anything up front.

No you can't pal. You can't play any of those positions. 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought he was decent yesterday but he had tons of space which is where he excels 

he is not explosive and agile enough for manoeuvring in tight spaces so will always struggle vs quality oppositions and parked buses

But vs shit sides like Bournemouth he usually does what is expected 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He did well yesterday, took his goal well albeit a tap in. Still really unsure of him, looks very one dimensional and he still way short of what I expected when we signed him.

Yep fully agree.

You can still see clear clear flaws in his game though. He still runs into people with the ball too much and his finishing is also pretty bad for a high % of the decent chances he gets.

Yesterday was the first game I’ve seen of him in recent times where he looked close to a reasonable level footballer. But yet again, in the first half, I think most of us on here could of played for us because Bournemouth were that passive and just sat off the boys.

Also, is it just me or does Kai have this awful awful habit of pressing people into positions where they have next to nothing on and then fucking fouling them? To relieve the pressure? Its like he’s braindead. 

At the moment its better than having Aubameyang at ST (who we simply should just terminate his contract in the summer). 

Think if Havertz continues to have his regular 1 good match after 5 stinkers, club will take action. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Fucking shambles again last night, what actually does he do well?

We must cash in on this fucker in the summer, what an absolute waste of fucking space.

I think he should be a squad player for us still, but him starting every single game guaranteed as our no 9 has to stop

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

I think he should be a squad player for us still, but him starting every single game guaranteed as our no 9 has to stop

He wouldn't accept being a squad player, he thinks he's an elite footballer. There's better players in the Championship

Just now, Special Juan said:

He wouldn't accept being a squad player, he thinks he's an elite footballer. There's better players in the Championship

Maybe I'm wrong but have we ever seen him display that he is not extremely professional? I've never seen anything bad from him from that point of view. He just isn't playing that well and keeps getting played despite it, which is more down to our squad and management (not just Potter) than anything?

Just now, Mhsc said:

Maybe I'm wrong but have we ever seen him display that he is not extremely professional? I've never seen anything bad from him from that point of view. He just isn't playing that well and keeps getting played despite it, which is more down to our squad and management (not just Potter) than anything?

You have sort of answered your question there in terms of him being unprofessional. He plays every week so isn't going to show signs of frustration, he's being selected consistently despite shite performances.

Not aggressive enough, limited both on and off the ball and doesn't have a set position with the team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2023 at 21:45, Special Juan said:

You have sort of answered your question there in terms of him being unprofessional. He plays every week so isn't going to show signs of frustration, he's being selected consistently despite shite performances.

Not aggressive enough, limited both on and off the ball and doesn't have a set position with the team.

This is so true. 

We literally have no other options at striker and Havertz will continue to get selected.  Shame about Broja's nasty injury, would have had a real chance to get minutes this season.