Kai Havertz

Blues11

Lets be honest theres no such thing as loyalty in football these days. Plus he’s going from a club who finished 12th to 2nd, where there isn’t as much uncertainty around it.

Again as mentioned, I am not surprised we have seen an exodus of players and staff this last 12 months, something is definitely happening at the club that whilst in the long run may work out for the good (or may not) has concerned me. No doubt players and staff in and around with more exposure to whats going on and involvement will likely have concerns. 

14 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Have you ever wondered why Reece James, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Chalobah, even Gallagher never wanted to leave the club during the same period? Or why Fofana or Enzo seem to love it at Chelsea? 

Just because they haven’t said they wanted to leave the club or shown that or necessarily went about anything like that, doesn’t mean everything is all good.

Thiago Silva done an interview to French media after our CL exit that raised a lot of questions about the going ons in the club.

Players like Jorginho, who turned down Man City to come here, Kovacic, who left Real Madrid to come here, Mason Mount, who came through the academy here, Ngolo Kante, Antonio Rudiger, have all left/are leaving for various reasons. Losing this calibre of players in a short period never looks good.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Again as mentioned, I am not surprised we have seen an exodus of players and staff this last 12 months, something is definitely happening at the club that whilst in the long run may work out for the good (or may not) has concerned me.

Players like Jorginho, who turned down Man City to come here, Kovacic, who left Real Madrid to come here, Mason Mount, who came through the academy here, Ngolo Kante, Antonio Rudiger, have all left/are leaving for various reasons. Losing this calibre of players in a short period never looks good.

Well, something has been happening for the last year. That's what a forced and accelerated change of ownership can do to a club. New board, new policies, it's normal for things to change.

As per the players leaving, most of them have been long overdue. Most of those named were here in 2017-2018, if I remember correctly. How many of the 2017-2018 players do Manchester City still have in their squad? Or Arsenal? Or Liverpool? That's the key in today's football. You have to keep moving, you need to adapt, especially since so many of the players have been injury prone or serial underperformers.

We've been papering the cracks for too long. We needed a massive rebuild.

The only ones that I 100% regret losing from sporting reasons are Mount, Rudiger and Christensen. All of the others who are leaving or who have already left had to be replaced even earlier than they will be. 

However, it's still essential to see what we do to replace them. That's the important part. If we move correctly, a new era will begin and it's gonna be wonderful. 

4 hours ago, Cosmin said:

The only ones that I 100% regret losing from sporting reasons are Mount, Rudiger and Christensen. All of the others who are leaving or who have already left had to be replaced even earlier than they will be. 

Agreed and the loss of quality in defense was shocking to me. All team helps defend, but our transition from the back vanished once we lost the CBs who could run and move the ball well.
If we go beyond the starting XI tho, then I see us losing quality in all areas. Even Timo did better than Mudryk and even Sterling (so far). While Kai has not become the key player we expected, he's still a quality player who can rise to the occasion as he has in the past. So, we lose the "options" when they leave, and Franky the players arriving are either worse than the ones leaving, or largely unknowns.

The idea that every single one of these wild bets will come good can be a bit naive in my view. 

Mark my words, this is KDB version 2!!

Long ago i said at Mount theme that hes becoming next Wilshere and most of ya said, noo he will be our next star, captain and etc.. Most of ya are aso blinded and wrong for Havertz too..

Only blinded fans cant see his potential and i guess Poch too.. 

11 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Long ago i said at Mount theme that hes becoming next Wilshere and most of ya said, noo he will be our next star, captain and etc.. Most of ya are aso blinded and wrong for Havertz too..

Hes has his chance ffs. 

How many more seasons do we have to watch this fucker go missing game after game. He misses absolute sitters time and time again. He has massive trouble taking players on in 1v1 situations. His heading ability is either top draw of just embarrassing. He can pass to the standard of which every footballer playing in the Prem should be able to achieve. 

Even if he does go to Arsenal and become a better player, helping them to challenge for the title, I for one along with millions of other fans couldn't give one single fuck given the absolute shower of shit he has been since joining us.

This is nothing like the KDB or Salah situation. They didn't get enough chances here... Havertz has had 3 seasons ffs.

Edited by DDA

17 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Potential, potential, potential… I wouldn't mind him staying, but he just reminds me of Morata too much. He may get good in another team, but I lost the belief he may actually start over in Chelsea and rebound, so not much regret here, it just won't work.

Edited by Vegetable

27 minutes ago, gdlk said:

KDB hardly ever got a change. 

If anything is more like Mata. 

Reading that Arteta is planning to use him as number 8 with Odegaard and Rice behind. Lampard did the same early in his second season when we won for example 0:4 in Sevilla and Russia. They are always playing on front foot but should be vulnerable in defence. 

23 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Reading that Arteta is planning to use him as number 8 with Odegaard and Rice behind. Lampard did the same early in his second season when we won for example 0:4 in Sevilla and Russia. They are always playing on front foot but should be vulnerable in defence. 

Absolutely love how Arteta is celebrated as some visionary genius by delusional Arsenal fans for seeing Havertz as no. 8. Not only Lampard but also various coaches at Leverkusen have played him there but then shifted him forward bc his output was nonexistent. Kai is not someone to control the play, spray the ball out wide with nice diagonals or play intricate through balls. His creativity is mainly layoffs and little flicks in and around the box. Which is why most ppl here see him as a classic no. 10, which is reasonable but not a role that is of much use in the current game. He also will not be "Arteta's KDB" like some claim bc he simply does not have the range in his passing or shooting.

His main strengths are his overall well rounded technique esp. ball control, movement in space, his height and decent pace. In Bundesliga this makes him a great asset as he has tons of space to run into or attack headers in, plus enough time on the ball to score a spectacular goal here and there. But his deficiencies like poor finishing, balance, upper body strength, ponderous turns and inability to get through in tight spaces don't go away by moving him to other positions. Faced with tough defenders and packed PL low blocks, he will always struggle as opposed to his slightly more impactful performances for us in CL.

I expect him to be somewhat more effective at Arsenal bc they have a more cohesive attacking set up but he will only fulfill his potential outside PL.

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Absolutely love how Arteta is celebrated as some visionary genius by delusional Arsenal fans for seeing Havertz as no. 8. Not only Lampard but also various coaches at Leverkusen have played him there but then shifted him forward bc his output was nonexistent. Kai is not someone to control the play, spray the ball out wide with nice diagonals or play intricate through balls. His creativity is mainly layoffs and little flicks in and around the box. Which is why most ppl here see him as a classic no. 10, which is reasonable but not a role that is of much use in the current game. He also will not be "Arteta's KDB" like some claim bc he simply does not have the range in his passing or shooting.

His main strengths are his overall well rounded technique esp. ball control, movement in space, his height and decent pace. In Bundesliga this makes him a great asset as he has tons of space to run into or attack headers in, plus enough time on the ball to score a spectacular goal here and there. But his deficiencies like poor finishing, balance, upper body strength, ponderous turns and inability to get through in tight spaces don't go away by moving him to other positions. Faced with tough defenders and packed PL low blocks, he will always struggle as opposed to his slightly more impactful performances for us in CL.

I expect him to be somewhat more effective at Arsenal bc they have a more cohesive attacking set up but he will only fulfill his potential outside PL.

Agreed. I like to compare him to Muller. Kai would be a more skillful, while Muller a better finisher, but they both play a very particular role which is somewhat not super easy to work with. Muller, in theory, would be more of a fit to play 9, but suspect that has already been tried to moderate success?

Still, Kai is young enough and could surprise us all yet. I also don't think that's likely, but stranger things have happened in football.

• 2 weeks later...