Kai Havertz

Blues11

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not impressed. At all. Just ponderous throughout most games. Hes played as a 8, 10, winger, CF and off the front now here and I still don’t see what his best position is or what he brings consistently. If we could recoup at least 55-60m for him, just sell him. He's a luxury player who doesn’t exactly excel at anything.

You clearly haven't been watching him very well, he's shown quality time and time again, it's staggering how people don't see his best position!!! It's quite clear it's on the bench!!!! Come on guys!!!!

I am close to being out of patience with him

looks to be, at the end of the day, rapidly moving into 'another Marina super expensive bust' category

what a disaster she will be seen as to have been, when the books are finally closed

I am appreciative for the CL winning goal, but overall, he has been a big disappointment

he REALLY needs to step up, and step up fast

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am close to being out of patience with him

looks to be, at the end of the day, rapidly moving into 'another Marina super expensive bust' category

what a disaster she will be seen as to have been, when the books are finally close

When the actual books are written one of us will have to update our opinion on this. Let's hope it turns out to be you eh? 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing him right now, the question still remain.

What is his best position?

Is he suit to english football?

He does has his own strength, but still he seems very very limited footballer ☹️

Actually i do like Potter's idea to make him as second striker, or whatever his role is, mainly his role is to support our main striker. But the problem is, havertz seem doesn't have required attribute to succeed.

Can't really dribble, hardly able to beat any opposition defender, can't hold the ball, slow on the ball, too often very easy to make him useless when having the ball, hardly create anything.

We think (and hope) with his limitation on the ball, atleast he still usefull as poacher, or just simply being clinical and finish some chances. But after more than 2 years, he probably one of biggest reason why we hardly produce (more) goals, too often just waste away the chances

I really looking forward the day we actually moving on from him. Whether we actually able to replace him with much suitable player is another question.

But to keep seeing him selected as our regular XI, who really contributed to make us frustating to watch, sometimes just unbearable

Edited by dimmas

2 hours ago, dimmas said:

Seeing him right now, the question still remain.

What is his best position?

Is he suit to english football?

He does has his own strength, but still he seems very very limited footballer ☹️

Actually i do like Potter's idea to make him as second striker, or whatever his role is, mainly his role is to support our main striker. But the problem is, havertz seem doesn't have required attribute to succeed.

Can't really dribble, hardly able to beat any opposition defender, can't hold the ball, slow on the ball, too often very easy to make him useless when having the ball, hardly create anything.

We think (and hope) with his limitation on the ball, atleast he still usefull as poacher, or just simply being clinical and finish some chances. But after more than 2 years, he probably one of biggest reason why we hardly produce (more) goals, too often just waste away the chances

I really looking forward the day we actually moving on from him. Whether we actually able to replace him with much suitable player is another question.

But to keep seeing him selected as our regular XI, who really contributed to make us frustating to watch, sometimes just unbearable

Do you go to games or watch him live? I ask as he was the only player today in the front three that moved off the ball to create space. This is also typical of most of his performances which is why he keeps playing whereas his stats show he shouldn't.

This is the thing with Kai, he isn't a show reel player, he is rather a team player where he makes space for others. The problem we have had for the past two seasons is that he and Mount are the only players we can trust off the ball on a consistent basis (Kante is the other but he is always injured.)

I am not saying Kai is great, in fact I think he is not going to develop as I hoped (I knew he needed to improve his finishing and his build up play; but this hasn't really developed) however, I find it quite boring how people say what does he do well. His strengths are quite clearly finding space and losing his marker to open up spaces.

The problem however, is that the rest of the team cannot work in tandem with him and he hasn't improved his game outside of this. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Do you go to games or watch him live? I ask as he was the only player today in the front three that moved off the ball to create space. This is also typical of most of his performances which is why he keeps playing whereas his stats show he shouldn't.

This is the thing with Kai, he isn't a show reel player, he is rather a team player where he makes space for others. The problem we have had for the past two seasons is that he and Mount are the only players we can trust off the ball on a consistent basis (Kante is the other but he is always injured.)

I am not saying Kai is great, in fact I think he is not going to develop as I hoped (I knew he needed to improve his finishing and his build up play; but this hasn't really developed) however, I find it quite boring how people say what does he do well. His strengths are quite clearly finding space and losing his marker to open up spaces.

The problem however, is that the rest of the team cannot work in tandem with him and he hasn't improved his game outside of this. 

I actually agree. 

People keep blaming the guys up front, but in reality, everywhere else they play, they end up fine. 

It is blatantly obvious our problems are in the middle of the pitch. Kante going down has ruined our team from a standpoint of being able to press and control teams. He was clearly a silent leader in the middle of the ground and covers so much of the ground. 

Kai does well in all the areas you said. He was our best attacker yesterday. Found space, got into dangerous areas, etc. Sure he has his limitations, but he has no damn support. Apparently Werner sucked too, and now he is scoring goals again... shock. Sterling sucks now as well, despite banging them in. 

Every attacker in the world would suck here. The middle of the park does not step up and help our forwards. They are lazy and weak. Broja got the ball up front and had to dribble through 3 Arsenal guys, looked up, no one there, and got tackled by the 4th. This is a reality for Kai most games as well. He butchered a few passes yesterday? Sure... but he was the one that created the damn chance. 

7 hours ago, Thor said:

I actually agree. 

People keep blaming the guys up front, but in reality, everywhere else they play, they end up fine. 

It is blatantly obvious our problems are in the middle of the pitch. Kante going down has ruined our team from a standpoint of being able to press and control teams. He was clearly a silent leader in the middle of the ground and covers so much of the ground. 

Kai does well in all the areas you said. He was our best attacker yesterday. Found space, got into dangerous areas, etc. Sure he has his limitations, but he has no damn support. Apparently Werner sucked too, and now he is scoring goals again... shock. Sterling sucks now as well, despite banging them in. 

Every attacker in the world would suck here. The middle of the park does not step up and help our forwards. They are lazy and weak. Broja got the ball up front and had to dribble through 3 Arsenal guys, looked up, no one there, and got tackled by the 4th. This is a reality for Kai most games as well. He butchered a few passes yesterday? Sure... but he was the one that created the damn chance. 

If Kai was our best attacker and we literally had zero shots on target against Arsenal at home....that is seriously concerning for not just the team but also Kai. 

We don't need another one of those attackers who likes to play between the lines, that worked for Leverkusen because the team was built around him but here at Chelsea, he needs to do something other than 'find space' against the opposition. 

No wonder why our attack sucks, we have the German generational talent finding space but lacking any other skill infront of goal, we have the washed up 33 year old striker up front (who at this point in his career offers nothing other than finishing in the box) and we have Sterling who seems to have forgotten how to do the simple things right after playing in Pep's system where he was gifted chances on a plate by De Bruyne/Gundogan and co. 

9 hours ago, DDA said:

It's time to face the truth..

Hes a flop... a massive, massive flop. 

He needs to be sold in the summer and only a hattrick in every game until the season ends will change my mind.

Wonder if it's too late to try and package Havertz into any potential Nkunku deal....win win for everyone involved

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If Kai was our best attacker and we literally had zero shots on target against Arsenal at home....that is seriously concerning for not just the team but also Kai. 

We don't need another one of those attackers who likes to play between the lines, that worked for Leverkusen because the team was built around him but here at Chelsea, he needs to do something other than 'find space' against the opposition. 

No wonder why our attack sucks, we have the German generational talent finding space but lacking any other skill infront of goal, we have the washed up 33 year old striker up front (who at this point in his career offers nothing other than finishing in the box) and we have Sterling who seems to have forgotten how to do the simple things right after playing in Pep's system where he was gifted chances on a plate by De Bruyne/Gundogan and co. 

He was... that is the reality. 

Crazy how they all somehow become shit here. 

The middle of the ground isn't doing anything to link up or help these guys build. That is a plain fact, and the reason the ball ping pongs around from defence to attack with nothing in between. 

It doesn't help that James is injured who helps in this regard when he drifts middle, and it most certainly doesn't help that Kante isn't playing who was our wall in the middle. 

• 2 weeks later...