Kai Havertz

Blues11

16 minutes ago, Kong said:

Am going to put my neck on the line here and say this lad will have another dreadful season. God I hope I am wrong, but don't think I will be.

My biggest gripe with him, is his lethargic play. It directly influences his ability in the final third and his inability to beat the player on the half turn. How many times do we see him slip on his arse when he tries to shoot because he doesn't have the balance? Or how many times he loses the ball because he doesn't have the agility to beat a player on the turn that Mount can. 

It's ridiculous people want him as a #10 as he cannot beat a press like Mount can. 

33 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

My biggest gripe with him, is his lethargic play. It directly influences his ability in the final third and his inability to beat the player on the half turn. How many times do we see him slip on his arse when he tries to shoot because he doesn't have the balance? Or how many times he loses the ball because he doesn't have the agility to beat a player on the turn that Mount can. 

It's ridiculous people want him as a #10 as he cannot beat a press like Mount can. 

Your spot on. I just cringe watching him, don't get me wrong sometimes he does something and am like HOLD up wait a minute! Then am back to cringing.

I have faith that a front three of sterling kai and mount can be very decent (looked very decent yesterday)… hopefully sterling attracts more attention from defenders to himself and that will help Kai flourish. He is incredibly talented and I believe and hope he can crack the 10g mark in the PL this upcoming season. If sterling and mase do likewise, we should be OK

23 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

I have faith that a front three of sterling kai and mount can be very decent (looked very decent yesterday)… hopefully sterling attracts more attention from defenders to himself and that will help Kai flourish. He is incredibly talented and I believe and hope he can crack the 10g mark in the PL this upcoming season. If sterling and mase do likewise, we should be OK

This is genuinely his final season if he doesn’t improve. 

No excuses. His performance this preseason was awful. 

Can't tell what his true position is...He's pretty much flashed talent in every department necessary but is way too inconsistent to lead the line. 

Players like Cho, Puli, Ziyech are true wingers that partly struggle due to Tuchel's system. The wingbacks get to have all the fun out wide but with Kai I'm not even sure where he's best suited to play...

We will struggle to score all season again because of the same players and the same spineless tactics... 

Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner were all players that we were absolutely creaming over when they were still in their previous clubs. Apparently our scouts were also fans as we ended up paying the big bucks for them. All of them were players we were hoping to sign at some point, they were supposed to elevate us to higher levels, but somewhy as soon as they arrived here they have struggled. Why is that?

Imo it boils down to the lack of any consistent footballing philosophy/identity. Players are bought without any idea how to actually use them or how to get the best out of them like their previous clubs did, and then forced into whatever system the current manager prefers. It is especially obvious with Havertz, from day one he's been bounced around in different positions and roles. It's apparent he's not a winger, not a striker, not a b2b midfielder... our system just doesn't suit him. Imo he is a type of luxury player who would thrive if played consistently as a CAM behind a striker.

Edited by manpe

Big season needed. If he doesn’t show anything of note this season I think he will be getting the Timo Werner treatment - benched, a lot.

Although basically 75% of our attackers since well depends how far back you want to go, could all have got the same treatment. 

Today, i have watched the away match against Everton FC via live ticker at the sports magazine "kicker". Kai Havertz was a part of the starting line-up and was replaced later by Armando Broja and my compatriot was a so called "false nine". Your oponions the performance of Havertz? 3, 4 or 5 (according English marks)?

21 minutes ago, GermanJohnny said:

Today, i have watched the away match against Everton FC via live ticker at the sports magazine "kicker". Kai Havertz was a part of the starting line-up and was replaced later by Armando Broja and my compatriot was a so called "false nine". Your oponions the performance of Havertz? 3, 4 or 5 (according English marks)?

After watching him play what would you say is the reason why hes your favorite player?

21 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

After watching him play what would you say is the reason why hes your favorite player?

He is my favourite player, because... I dont know. I dont know, why he is my favourite player. Kai Havertz is my favourite player at Germany national team. It was my wish, that him join Chelsea FC in 2020 and not Bayern Munich (i dont like the Bavarians). I am not a fan from Chelsea FC, but from German second division club Hamburg SV (former winner of European Cup of Champions of 1983).

My question: How was the performance of Havertz in the away match against Everton FC?