Kai Havertz

Blues11

His finishing is going to cost us points. As did Werners. If he is going to be used as a attacker be it through the middle or off the front man, he cannot afford to be that bad a finisher. He gets into good positions at times but a lack of being clinical is going to kill us this season, again.

Think it's time we really start thinking about dropping Kai and looking at the long term. He just isn't the answer. 

I'm struggling to see what he offers if anything at all.

He can't dribble past players,

His passing is bang average,

He can't shoot to save his life,

He doesn't position himself in goal scoring territory when vitally needed.

What the fuck does he actually do apart from the odd header and press well?

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

Think it's time we really start thinking about dropping Kai and looking at the long term. He just isn't the answer. 

@Jase called it from the beginning. 

Other than his ability to be involved in the build up and his pressing, he simply just doesn't offer anything else. 

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

In our current system, almost nothing. He will only be of use alongside another CF or AMF.

If Tuchel is going to remain stubborn, we ought to sell him next summer.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

In our current system, almost nothing. He will only be of use alongside another CF or AMF.

If Tuchel is going to remain stubborn, we ought to sell him next summer.

Which presents another issue as we need the midfielders to play a pivot in order to play two strikers. Kovacic and Kante are too injury prone. Jorginho isn't good enough and don't get me started on RLC and Gallagher in a pivot. 

Far too many square pegs in round holes. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Which presents another issue as we need the midfielders to play a pivot in order to play two strikers. Kovacic and Kante are too injury prone. Jorginho isn't good enough and don't get me started on RLC and Gallagher in a pivot. 

Far too many square pegs in round holes. 

It's something I've been calling out for some time. Tuchel has a number of good qualities, but his insistence on playing people out of position isn't one of them.

I have no idea why Chalobah has yet to start a game this season whilst RJ is being wasted away in the former's main role.

30 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's something I've been calling out for some time. Tuchel has a number of good qualities, but his insistence on playing people out of position isn't one of them.

I have no idea why Chalobah has yet to start a game this season whilst RJ is being wasted away in the former's main role.

Might have something to do with Chalobah being error prone...  he can be very erratic and Tuchel probably feels James is a safer bet at RCB.

We all agree with his nonsensical re-positioning of players. What worries me more than anything, is that we are buying players under his instruction to fit the same system that seems to be failing us right now. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Might have something to do with Chalobah being error prone...  he can be very erratic and Tuchel probably feels James is a safer bet at RCB.

We all agree with his nonsensical re-positioning of players. What worries me more than anything, is that we are buying players under his instruction to fit the same system that seems to be failing us right now. 

He's either good enough to be called upon or not. We shouldn't have players the coach can't or doesn't trust.

I believe our failures are due to personnel issues more than anything else; Kante was fit last week, and look how well we played. There's still a massive drop off from starters to our bench, which needs to be addressed, which will take a lengthy period of time, unfortunately.