Super Frank Thread

1 hour ago, Mana said:

The standards have been lowered since Sarri and it has lowered 100x more with Lampard. So these coaches listed, while not make us unbeatable they will shape the team much better.

Are you for serious? Sarri was one of the most admired and attractive manager at the time, did you forget we had a transfer ban before we hired Lampard? You are also saying our standard has been lowered after being the arguably the biggest spender in Europe. Actually our standard were much lower when he had Willian and many other deadwoods in the squad. We had Hazard and failed to surround him with better talent.

For god sake have some perspective man, it’s fair to say Lampard is not competent to lead this team forward, but in the grand scheme of things he has built a squad that is much better than before and someone else could win with.

Trial and error is part of football.

What a BS article. Lampard is playing a 4-3-3 for a while now. He is not changing the system too often. He also only switched from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3, which is not that big of a difference. But what Bild does not say is that PL might be a better league than Bundesliga [emoji23]. Kai used to be really good as a false 9 and right winger, but now according to the article, he is only a playmaker in the CM role? In a 4-3-3, he is playing in the CM role, but Bild does not mention it lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I agree, kai won't work on the right wing in the PL. False 9 might be interesting if Werner plays closer to him. I haven't ruled out a number 10 yet but an 8 in a 433 suits him well. He gets on the ball far more in a 433 than a 4231

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Try tell that to Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern and countless other teams around Europe who press well.
We pressed much much better under Sarri. And you could see what we were trying to do with the ball. Now we are very much a if the fullbacks cant do anything we are fucked side.
Pressing is coached. Nothing to do with the players being good at it or not. Look at Aguero at City when Pep came in, considered lazy but a world class player. Look at the difference in him now over last few seasons without the ball. Sterling too.
Also whoever posted Allegri did shit at Milan but they want Simeone here? Please. Allegri every day of the week. Simeone good coach no doubt but the squads not mentally tough enough for someone like him. 
They would nod in agreement lol they are all well coached teams by managers that have proven track records. Bayern have been well drilled since pep, as Man City have been. Bielsa excels at that style of football. It is his style of football. As has Klopp consistently coached that style of pressing for years.

None of these are exceptions to my point, they prove my point. You need to be well coached to press as a team. If pressing was easily coached, why aren't most teams good at pressing? Its all off the ball so it shouldn't be a matter of some being better than others.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's a minor problem in the grander scheme of problems but does anyone get annoyed by how Lampard passive and quiet looks on the touchline, especially when things aren't going well?

I know I have beaten this bush a lot but this comment from Mourinho rings truer with every passing bad game/result...

EpTqdj9VEAISfJJ?format=png&name=large

I'm worried that because of his status it will take a while to sack him; at the same time I do have hope in Abramovitch that he'll make the right call. I also hope Marina has started working in the background to locate possible replacements because the sooner Lampard is gone the better - there are fundamental issues which began from the first game of the season. 

2 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I'm worried that because of his status it will take a while to sack him; at the same time I do have hope in Abramovitch that he'll make the right call. I also hope Marina has started working in the background to locate possible replacements because the sooner Lampard is gone the better - there are fundamental issues which began from the first game of the season. 

Tuchel for me. 

Can’t think of a better manager that would be able to get the best out of this group. Already has a connection with Pulisic and could potentially get Havertz and Werner firing again. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Tuchel for me. 

Can’t think of a better manager that would be able to get the best out of this group. Already has a connection with Pulisic and could potentially get Havertz and Werner firing again. 

Tuchel looks good for me but my mate who is a BVB supporter said stay away... At the same time I don't think there's too many managers out there where every single football fan is a strong supporter of (maybe only Klopp, Pep, Nagelsmann, Simeone?)

26 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Tuchel looks good for me but my mate who is a BVB supporter said stay away... At the same time I don't think there's too many managers out there where every single football fan is a strong supporter of (maybe only Klopp, Pep, Nagelsmann, Simeone?)

I've yet to hear a single reasonable argument on why we should stay away from Tuchel, other than his feuds over technical directors given they never saw eye to eye on transfers. 

On a football perspective, I can't think of any better alternative. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

The standards have lowered because after 20+ years of management, Sarri never won a trophy. He was on the rise, but he still never won anything so our standards have lowered. Not as much, but it has.

What? A transfer ban shouldn't stop us from getting a top coach.

You're not making sense. We didn't appoint Lampard this year. So using the 'biggest spender in Europe' card is invalid.

He has built a squad that is much better than before? This current squad even AFTER spending £££s and Willian out of the picture, we are performing WORSE than last season! That's a fact!

I disagree with your lining of reason, you can’t judge it in hindsight. Your intention might be ambitious or not, but it is not dependent on results.

Madrid hired Zidane after sacking Carlo, a coach as experienced as Lampard. Did you say they lack ambition at the time? His hiring resulted in unprecedented success in the CL. Barca hired a novice manager in Pep too. Madrid also hired Lopetegui who basically the same pedigree as Sarri, which failed, Barca hired a dozen of mediocre coaches post Pep.

The popular thinking at major clubs years ago was to hire a manager who had won before at other places, rinse and repeat. Pep, Zidane, Conte, etc have proven that is not the only way, in fact finding the right fit could lead to more success. 

personally I don’t think you even understand what the term ambition means, it is not synonymous with success.

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I've yet to hear a single reasonable argument on why we should stay away from Tuchel, other than his feuds over technical directors given they never saw eye to eye on transfers. 

On a football perspective, I can't think of any better alternative. 

His failure to adapt his tactics and abrasive nature would be a disaster here. Worse than Conte was. He’s an decent coach yes and ok he won in France, he reached a CL final but a team with Mbappe, Di Maria, Neymar, Icardi, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos... that sort of calibre, that should be the expectation every season. Not celebrated as if it was a major achievement. 

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

I live among a lot of BVB fans here in the region and most of them want him back and have turned anti-Watzke because of the sacking

But yeah, I would love Simeone but it’s impossible so Tuchel would be a realistic option I‘d love. Some do seem to suggest Allegri - which I disagree with.

At the end of the day, I don‘t care who comes. I just want Lampard gone because one thing is sure: I don‘t trust him AT ALL anymore.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

His failure to adapt his tactics

He's genuinely known as a manager who adapts his tactics. He even tweaks his tactics mid game based on their objective. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

abrasive nature would be a disaster here. Worse than Conte was. 

This is a argument I accept, but worse than Conte?

Conte threw a fit because the club wouldn't give in to spending millions in transfer fees and wages to players aged 30+ and the fact VVD chose Liverpool and Spurs would never sell Walker to us. His whole recruitment policy is also very questionable when he was one responsible for the Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Morata signings that have held this club back for years. Now he's doing virtually the same thing at Inter. 

Tuchel couldn't establish a relationship with Leonardo. The latter had more control over identifying & choosing players which is always a recipe for disaster. Especially if both their visions are different. Leonardo himself is also heavily criticised on how he manages PSG's transfers given the sheer imbalance of the squad. Intensely rumored that the dressing room backed Tuchel over Leonardo. 

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

VVD chose Liverpool

He didnt choose pool....we more or less had VVD but fucked it up cuz of money. Conte explained it weeks ago on live tele, we also fucked Lukaku deal cuz of money and penny pinching.

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He didnt choose pool....we more or less had VVD but fucked it up cuz of money. Conte explained it weeks ago on live tele, we also fucked Lukaku deal cuz of money and penny pinching.

Of course Conte would say it's due to money...

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He was in the bag but fee too much for us he said. He wouldnt just throw it out there and lie about it....I dont believe he is bullshitting.

Managers talk BS all the time to go with their own agenda. 

17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Do a quick google search. VVD chose Liverpool over us. As if we couldn’t outspend them.