Super Frank Thread

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Pochetino and naggelsmam are my only choice. 

Anything else is going backwards. 

Both of them don‘t exist

BILD mentioning in an article that Chelsea is an option for Tuchel and the Club tried to get him in the past 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Imagine having all these talented players and going for Allegri. Are you out of your minds?

You’d think he was a championship manager reading this. 

His style may not be the most attractive but even then its hardly that bad. The one thing that is never mentioned regarding Allegri is his tactical flexibility. Juventus played 352 under Conte for 3 seasons after a brief go with 442. Under Allegri they played 352, 433, 442, 4231. He lost guys such as Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo and rebuilt their team with some very good players.

I suppose the younger and talented players he had during his tenure at Juve such as Dybala, Pogba, Kean, Coman, Morata, Bentancur, all struggled under him and he limited them as players?? 

Behave. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm all for managing expectations, like what Lampard did during our good run especially with the current state of the squad, but is there a case of managing them too much to the point where it does not inspire confidence in the players or make them believe that they can actually outperform themselves? 

That is an interesting point, and I don't have a good answer to that.

That comment from Lampard about tempering expectations came right after Klopp's comment, and we've been a shitty side ever since then. 

I think the squad have given up on chasing for the title, and it shows in the lack of intensity on the pitch. And so far, Lampard is struggling to give them additional motivation (besides winning the title) to do better.

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Both of them don‘t exist

BILD mentioning in an article that Chelsea is an option for Tuchel and the Club tried to get him in the past 

I might sound very cynical, but I would love Tuchel here ASAP. When did BILD mention that?

I really don't have faith in Lampard after yesterday. He's such a mediocre tactician. His in-game management reeks of so much cluelessness, especially when we're trailing. He doesn't know how to adapt and he's often bailed out by players' individual brilliance, both in defense and/or in attack.

It hurts to see Frank in this position. I wanted it to work soo badly but the writing is on the wall. It does seem asif the players have lost interest in what Frank is asking them to do. I don't blame them either. We have completely lost our attacking identity since the cleansheet run. Ahh I don't want to say it but he needs to go. 😪

Chelsea is easy to BEAT.

1. Rigid in their own zone and so Predictable.

2. Fullbacks dictate the game instead of midfielders.

3. Players all rooted on their spot instead of running to open space or run to collect the ball.

a. Fullbacks + keeper love to kick among themselves instead of quicly passing the ball forward.

b. Midfielders dnt run to collect the ball and move forwards to attack.

c. Same as midfielders, forwards rooted at their spots and not running to open space for balls.

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

And lost it?He also brought Choupo Mouting instead of Icardi in the final minutes. Why?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Because Tuchel never like or want Icardi in his team, infact this is one of the reasons why Tuchel had a falling out with Leonardo.  

Yet again Frank says 'players efforts' not 'tactics'. Same thing said two weeks ago. A manager who consistently throws his players under the bus. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frank-lampard-chelsea-vs-arsenal-fury-lazy-defeat-b515249.html

Not happy at all.

He appears in over his head.

He is very poor with game management and formation/positional set ups.

If we lose 5 of the next 7 EPL games he needs to be sacked. All 5 are tough games. The other 2 of the 7 are Burnley and Fulham.

I am very close to losing patience. You give a decent manager these incredible players and I guarantee they would at least have a structure.

Cannot believe that when we had NO true wingers and THREE healthy CFs Lampard still refused to even TRY 2 at the top. Insanity.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I’m surprised there are those who aren’t Lampard out yet after yesterday’s performance. No way this can be turned around. 

When do you realistically think the board will even think of giving Lampard the boot? IMO it will depend on how far we are away from top 4 when we arrive close to the midway point of the season. Basically by the time we play Leicester or Fulham., meaning the results of the Villa and City games will dictate that.

temp.JPG.3c6d0e4bbd74c1a1aa456f1a15fb03ee.JPG

At this point in this season, you cannot rule out top 4. We went on a 17 game unbeaten run before the Everton defeat, at a time when United could not buy a home win, and Everton were lagging in 10th place. 

The club does not care how great or how poor we were in individual matches as long as the points are on the board.

That's for mid-season. 

Now what about end season? I don't think a simple top 4 objective would be sufficient there. 

If we scrape through like we did last season, the board won't be happy. They clearly invested in the team to cement our place in the top 4 this season. If the likes of Leicester or Everton or even Tottenham come close to preventing a top 4 finish, that will be it.

6 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

That is an interesting point, and I don't have a good answer to that.

That comment from Lampard about tempering expectations came right after Klopp's comment, and we've been a shitty side ever since then. 

I think the squad have given up on chasing for the title, and it shows in the lack of intensity on the pitch. And so far, Lampard is struggling to give them additional motivation (besides winning the title) to do better.

It's also around the same we started to play the better sides, if you like, and I don't believe for one second our recent struggles is due to the players losing motivation because they cannot challenge for the title. How many players in the current squad have even challenged for league titles in their career anyway? If anything, these last few games just exposed Lampard's naive tactics, style of play and the inability to get the best out of this group of players. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's also around the same we started to play the better sides, if you like, and I don't believe for one second our recent struggles is due to the players losing motivation because they cannot challenge for the title. How many players in the current squad have even challenged for league titles in their career anyway? If anything, these last few games just exposed Lampard's naive tactics, style of play and the inability to get the best out of this group of players. 

Hmm., but wasn't that your point regarding Lampard's response to Klopp (that this side is not a title favorite)? That the squad could take comments like that from Lampard in the wrong way, and see it as lowering estimations of themselves?

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Hmm., but wasn't that your point regarding Lampard's response to Klopp (that this side is not a title favorite)? That the squad could take comments like that from Lampard in the wrong way, and see it as lowering estimations of themselves?

I was only wondering about it. God knows if Lampard is saying something else behind closed doors. There are far bigger issues, IMO, in the last few games. 

EqM3rycVgAA104Q?format=jpg&name=large

When results are going well, Lampard preaches patience with the new players.

When results are going bad, Lampard suddenly wants the new players to adapt quicker. (second time he has said this recently)

All this while looking clueless on how to get the best out of the 2 biggest attacking signings on the pitch. :doh: 

It was unfortunate that he got COVID-19 but the Havertz situation also needs to be addressed soon!