Super Frank Thread

5 minutes ago, Malito said:

Why do so many of You want these coaches that haven't won f*ck all.

Poch for example is currently a better coach than Lampard for sure and He improves sides but the fact remains He's won Sweet FA.

I accept even the likes of Ferguson had to Win a first trophy and maybe Poch could come here and Win something but I don't think any coach should be cutting their teeth on the job.

Unless We're going for proven winners of big trophies to take Us over the line what is the point.

Unless it's an Allegri, Jose, Pep, Klopp, Conte or Carlo it's just another Coach to improve Us over a few seasons and hand the reins over to a Winner.

I'm sorry but Our standards are at a massive low if We're eulogising over Nagelsmann, Poch and f*cling Tuchel.

All decent coaches that have Philosophy Coaches.

KTBFFH!!

The others dont rock my boat but Imo Poch would do great here. He has shown he can build a team and mould it. He could well be a winner here. Then you have Allegry, though many say that its going backwards etc with his style. He is still a winner and knows tactics inside out.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

The standards have been lowered since Sarri and it has lowered 100x more with Lampard. So these coaches listed, while not make us unbeatable they will shape the team much better.

I agree they will probably shape Us better but is it better that We want or the Best.

I feel people look at the Squad and think Poch walks in and Bam We're just flying which is madness to Me.  Plus if a Coach is so important then so is their CV.  These coaches CV's atm are just Meh.

I personally will be so underwhelmed if Poch or Tuchel showed up.  It just reeks of Pretty Football and hopefully Top 4.

Btw I wanna be clear, I'm not a Lampard Fan Boy and I'm not against Him being moved on under the right circumstances but not for just anybody.

KTBFFH!!

The next run of games could get really ugly. 

Flick at Bayern has shown what a mid season Change to the manager position can do. 

Hansi Flick hadn‘t won fuck all either so why not Tuchel? I doubt Flick would have won with Dortmund so your arguments are shitty

The Minute you lose all belief and confidence in a manager is the moment to pull the trigger

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

This is it. I dont understand why he came at the time he did! Was it to win fans over with look we've hired a legend or just general lack of options. He shouldve been in as a assistant manager to someone with way way way more experience. Its not working. In some games it has but majority you can see the obvious cracks that once appear he doesn't seem to be able to fix.

Fans unrest after Sarri. Transfer ban. Had to focus on youth. Best player gone. No other viable managers. 

Lampard got the job because circumstances went his way and his playing career might have also played a part. It was a marriage of convenience. Otherwise, I'd find hard to believe that Roman would approve the hiring of a manager, who was managing in the Championship and had only 1 year of experience in the job. Even AVB had 2 years as a manager and won the treble at Porto before we hired him. 

Flick almost certainly wouldn't have Won the League with Dortmund because it's pretty much a one team league.  Which makes Klopp's achievements at Dortmund all the more impressive.

At Chelsea We should be taking Managers when they have already won BIG Trophies. (Jose, Carlo, Conte).  Not bringing in Coaches to improve Us a bit.

KTBFFH!!

But yeah let's get a Coach that plays pretty football in a farmers league and then cry when they are found out and get the boot.

I've been there Myself wanting Sarri Ball and all the Mysticism that went with it but it doesn't work in the Prem without an Unlimited Budget and the PGMOL onboard.

Substance over style every single time for Me now.

KTBFFH!!

3 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

The next experiment 

Ten Hag would be a very risky appointment. It's hard to know whether managers at Ajax are actually good OR they are good only because of the system and setup Ajax have in place. Let's not forget that Frank de Boer and Peter Bosz also had success at Ajax but once they went elsewhere, their career took a nosedive. De Boer was sacked after 4 months at Inter, after 7 games at Crystal Palace, then went to manage in MLS for two years before getting the sack...again. Similar thing happened with Bosz, who got sacked at Dortmund after only 5 months, although he has seemingly rebuilt some credibility at Leverkusen.

Allegro did shit in Milan. Can‘t believe the stupidity of the people suggesting him.

My dream signing would be Simeone. He would bring everything Chelsea needs and he could be the next Mr Chelsea but that‘s not going to happen

3 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Allegro did shit in Milan. Can‘t believe the stupidity of the people suggesting him.

My dream signing would be Simeone. He would bring everything Chelsea needs and he could be the next Mr Chelsea but that‘s not going to happen

This 100%

KTBFFH!!

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

See what I mean what I said journalists out there make excuses for Lampard?

Matt Law somehow thinks the criticism has been because we lost 3 games in 4 all of a sudden and not because of wider issues/concerns with Lampard.

He should be ashamed of himself

4 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Pressing is difficult as a team you really have to work on it. We have never been a good pressing team we have players that can press well individually like mount and kante

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Try tell that to Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern and countless other teams around Europe who press well.

We pressed much much better under Sarri. And you could see what we were trying to do with the ball. Now we are very much a if the fullbacks cant do anything we are fucked side.

Pressing is coached. Nothing to do with the players being good at it or not. Look at Aguero at City when Pep came in, considered lazy but a world class player. Look at the difference in him now over last few seasons without the ball. Sterling too.

Also whoever posted Allegri did shit at Milan but they want Simeone here? Please. Allegri every day of the week. Simeone good coach no doubt but the squads not mentally tough enough for someone like him.