Super Frank Thread

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

If making top 4 is all you worried, then no need to sack Lampard. We will make top 4 again. I have no doubt about that. 

But in the summer we should go for a better manager. Lampard done great with setting up a foundation that the next manager will exploit. 

Nahh nahh mate thats a huge risk to take. Are you willing to bet good money on us getting top4 this season with FL? I will def not thats for sure. This season we could easily easily miss out, more chance we miss out than the other way imo. I would take Allegry till come summer and then evaluate.

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I personally think that at the start of the season if everybody was fit, Lampard would have gone 4-2-3-1 with Werner central (Pulisic and Ziyech on the wings) and Havertz in the '10' role. In my opinion that is what he had in mind when making the signings.

We may end up going back to that idea, particularly given the poor run of form.

However I think after the early season struggles defensively, the 4-3-3 brought far more balance in both areas of the team and up to the Everton game I think the change was fully justified.

It questions Havertz role in the side, although I think pre-covid he had a couple of games playing in the midfield 3 and looked like he was coming along nicely. He can play that role in my opinion but needs the time to get used to the pace of the league. I think currently he'd be more suited to playing a '10' role if that was available to him simply because he'd have more freedom to drift and pick up space for himself to operate.

Werner is obviously struggling at present and like you and others, I think he should be playing centrally long term. However we were winning games well for a good stretch where he was playing left side and I don't think he was playing particularly poor. It's not necessarily his natural position but at the time Chilwell and Mount were operating a lot more efficiently on the left hand side which gave Werner more freedom to roam centrally. The creativity of Ziyech as a left footed right sided player also played to Werner's strengths of spotting runs from wide to central positions too. Obviously Ziyech being injured hasn't helped, but the likes of Chilwell and Mount haven't been performing as well in recent games either. Pulisic looks like he is starting to hit a bit of form finally after a start-stop season so far, and with CHO back and Ziyech pending, I'm hoping either Lampard plays Werner central or he gives him a couple of games from the bench and brings him on in the last half hour against a tiring team which may work best to getting his confidence back which is clearly shredded at the moment.

I'm not convinced for one second given Lampard has been making strange tactical decisions and has been playing square pegs in round hole. He went overboard with the chopping and changing last season but at least he was flexible. This season? He seems to hellbent to just stick with the 4-3-3 even after hitting a period where it's not quite working as well as before. 

We are 6th on 26 points after spending 200m on top quality players. 7 wins 5 draws 4 losses. Looks ok until you realise Villa and United have played less games than us and are above us. Tottenham, Man City and Southampton have played less games than us and will likely leapfrog us by the time they catch up. 

This is the tipping point of the season, for me he has to go and soon if we want to get any chance of making top 4 yet alone pushing for an improvement on last seasons position.

If it were any other manager and it would not be acceptable to be outside top 4 with these group of players and to also be sitting wondering how are we going to score goals or create chances. 

22 minutes ago, whats happening said:

can you guys imagine how will our play look with lampard against simeones defense. it will be a comedy show.

Yet many thought Atletico was a very good draw. Said it at the time they will have seen our game plan and tactics of fullbacks crossing and been happy as thats their bread and butter, going narrow and defending crosses. Yet many thought na we will be fine.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Nahh nahh mate thats a huge risk to take. Are you willing to bet good money on us getting top4 this season with FL? I will def not thats for sure. This season we could easily easily miss out, more chance we miss out than the other way imo. I would take Allegry till come summer and then evaluate.

Of course we will make top 4, I am willing to bet money. 

For crying out loud second place is only 3 points ahead of us, 3 points! 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

With this tempo we will finish the season with 60 points. What is the point to continue with him? 

I rate Tuchel but even I agree he's a gamble considering his history. No guarantees he'll have all the control he wants with us. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Of course we will make top 4, I am willing to bet money. 

For crying out loud second place is only 3 points ahead of us, 3 points! 

Yeah those 3pts look mighty difficult for us though dont they.....no I cant see us getting it. Its looking more likely we will drop out than vice versa.