Super Frank Thread

Just now, Jason said:

I was only wondering about it. God knows if Lampard is saying something else behind closed doors. There are far bigger issues, IMO, in the last few games. 

I wish I could know what he says to the team behind close doors too, about that, and other things.

Like, regarding why we seem to press with high intensity in some games, and look absolutely lethargic in others. This has become a feature of his Chelsea tenure.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

I wish I could know what he says to the team behind close doors too, about that, and other things.

Like, regarding why we seem to press with high intensity in some games, and look absolutely lethargic in others. This has become a feature of his Chelsea tenure.

Fixture congestion, fatigue etc although yeah, we have never been able to press well under Lampard.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

EqM3rycVgAA104Q?format=jpg&name=large

When results are going well, Lampard preaches patience with the new players.

When results are going bad, Lampard suddenly wants the new players to adapt quicker. (second time he has said this recently)

All this while looking clueless on how to get the best out of the 2 biggest attacking signings on the pitch. :doh: 

It was unfortunate that he got COVID-19 but the Havertz situation also needs to be addressed soon!

Not sure why he couldn't play him in a more central role against Arsenal, especially with CHO returning.

Now with fully fit wide players, he should do it (or if not drop him from the starting 11). Unless he plans to give Pulisic a breather, in which case,...shit.

Not for the first time this month, Chelsea haven’t come close to matching their opponents’ intensity. Arsenal haven’t played like a team in disarray and their lead is utterly deserved. Frank Lampard urgently needs to change something here.

Chelsea fans: Discuss the Arsenal game with our reporter Liam Twomey

Tuck into Christmas dinner and eat several mince pies — tick. Watch Home Alone — tick. Indulge in festive football on Boxing Day — soon to be ticked. If you’re not spending the day watching game after game and following our coverage then you are simply doing it all wrong…

Pose your questions now and The Athletic’s Chelsea reporter Liam Twomey will join in a couple of hours before kick-off, then discuss the performance, where the match was won and lost and pick through what the result means for the club.

https://theathletic.com/2283155/2020/12/25/chelsea-arsenal-score-2/

Just now, Jason said:

Fixture congestion, fatigue etc although yeah, we have never been able to press well under Lampard.

Our press was brilliant against opposition in the November PL games, and even with our B team away at Sevilla.

West Ham game and Arsenal had sufficient rest days preceding those games. No excuse for fixture congestion there.

Maybe these players aren't physically conditioned well enough yet, and after the flurry of December fixtures, the wheels have started to come off. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Chelsea fans: Discuss the Arsenal game with our reporter Liam Twomey

Tuck into Christmas dinner and eat several mince pies — tick. Watch Home Alone — tick. Indulge in festive football on Boxing Day — soon to be ticked. If you’re not spending the day watching game after game and following our coverage then you are simply doing it all wrong…

Pose your questions now and The Athletic’s Chelsea reporter Liam Twomey will join in a couple of hours before kick-off, then discuss the performance, where the match was won and lost and pick through what the result means for the club.

https://theathletic.com/2283155/2020/12/25/chelsea-arsenal-score-2/

It's behind a paywall. :lol: 

Our press was brilliant against opposition in the November PL games, and even with our B team away at Sevilla.

West Ham game and Arsenal had sufficient rest days preceding those games. No excuse for fixture congestion there.

Maybe these players aren't physically conditioned well enough yet, and after the flurry of December fixtures, the wheels have started to come off. 

Free weeks are nothing under Lampard. They just give him "opportunities" to overwork the players. Ever notice random injury or two tends to pop up after a free week? Or we tend to put in poor, lethargic performances after a free week? 

Just now, Jason said:

It's behind a paywall. :lol: 

well, there are 684 comments, I am not going to post them all, lol

I post SO many of The Athletic articles

would be nice if people supported them, they are the best football site on the net IMHO

Just now, Jason said:

Free weeks are nothing under Lampard. They just give him "opportunities" to overwork the players. Ever notice random injury or two tends to pop up after a free week? Or we tend to put in poor, lethargic performances after a free week? 

It maybe speculation, but wouldn't be surprised if that were true. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

well, there are 684 comments, I am not going to post them all, lol

I post SO many of The Athletic articles

would be nice if people supported them, they are the best football site on the net IMHO

But I find it annoying that some of their journalists are like external PRs for clubs. They never say a bad word about managers, always looking for some sort of excuses. 

It maybe speculation, but wouldn't be surprised if that were true. 

It's not speculation. You can easily catch this small little things, especially when they happen too often. And ever wonder why muscle injury is the most common injury under Lampard? It rarely happened under past managers. 

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That is why we have TC!

:rant:

:drunk:

https://theathletic.com/2285228/2020/12/27/chelsea-lampard-sacking-arsenal/

See what I mean? That's a piece on yesterday's game, using a few incidents to highlight what went wrong - as if we're all blind and couldn't see - and not much on the bigger questions that came from the defeat. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://theathletic.com/2285228/2020/12/27/chelsea-lampard-sacking-arsenal/

See what I mean? That's a piece on yesterday's game, using a few incidents to highlight what went wrong - as if we're all blind and couldn't see - and not much on the bigger questions that came from the defeat. 

It hardly is a friendly tone:

If this latest shambles of a Chelsea performance could be summed up in a single sequence, it was the passage of play that led to Arsenal’s third goal.

Just now, Vesper said:

It hardly is a friendly tone:

If this latest shambles of a Chelsea performance could be summed up in a single sequence, it was the passage of play that led to Arsenal’s third goal.

But the piece just highlights what we already know and saw, no? 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But the piece just highlights what we already know and saw, no? 

Not everyone watched the game.

I am going to keep posting TA articles until enough people say stop.

Better their in-depth professionalism than some dross Media Referee or Transfer Tavern bollocks (like MR saying we were crazy to sell Jorginho as he is a world class pkayer vital to the squad)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Not everyone watched the game.

That's their problem. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I am going to keep posting TA articles until enough people say stop.

Better their in-depth professionalism than some dross Media Referee or Transfer Tavern bollocks (like MR saying we were crazy to sell Jorginho as he is a world class pkayer vital to the squad)

No one is stopping you. All I'm basically saying is, while they have some excellent articles, they also produce some puff pieces.