24. Reece James

the wes

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Wish we had two Reece James, he is amazing at CB and RB.

I’d like to believe we have.. With Cucurella.

These kind of players are very important. Tuchel is clearly a top coach who has the superpower to influence games by changing tactics meanwhile the game. With James and Cucurella in the team, we can change formation if necessary to react our opponents tactics.

James is our franchise player though, he should be avarded lifelong contract with highest salary by far.

40 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I thought they had already signed a new contract?

That is weird. They said the first thing was to get these guys new contract when Todd came in. 

Not yet. They were focused on transfer dealings. Word was they will be offered by September

Edited by Strike

• 3 weeks later...

From the outside, James seems to be the one talking to all the new players (Koulibaly, Fofana, etc.) welcoming them to squad. Maybe it's just him gelling with fellow defenders, but there seems to be some leadership qualities on show there. 

If not captain, at least a good team vice captain in the making. 

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

From the outside, James seems to be the one talking to all the new players (Koulibaly, Fofana, etc.) welcoming them to squad. Maybe it's just him gelling with fellow defenders, but there seems to be some leadership qualities on show there. 

If not captain, at least a good team vice captain in the making. 

I think its telling he's been seen as a priority over Mount regarding a new long term deal. Maybe that is why the latter is in a poor rut and his body language being shit. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I think its telling he's been seen as a priority over Mount regarding a new long term deal. Maybe that is why the latter is in a poor rut and his body language being shit. 

I've been thinking about that too.

But I hope Mount doesn't just react negatively to it. He's produced the best attacking stats in the team for the past two years, but we're all waiting to see if he can take it up a level.

It would be a shame if he would throw toys out of his pram at this stage and act like he's being undervalued. His performances need to speak for itself.

One would hope that he looks at James situation and see how the club values performances like his.

It's tough though. Especially when he wins player of the year accolades for 2 years, is a year older too. All that could be weighing on his mind.

Edited by Blue Armour