24. Reece James

the wes

• 3 weeks later...

Thomas Tuchel ‘worried’ about Chelsea defender Reece James after injury setback

https://theathletic.com/news/thomas-tuchel-worried-about-Chelsea-defender-reece-james-after-injury-setback/i4px8NhLH3DC/

Thomas Tuchel ‘worried’ about Chelsea defender Reece James after injury setback.

Thomas Tuchel has revealed Chelsea right-back Reece James has suffered an injury setback less than two weeks after returning to the first team.

James, 22, made his long-awaited return to competitive action in the Carabao Cup final on February 27.

The England international came off the bench at Wembley in the 57th minute before playing the remainder of normal time and the entire extra-time period. He scored his penalty in the shootout defeat.

James also came off the bench in the FA Cup win at Luton last Wednesday and then scored in Chelsea's 4-0 win over Burnley on Saturday after being handed his first start since his return.

However, James is now expected to have another spell on the sidelines after his initial two-month layoff.

Tuchel, speaking ahead of Chelsea’s trip to Norwich, said: “Reece James has a bit of muscular problem after the last three matches. Not his injured leg, it is the other leg.

“But we need examination. We thought he could maybe be on the pitch today but he couldn’t so we need further examinations to see what’s going on.

“He felt it during the match and that’s why we took him out and it didn’t get better. We are worried but still we need some more details and more information.

“It was obvious what he gives to our team and what he can give to the team so not good news at the moment.

“A setback for sure, I hope not a big one.”

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Real can f off..

Lockdown this future Chelsea captain.

they are going to come for him HARD AF in 2023, if they make no move now

they need upgrades at FB, especially RB, Carvajal is ageing out and I never really arted him as WC anyway

I fucking hate him as well, almost as much as that uber cunt Jordi Alba

there are only 5 RB's on the planet who are good enough in their eyes (if none from thsi group are available, then I would add Matty Cash next as Walker is soon 32), and one doesn't even play RB anymore

Joshua Kimmich    
Trent Alexander-Arnold   
Achraf Hakimi
Reece James
João Cancelo  

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they are going to come for him HARD AF in 2023, if they make no move now

they need upgrades at FB, especially RB, Carvajal is ageing out and I never really arted him as WC anyway

I fucking hate him as well, almost as much as that uber cunt Jordi Alba

there are only 5 RB's on the planet who are good enough in their eyes (if none from thsi group are available, then I would add Matty Cash next as Walker is soon 32), and one doesn't even play RB anymore

Joshua Kimmich    
Trent Alexander-Arnold   
Achraf Hakimi
Reece James
João Cancelo  

They'll go back for Hakimi most likely. 

Reece is blue through and through. 

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

They'll go back for Hakimi most likely. 

Reece is blue through and through. 

Would be too late by then. PSG isn't a selling club and the only way Hakimi can get out from there is either running down his contract or he suddenly stop performs. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not worried about Reece leaving at all. Like Mase, he will play his entire career here.

Yeah, Reece, Mount, Trev (if happy with a sqaud role), RLC and Gallagher (from what I have read) all seem to be very attached to the club. Can't see any of them leaving unless forced or aren't playing at all. 

Edited by King Kante