24. Reece James

the wes

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Great he is not seriously injured but shame we could not delay the announcement till Oct. 20 when the clown confirms his squad for that torrid slavers' tourney.

He would have picked him in the squad anyway, same with Kante & the French National Coach.  

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’re fucked.

Severely lessens our attacking threat and leaves us more exposed defensively. Goddamnit. It’s Chilwell against Juve all over again. 

What I'm seeing is 6-8 weeks so hopefully not that bad.

Although it will probably be a while till he re hits the levels he did vs Milan.  I swear this happens to him every single time he's approaching "fullback Mbappe" levels.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What I'm seeing is 6-8 weeks so hopefully not that bad.

Although it will probably be a while till he re hits the levels he did vs Milan.  I swear this happens to him every single time he's approaching "fullback Mbappe" levels.

Yeah, as we saw with Chilly even when he’s back fit it’ll take weeks for him to regain form.

Seeing Azpi get burned for pace defensively and being unable to do much of anything going forward for multiple months is going to be brutal just like last season. 

Albeit was Wolves, but thought Azpi looked significantly better in that game, just seemed to play more free when pushing up in attack. The issue given his age will be flogging him for the next few weeks game after game. GP will need to find another option to rest and rotate alongside him.

If Reece is out for 6-8 weeks as has been speculated it's hardly ideal, but it's also significantly better than it could have been, similar to Fofana.

My bigger concern is two of our best players will likely miss now the rest of this schedule up to the World Cup in Kante and Reece, and almost certainly be picked for the World Cup if there's any chance of them being fit, and will be risked playing in it. There should definitely be some sort of ruling from Fifa/Uefa which prevents countries calling players up who have had an extended period out injured. We've suffered for years with Deschamps doing this playing Kante on one leg, and we massively run the risk of a similar situation come the world cup for these two.