Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This guy much like Luis just didnt work out here.

But IMO he will turn serie a upside down if he ends there. And maybe even ends up better LB than Chilwell. Not for us, but in general.

Another factor in the club going for Ben over Reguillon, Tagliafico

• 3 weeks later...

Will never be the goal threat Alonso is, but I trust him and feel more comfortable with him as an option than Marcos. Mainly because he can move about the pitch well and can actually get past a defender with his dribbling and pace.

On 23/09/2020 at 10:17 PM, Hutcho said:

I thought he was gone. Out the door completely.

But he played pretty well today all over the pitch so who knows. I can't see us keeping 3 left backs though. But maybe he's now a right winger

The problem with Emerson is twofold. First, is that, like Alonso, he is best as a LWB and not great at LB. Second, is that he appeared to want to leave last season and looked liked he gave up. Alonso has a lot of critics but some of the performances Emerson put in last season where absolutely diabolical. 

As for his long term future, I think he is gone this window still. Most likely as a loan to buy with option as that is all we seem to do now. 

The problem with Emerson is twofold. First, is that, like Alonso, he is best as a LWB and not great at LB. Second, is that he appeared to want to leave last season and looked liked he gave up. Alonso has a lot of critics but some of the performances Emerson put in last season where absolutely diabolical. 
As for his long term future, I think he is gone this window still. Most likely as a loan to buy with option as that is all we seem to do now. 

That's all true but luckily this year its just a backup role and some rotation we need them for.

I'd rather keep alonso if I had to pick just 1 as he offers something different and we know he can be effective if we play 3 at the back.

As a defender hes a far better winger

Hes faster than Alonso yet doesnt seem to put the crosses in he CAN

Alonsos also that added extra with his headers and can take a good free kick.

I had to think a couple of times who he was the other day. Looks like a different player,

I really have no idea who our squad will end up being with so many to get rid of. The loan army numbers have gone down havent they.

Should just have a fire sale.

Tho I dont want us to get rid of Barkley. Hes a good squad player from bench and I do like him with Kova.

Cant let Gooners have Jorgi neither!

58 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

As a defender hes a far better winger

Hes faster than Alonso yet doesnt seem to put the crosses in he CAN

Alonsos also that added extra with his headers and can take a good free kick.

I had to think a couple of times who he was the other day. Looks like a different player,

I really have no idea who our squad will end up being with so many to get rid of. The loan army numbers have gone down havent they.

Should just have a fire sale.

Tho I dont want us to get rid of Barkley. Hes a good squad player from bench and I do like him with Kova.

Cant let Gooners have Jorgi neither!

The crazy part for emerson is that he is actually a better fit for our system but he was so bad that alonso who actually not suited with our style outperformed him big time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Video: Forgotten Chelsea ace produces brilliant and vital challenge vs Robert Lewandowski in Nations League clash

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/10/13/chelsea-news-emerson-tackle-vs-lewandowski-video/

Forgotten Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmieri has reminded us all of his quality with a superb piece of defending for the Italian national team against Poland.

Watch the video below as Emerson produced a stunning and important tackle on Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, denying him what looked like a huge scoring opportunity in their Nations League clash…

Chelsea signed Ben Chilwell this summer, meaning Emerson is now possibly Frank Lampard’s third choice left-back, with Marcos Alonso also still in the mix.

This seems a bit harsh on the former Roma defender, who clearly remains a key player for his country and someone capable of providing great work rate and leadership at the back.

On 13.10.2020 at 8:23 AM, Vesper said:

Video: Forgotten Chelsea ace produces brilliant and vital challenge vs Robert Lewandowski in Nations League clash

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/10/13/chelsea-news-emerson-tackle-vs-lewandowski-video/

Forgotten Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmieri has reminded us all of his quality with a superb piece of defending for the Italian national team against Poland.

Watch the video below as Emerson produced a stunning and important tackle on Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, denying him what looked like a huge scoring opportunity in their Nations League clash…

Chelsea signed Ben Chilwell this summer, meaning Emerson is now possibly Frank Lampard’s third choice left-back, with Marcos Alonso also still in the mix.

This seems a bit harsh on the former Roma defender, who clearly remains a key player for his country and someone capable of providing great work rate and leadership at the back.

Tbf he is. I where near forgotten. He just reminded us of his deficiencies a week ago. The reason this tackle looks so spectacular is bc he failed to stay in line with the striker or at least at his shoulder, same mistake as vs Lamela. 
You have to credit him that he marked the run at all and stayed on the correct side tho.

• 1 month later...

There are not many options available and even if they are, would they be ok with being backup? So we may continue with Emerson...

Telles for example, I heard from Utd fans is horrible apart from crossing.