Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:
Three. 
Was evident Alonso needed upgraded on after our title win 

We couldn't think about upgrading the "LB" of the season back then.

I sure as hell did

and you are totally forgetting the Alex Sandro multiple offer Marina in a spin spin spin chasing her own tail till the window closes with those Juve CUNT game players debacles

LB upgrade has been my mission since Ashley tailed off

I want to bang my head into walls for years

Related image

I sure as hell did
and you are totally forgetting the Alex Sandro multiple offer Marina in a spin spin spin chasing her own tail till the window closes with those Juve CUNT game players debacles
LB upgrade has been my mission since Ashley tailed off
I want to bang my head into walls for years
tenor.gif?itemid=7536878

I was being sarcastic. I wasn't a fan of his at Fiorentina, so I only felt one way once he signed.

I'd honestly love to know how many first choice targets we've actually signed since Conte was first appointed. I would hazard a guess at 0 to 1.

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lampard blames one Chelsea player for Arsenal equaliser

https://www.football365.com/news/lampard-blames-one-chelsea-player-for-arsenal-equaliser

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard says Emerson Palmieri for being at fault for Arsenal’s first goal in their 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea failed to capitalise on old boy David Luiz’s red card, thwarted by Hector Bellerin’s late equaliser.

Cesar Azpilicueta thought he had scrambled Chelsea to victory with a neat finish only to see Hector Bellerin steal a share of the spoils, after Gabriel Martinelli’s breakaway goal had cancelled out Jorginho’s penalty.

Arsenal’s opening goal from Martinelli came when counter-attacking from a Chelsea corner after N’Golo Kante had slipped.

Instead of blaming Kante, Lampard was annoyed by the marking on the edge of the box from Palmieri.

“It was on the edge of the box that was the problem,” Lampard said. “People have got to do their jobs.

“We have people on the edge of the box that ran forward when they should have run backwards. It left N’Golo, it went to N’Golo and he slips.

“That wasn’t the error. That’s something that can happen. The edge of the box was the error, as I say, a job that should have been done but not done.”

snip

yet we still will not sell the

Image result for asshat gif

This, kante was at fault for the goal. But that is not the problem, why in the hell he is alone there. That was the biggest problem 

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I was being sarcastic. I wasn't a fan of his at Fiorentina, so I only felt one way once he signed.

I'd honestly love to know how many first choice targets we've actually signed since Conte was first appointed. I would hazard a guess at 0 to 1.

Jorginho (and that was only because of Sarri)

Pulisic was not in huge demand and obviously Sancho is the superior player

Conte got NOTHING

• 4 weeks later...

Emerson will request summer transfer from Chelsea — report

Not enough minutes for the left back this season

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/2/19/21144112/emerson-will-request-summer-transfer-from-chelsea-report

Italian media expect Emerson Palmieri to push for a transfer out of Chelsea this summer, citing the left back’s lack of playing time as the main motivation.

While Emerson has featured a bit more than fellow left back Marcos Alonso, he’s certainly not part of Lampard’s preferred starting XI either, with Cesar Azpilicueta usually moving across from the right flank these days to make room for Reece James instead. Given Emerson’s relatively poor performances, especially as of late, that’s not too surprising. Only Ross Barkley, Pedro, and Michy Batshuayi have been rated worse on average by Chelsea fans than the 25-year-old former AS Roma man.

Tuttosport (via Forza Italian Football) therefore expect that Emerson “will request a transfer at the end of the season”, apparently with a view towards reuniting with Maurizio Sarri — assuming that Sarri sees a second season at Juventus of course.

Emerson will have two years left on his contract at Chelsea after this season, which will make this summer the ideal time to decide his future.

snip

Dont blame him. Seeing your manager pick a RB at LB week in week out must be agonizingly frustrating. Be like the same reason as why Cole probably decided to leave us under Jose,  guy might of not been at his past level and Azpi was playing extremely well but as a player it must be frustrating as fuck seeing someone an unnatrual position they wouldnt normally play every week ahead of you.

19 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont blame him. Seeing your manager pick a RB at LB week in week out must be agonizingly frustrating. Be like the same reason as why Cole probably decided to leave us under Jose,  guy might of not been at his past level and Azpi was playing extremely well but as a player it must be frustrating as fuck seeing someone an unnatrual position they wouldnt normally play every week ahead of you.

I felt it was time for Ash to go and I don't blame Emerson at all for wanting to leave. Time's up for him too. I've never believed in Emerson, don't see the potential that some do, and hope for everyone's sake that he gets his move.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I felt it was time for Ash to go and I don't blame Emerson at all for wanting to leave. Time's up for him too. I've never believed in Emerson, don't see the potential that some do, and hope for everyone's sake that he gets his move.

Same as Baba Rahman, the desperation to see his competition dropped lead people to concuct ability that isn't there.

Same as Baba Rahman, the desperation to see his competition dropped lead people to concuct ability that isn't there.
I guess you forgot how good Emerson was in the Super Cup or in EL final. He sadly dropped his great form after his injury. You can look up his stats before he injured himself. Was pretty impressive

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Have to agree. Ash could have been a squad player for another season or two still but again respected his decision and Jose and him didnt really seem to see eye to eye IIRC towards the end of that season either. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Used to cry when people said about using Baba or Kenedy at LB, both below average as hell. Baba should never have moved here would of developed into a better player playing every match in Germany. Kenedy at LB was never going to work, was just Mourinho restricting, or remoulding maybe a better term for it, another player similarly to like Mikel when he first arrived. Although I did think Mikel got a lot of shit on here over nothing because he was good enough in periods in his spell here before leaving and played through some tramatic shit like when his dad was kidnapped under Villas-Boas.

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I guess you forgot how good Emerson was in the Super Cup or in EL final. He sadly dropped his great form after his injury. You can look up his stats before he injured himself. Was pretty impressive

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He had maybe 3 or 4 good games at the start of the season. Even then, were they really outstanding? Had some half decent games with Sarri I will give you that but he has been pretty poor ever since those games at the start of the season (although FLs choice to use a RB over 2 natural LBs is questionable given how it hasnt improved our backline at all really). Even over his spell here, he has hardly been convincing.

He has played in 16 games this season for us, poor in most. Using 1/4 of those as a sort of he was good before his injury is like saying Torres was good for like 3 or 4 games in a row under Villas-Boas, Benitez (although think he had most prolific spell of his career with us under Rafa) or Mourinho before he would churn out those shite games for weeks on end after.

Going from memory I've thought he played well in his debut vs Hull in a cup game and vs Burnley under Conte, in the Europa League final under Sarri, the United game and Super Cup final under Frank. Thats over the course of nearly 3 seasons. Struggling to think of many other games were hes really looked as if he could be a long term solution.

Maybe missed a few but there seemed to be some sort of hope because he had a good season in Italy with Roma (before he injured his ACL which wouldnt have helped him) where he apparently matched Alex Sandros performances (again I very much doubt that as Alez Sandro is a different level alltogether) and stats that we got some sort of bargain.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

shoot me now :(

Emerson ‘in no rush’ to leave Chelsea

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/5/21/21265976/emerson-in-no-rush-to-leave-chelsea

A few years ago, I was vacationing on the island of St. Kitts, and out there on Reggae Beach, amid all the lobster and the bucket-o’-beers, I was introduced to the concept of “rushing slowly”. Like The Matrix, you have to experience it to truly know it, but I imagine Emerson’s experiencing something similar at the moment as well. Minus the tropical weather.

He’s in no hurry to leave London. He knows that eventually he’ll end up back in Italy. All roads lead back to the Serie A, after all. But not yet.

“I was very happy in Serie A, including with the culture, which is also why I chose to play for Italy. A return to Serie A could happen, but I have a contract with Chelsea and I’m in no rush to go anywhere.”

Emerson has been linked with Juventus, among a few others in Serie A, and he certainly wouldn’t mind a reunion with Maurizio Sarri. But with two years left on his Chelsea contract and plenty of respect for Frank Lampard as well, he’s not pushing for an exit.

“I learned a lot from Conte, he proved himself to be a fantastic coach, but I think for the time we worked together and the results we achieved, I got even more from Sarri.

“Spalletti at Roma is more of a friend or a father figure, he talks to you every day, asks about your family, makes sure you’re happy. Sarri is more focused on the pitch, but you can tell he’s got a gigantic heart, even if he doesn’t speak as much.

“They are quite similar, although Sarri is more tactical and focused, while Spalletti leaves a little more room for fun in his training sessions. Sarri definitely got angrier!

“Frank Lampard is young, he was a player until recently, so he knows how to talk to the players. He was an idol at Chelsea and I’m sure he’ll get even better as a coach. He’s got a great heart.”

-Emerson; source: Sky via Football Italia

Chelsea had been planning a major squad overhaul this summer, but the COVID-19 pandemic will surely scupper, at least in some part, those plans, and create new financial incentives for keeping players and their current clubs.

Emerson is in no rush to leave, and Chelsea appear in no rush to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

“The only person who can answer this question is God” – Emerson’s agent gets dramatic over potential Juve move

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/05/person-can-answer-question-god-emersons-agent-gets-dramatic-potential-juve-move/

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking at some highlights of this season and I am 100% sure Emerson is better defensively that Alonso is a myth. 

There are tons of goals we conceded this season where Emerson should do much better. All 3 Arsenal goals, Bournemouth home etc...

Alonso biggest mistake was penalty in not important Carabao cup game against Utd and not even sure that was a penalty. Not to mention how better Alonso is offensively and in the air.

Winning percentage is also dramatically better with Alonso in the team.