Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alonso is better option than Emerson regardless the opponent or formation. With him in back four we beat City last season at home 2:0. He scored and assisted many goals for Conte but also for Sarri. Even this season in less than a 600 minutes he has 1 goal and 3 assists. Not to mention with him in the squad we have 100% of wins but without him just 4 in 13. 

Bit random logic. With Alonso in the team we also lost to City 6-0 and he was culpable for at least two of the goals. He has been subbed off early this season three times for poor performances (Liverpool, Burnley and Ajax). Not sure why he’s turning into something he’s not.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It was a pretty good run for his standards but we still conceded 4 goals down his side and looked vulnerable down there throughout.

I personally believe if he was deputising a prime Ash we'd be praying hard Ash never got injured, the desperation to see Alonso replaced has turned him into something he's not.

Hopefully the new LB can give us what we are hoping for (permanently making Marcos 2nd choice at best) and more.

I’ve lost faith in Emerson but he was literally statistically one of the best LBs in the league the first four games and many people had him as our best player at the start of the season. 

6 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Bit random logic. With Alonso in the team we also lost to City 6-0 and he was culpable for at least two of the goals. He has been subbed off early this season three times for poor performances (Liverpool, Burnley and Ajax). Not sure why he’s turning into something he’s not.

Against Liverpool he came from the bench when we were already down. Against Burnley he came off after 63 minutes when result was 0:4. We conceded two goals later! And I'm speaking only about PL. No I don't want Alonso to be our first LB but in front of Emerson? Yes. 

7 minutes ago, ja1 said:

I’ve lost faith in Emerson but he was literally statistically one of the best LBs in the league the first four games and many people had him as our best player at the start of the season. 

Taking stats after 4 games and using them is reaching though.

Emerson has shown a lot good and bad this season. Same lasy season and he never got going under Conte. His inconsistency will hold him back from ever being more than just a good player. 

Hes not a kid either. Hes 25. He should be a lot more consistent, a lot more dependable but hes not.

47 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Against Liverpool he came from the bench when we were already down. Against Burnley he came off after 63 minutes when result was 0:4. We conceded two goals later! And I'm speaking only about PL. No I don't want Alonso to be our first LB but in front of Emerson? Yes. 

Sorry my bad on that, misreading the stats. I’d still argue very much against a fallacy of ‘he played in this win, that’s why he’s better’ but it’s cool..there’s not much between them and no use debating the minutiae vs each 

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Taking stats after 4 games and using them is reaching though.

Emerson has shown a lot good and bad this season. Same lasy season and he never got going under Conte. His inconsistency will hold him back from ever being more than just a good player. 

Hes not a kid either. Hes 25. He should be a lot more consistent, a lot more dependable but hes not.

I was just using it to back up that objectively Emerson was good at the start of the season, by all accounts, subjective opinion and objective stats, as it seems to be getting rewritten. I’m aware 4 good games isn’t significant in the grand scheme of things but then equally no reason to start playing it down! 

Hes 25 but still made less than 200 appearances, very unusual. Which is part of the reason why I go on about him having potential as he matures as a player, he does have vast room to improve.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Absolutely horrible! Get rid immediately. 

Afraid to take any risk, always plays at safe. Alonso is much better. I don't care who's available now to buy play Maatsen over this dude. 

once again LB FUCKS us

and an utter lack of creativity

and playing Kante utterly out of position

and Kepa

and WILLIAN

pure shit

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Absolutely horrible! Get rid immediately. 

Afraid to take any risk, always plays at safe. Alonso is much better. I don't care who's available now to buy play Maatsen over this dude. 

We are so bad when we think about Alonso is better. 

Anyhow we have spent so much money over the years for this position and we continue to hurt. 

That is a travesty. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

We are so bad when we think about Alonso is better. 

Anyhow we have spent so much money over the years for this position and we continue to hurt. 

That is a travesty. 

Alonso always was better, for all his faults he atleast has an upside of so!e substance.

He should be in the team till we find a new LB.

Lampard blames one Chelsea player for Arsenal equaliser

https://www.football365.com/news/lampard-blames-one-chelsea-player-for-arsenal-equaliser

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard says Emerson Palmieri for being at fault for Arsenal’s first goal in their 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea failed to capitalise on old boy David Luiz’s red card, thwarted by Hector Bellerin’s late equaliser.

Cesar Azpilicueta thought he had scrambled Chelsea to victory with a neat finish only to see Hector Bellerin steal a share of the spoils, after Gabriel Martinelli’s breakaway goal had cancelled out Jorginho’s penalty.

Arsenal’s opening goal from Martinelli came when counter-attacking from a Chelsea corner after N’Golo Kante had slipped.

Instead of blaming Kante, Lampard was annoyed by the marking on the edge of the box from Palmieri.

“It was on the edge of the box that was the problem,” Lampard said. “People have got to do their jobs.

“We have people on the edge of the box that ran forward when they should have run backwards. It left N’Golo, it went to N’Golo and he slips.

“That wasn’t the error. That’s something that can happen. The edge of the box was the error, as I say, a job that should have been done but not done.”

snip

yet we still will not sell the

Image result for asshat gif