Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Good, no way we're selling both him and Alonso and then buy 2 LBs, that's not the Chelsea way. Rather have him than Alonso.

I wouldn't. For all Alonso's frustrations he atleast gives us a screamer one game in five, low bar but it is what it is.

Emerson apart from a cross in Baku and a decent half in a game we lost 4-0 I'm struggling to think of anything stand out he's done.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't. For all Alonso's frustrations he atleast gives us a screamer one game in five, low bar but it is what it is.

Emerson apart from a cross in Baku and a decent half in a game we lost 4-0 I'm struggling to think of anything stand out he's done.

Before injury Emerson was much better at LB than Alonso ever was. Unless we're gonna play 5 defenders, Alonso needs to leave.

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

Before injury Emerson was much better at LB than Alonso ever was. Unless we're gonna play 5 defenders, Alonso needs to leave.

I didn't watch him before his injury so can't tell about that but it's ultimately irrelevant even if he was as good as prime Ash before the injury, it's clear as night follows day that whoever he was before his unfortunate injury is long gone. I was prepared to wait until he got a consistent run in the team and now he's been first choice for nearly a year and done next to nothing.

I still think even in a four Alonso is a better option Vs teams that sit deep, for example him in the box instead of Emerson against Bournemouth we win 1-0 just like we did Vs Newcastle. I don't want him to be first choice ever again (I even felt that about him as a wingback) but I'd feel he would contribute a lot more as a squad player than what Emerson would.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I didn't watch him before his injury so can't tell about that but it's ultimately irrelevant even if he was as good as prime Ash before the injury, it's clear as night follows day that whoever he was before his unfortunate injury is long gone. I was prepared to wait until he got a consistent run in the team and now he's been first choice for nearly a year and done next to nothing.

I still think even in a four Alonso is a better option Vs teams that sit deep, for example him in the box instead of Emerson against Bournemouth we win 1-0 just like we did Vs Newcastle. I don't want him to be first choice ever again (I even felt that about him as a wingback) but I'd feel he would contribute a lot more as a squad player than what Emerson would.

I meant the injury he got this season during international break I believe. Before that he was among the team's top performers, but unfortunately hasn't been quite the same since.

I am just sick of talking about left back!

we need to sort it out or will continue to pay the price

at least half the board or so thinks Telles is dog shit

many think that if we just wait till summer Chilwell is in the bag

I think both are not the case at all

I have offered many solutions

Alaba, whilst more than likely a pipe dream is a very much to my liking, I just do not think it will happen

I have no clue if we are the mystery EPL team that offered Angers 30m euros for Rayan Aït Nouri, but the lad is only 18

Luca Pellegrini turns 21yo in a few months and seems to have a shedload of potential, but Juve own him (he is on loan at Cagliari now), and if he is all that, why are they sniffing around for either Emerson or Alonso?

We will never dump 100m euro on Gaya (nor should we)

I think 60m euro for Grimaldi is also madness, but I could see this being a desperation default buy

I am not convinced on the soon 22yo Jamal Lewis from Norwich

same for 21yo Lloyd Kelly on Bournemouth, although his size and pace intrigue me, but he seems injury-prone so far

Maatsen is a dwarf, so not sold on him yet, not even close

Alex Sandro is 29yo in a few days so nope nope

I do not see Real Madrid parting with either Sergio Reguilón or Ferland Mendy (Mendy would be great here, the damn ban fucked us there)

Lucas Digne might be an option, BUT Everton will demand crazy money (could see them wanting close to what Grimaldo would cost)

I think IF we can convince him to leave AC Milan, Theo Hernández might be a great buy, but I do not see him wanting to leave, he already turned down a lot of big clubs to sign last summer with Milan and now I can Milan REALLY refusing to sell him as he has been the best LB in Serie A probably the first half of the season

truly looks to me like it is Chilwell or bust (bust meaning next season we will still have a now (turns in 11 months) 30yo Alonso and an uber inconsistent Emerson 

Telles is the simple solution at least for 3 years or so, but we do not do simple

We should really talk to Real, feel them out on Mendy or Reguilón

unless we were the one who are trying to buy the 18yo Nouri

here he is against Arse

Angers v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: News photo

I am just sick of talking about left back!

I have offered many solutions
Alaba, whilst more than likely a pipe dream is a very much to my liking

Funny thing is that in Germany, Alaba is not rated here that much, especially from the defensive point of view. Here in Germany many Bayern fans say that he always remained a talent. I would say that he was World Class under Jupp, but that's it. Never got back to that form again.
He may be a good CB though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Funny thing is that in Germany, Alaba is not rated here that much, especially from the defensive point of view. Here in Germany many Bayern fans say that he always remained a talent. I would say that he was World Class under Jupp, but that's it. Never got back to that form again.
He may be a good CB though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Alaba, regardless of what the Bundesliga punters think, would be an insane upgrade over what we have now

I rate the hell out of him for years and years

Bayern fans are some of the worst frontrunners on the planet

only topped by Real Madrid's tens of millions of cunts

I am resigning myself to Chilwell-in-the-summer or bust time

I would give Bayern £50m for Alphonso Davies, but they would never do it

we really need to exercise Ake's option and see if he can help fill in at LB as well

great left-footed players are SO hard to buy

look at our struggles to find a left-footed RWer ever since Robben left 

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

I still think even in a four Alonso is a better option Vs teams that sit deep, for example him in the box instead of Emerson against Bournemouth we win 1-0 just like we did Vs Newcastle. 

Alonso is better option than Emerson regardless the opponent or formation. With him in back four we beat City last season at home 2:0. He scored and assisted many goals for Conte but also for Sarri. Even this season in less than a 600 minutes he has 1 goal and 3 assists. Not to mention with him in the squad we have 100% of wins but without him just 4 in 13. 

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Let's milk them every penny like they did us for Alex Sandro. 

This. Let's keep increasing the price every day, and at the last moment pull the plug and sell to inter for a decent fee. Hate juve for the Sandro fiasco

17 hours ago, manpe said:

I meant the injury he got this season during international break I believe. Before that he was among the team's top performers, but unfortunately hasn't been quite the same since.

It was a pretty good run for his standards but we still conceded 4 goals down his side and looked vulnerable down there throughout.

I personally believe if he was deputising a prime Ash we'd be praying hard Ash never got injured, the desperation to see Alonso replaced has turned him into something he's not.

Hopefully the new LB can give us what we are hoping for (permanently making Marcos 2nd choice at best) and more.