Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

A Italian friend of mine has said Emerson may actually end up at Atalanta which is why we are being linked with Gosens. According to him, Gosens has been told he can leave but they need a replacement and Emerson is a possibility as he is our lowest paid player (reportedly £40k a week, which Atalanta can afford.) Deal would apparently be Emerson plus €10m or something. 

Personally, I am not convinced as it sounds BS, but I thought I would report. 

41 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

In an ideal world that works, not only that but it keeps the cost of a straight player cash deal down, absorbing a player exchange helps us to with on going funds for other players.

It does make a lot of sense as the figures also make it work out that Atalanta get a LB for free for four years as the additional money will cover his wages for four years. However, there is nothing I can see being reported about it. Also, Gosens and Alonso are very similar so, I am not too sure if he is the right fit for us (unless we also sell Alonso, but then that requires even more churn than we are expecting.) 

• 4 weeks later...

here are my debbie-downer prognostications

we are going to get absolutely split from mouth to cunt on

Emerson
Alonso 
Jorginho
Bats
Bakayoko
Barkley
AC
Zappacosta
Danny Drinkwater
Abdul Rahman Baba
Victor Moses    
Kenedy  

was should be (and this is my COVID-19 reduced fair sale price total) getting around £240-250m for those 12 (don't even get me started on the offers we have turned down for some)

we will end up being around £150-160m MAX or so, £170m if we are super lucky

The total cost for those 12 in just transfer fees and add-ons (NOT counting wasted massive salaries that we have paid out/subsidised) was around £300m

the only two we will make a profit on will be Barkley (hopefully, if not then you can whack another £10-15m off my final intake tally) and AC

the rest will be massive write-offs