Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Thought getting rid of Tomori and the Cat kicker was stupid - now mercenary Rudiger is off -well we've lost bigger names than him before. Think if he goes to Madrid his temperament will be a liability, he's easily triggered, and the Spanish like to trigger. Hopefully he will be like Hazard and they'll be paying a quarter of a million a week for a Chelsea has been

More worried that the post -Abramovich era, the sanctions, lack of money, lack of fans, lack of atmosphere is starting to kick in

On the positive Chilwell and Chelsea fan Conor Gallagher next season...?

What's all this talk ?
I can understand the new board not agreeing so he goes to Japan, Mitsubishi giants.
But the new board will be in place next month and the transfer period is after two months.
So why not everybody wait ?

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

What's all this talk ?
I can understand the new board not agreeing so he goes to Japan, Mitsubishi giants.
But the new board will be in place next month and the transfer period is after two months.
So why not everybody wait ?

Rudigers contract expires in June.

Technically, he is free to talk to any club he wants. And that includes Chelsea.

How and why they decided to rule out Chelsea and finalize their decision in the next week is a mystery to me. I'll still hold on to the slight hope that it is all just paper talk until I hear something official from Rudiger or the club signing him.

But one thing is certain.

We better wrap up the ownership transfer by the first week of May. Or we're going to face a real uphill battle even before the season begins.

There's selecting an owner, and then there's the actual process of transfer which includes a PL owners litmus test,  and government approval, likely to take a week or two itself.. 

Such a long process. Was it ever this long for Man Utd?

38 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Rudigers contract expires in June.

Technically, he is free to talk to any club he wants. And that includes Chelsea.

How and why they decided to rule out Chelsea and finalize their decision in the next week is a mystery to me. I'll still hold on to the slight hope that it is all just paper talk until I hear something official from Rudiger or the club signing him.

But one thing is certain.

We better wrap up the ownership transfer by the first week of May. Or we're going to face a real uphill battle even before the season begins.

There's selecting an owner, and then there's the actual process of transfer which includes a PL owners litmus test,  and government approval, likely to take a week or two itself.. 

Such a long process. Was it ever this long for Man Utd?

The Government licence ends 31st May and I would expect this whole process is working towards being sorted before that date.

Like you said I think if a preferred owner can be selected within the next week or so, the PL owners test and Government approval I would expect can pretty much go through together but will likely take 2 - 3 weeks.

Real Madrid are leading the race to sign Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 29, who will leave Chelsea at the end of the season. (Goal)

Rudiger turned down an offer of £200,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Telegraph)

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Real Madrid are leading the race to sign Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 29, who will leave Chelsea at the end of the season. (Goal)

Rudiger turned down an offer of £200,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Telegraph)

and summer of 2023 they come calling for Reece 😢

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

and summer of 2023 they come calling for Reece 😢

Reece has a contract until 2025. I'm pretty sure over next season we'll be looking to get him, mount and havertz all signed up on new long term deals and with Reece and Mason in particular I see no reason we'll have much trouble getting them signed up to new, improved terms that reflect their importance within the squad.

And we really need to get this aging squad sorted.

How on earth we've let this develop is beyond me.

Particularly with the MF, I know iI keep banging on about it but I feel this is as important as anything.

I think we can do so much better than the 30 something YO's than we've got.

disappointed to see him leave but not sad. If Chelsea meant as much to him as to us he would have chosen to stay here over the money. He could have become a legend possibly but was nothing more a decent servant.

I guess his head was turned by all those huge sign-n fees Realhands out to free agents.

Also tbh, the squad Vardrid is building with mbappe is an exciting project. I very much hope they will fail again

Whilst I'm disappointed to lose him, it'll be interesting to see how Rudiger does at Madrid (assuming that is where he moves to). 

He was good under Conte, especially later in the season and he's obviously been exceptional under Tuchel but in a back 4 for both Chelsea and Germany I think he's been decent at best and abysmal at worst. 

There is a very real possibility he's a system player. Now don't get me wrong in our system he's proven to be bloody important but I don't think he's the same player in a back 4. He can be prone to switching off, he can be rash and over-aggressive at times with his defending and one of his strengths is being a spare man in attack to drive the ball from deep. On the side of a back 3 it helps limit his weaknesses and highlights that strength to his game. In a back 4 I think those weaknesses can be more noticeable. I believe @Vesper mentioned similar traits in Kounde's game and although I haven't seen too much of him, from what I have seen I would agree but I think he's a similar sort of player that would benefit from playing in a back 3 rather than a back 4.

Ultimately it's raw now, but we will find a way to replace him. We've continued to win trophies after bigger players have left the club in recent years. I think the biggest concern is we are going into the unknown with the ownership. In previous years, I wouldn't have had much concern that the club would look at bringing in a couple of highly rated centre backs. We just have to see what sort of budget will be made available for next year because if Tuchel plans to continue with the current system we almost certainly need 2 centre backs, a competent backup to James at right wing back and preferably a top centre midfielder.