Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the changes from last season that all improved us a lot.

Rudiger very often goes high on the pitch.

Wing backs going in the middle and with wingers making a lot of runs in empty space which was not the case last season.

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Lol..hasn't he played as RB before?

He has. Only sporadically for us as a result of late subs but has done so for Germany. He is quite good at it. I think he would be ok for a game or two as lwb but long term we need him as our LCB. Surely TT will looks for a more permanent solution.

On 27/09/2021 at 07:25, MoroccanBlue said:

Giving into CHO's wage demands was a mistake and having Chilwell earn 200kpw was also a mistake considering the precedent it is now setting. 

With regards to Rudiger and Christensen, I've always been adamant that the system is suiting the player moreso the player suiting the system. I for one hope the club and Rudiger meet common ground somewhere, but giving him an elite player's wages just isn't logical in my opinion. 

Just going to bump this again. 

This is why i think we can afford to let him go. Not that he is terrible but he is not the world beater he thinks he is. Today was a one-off in the context of the last 10 months but not in the context of his entire career. he has had plenty of these performances. It is Tuchel's system that makes defenders overall look solid, bc they are protecting each other, have kante and pacey wingbacks to prevent them from being isolated. Remove Chilwell and Kante, Rüdiger begins to look more shaky. he did vs Watford as well as today. It will be similar for other defenders of his quality of which there are plentyful on the market.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

This is why i think we can afford to let him go. Not that he is terrible but he is not the world beater he thinks he is. Today was a one-off in the context of the last 10 months but not in the context of his entire career. he has had plenty of these performances. It is Tuchel's system that makes defenders overall look solid, bc they are protecting each other, have kante and pacey wingbacks to prevent them from being isolated. Remove Chilwell and Kante, Rüdiger begins to look more shaky. he did vs Watford as well as today. It will be similar for other defenders of his quality of which there are plentyful on the market.

I am certain when they play again in back 4 they will turn into shit again. Rudi somewhere else so I wont be bothered but with Chris it will be here.

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I am certain when they play again in back 4 they will turn into shit again. Rudi somewhere else so I wont be bothered but with Chris it will be here.

You talk as if we will be playing a back 4 sometime soon….

His attacking instincts and never say die attitude which won us the game today is what we will be missing rather than his defensive prowess.

When a German reporter asked him whether he will stay at Chelsea he declined answer. 90% sure he is a goner 

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

His attacking instincts and never say die attitude which won us the game today is what we will be missing rather than his defensive prowess 

Some one on another forum compared him to Dennis Rodman from the old Chicago Bulls

After seeing his antics in the penalty box with him grinning after the penalty, I can see why. He is a handful like Rodman, lol. Just in your face every time.(sometimes literally)

Edited by Blue Armour

Madrid have a habit of getting the players they want by offering huge wages and letting them run their contracts down. Unless he wants to go there, we should match the wages imo.

Frank didnt rate him that much- but I've seen a few hundred players at Stamford Bridge and he is a rare breed. His leadership, aggression, getting in someones face, getting us going in the ground is invaluable. He plays with the same win or die of Diego Costa and contributes in a hundred ways the stats sheets just don't capture.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Madrid have a habit of getting the players they want by offering huge wages and letting them run their contracts down. Unless he wants to go there, we should match the wages imo.

Frank didnt rate him that much- but I've seen a few hundred players at Stamford Bridge and he is a rare breed. His leadership, aggression, getting in someones face, getting us going in the ground is invaluable. He plays with the same win or die of Diego Costa and contributes in a hundred ways the stats sheets just don't capture.

If he really wants £400kpw, let him go.

Must be said, Toni is the ideal successor to what Sergio Ramos brought to Madrid for all those years. Big time character, beloved in the dressing room, a leader on the pitch, and has a bit of crazy, “wtf are you doing” energy. Like Ramos he also loves getting up the pitch and joining the attack. Can certainly see why they want him and why he’d be really attracted to them. 

I think he’s already 1 foot out the door, sadly. And it’s going to be tricky to replace him. There really isn’t a CB we’ve been linked with that does everything as well as Toni does. Some have this attribute or that attribute but none have everything in their locker like he does.

Rüdiger would likely cost £80m if he was on a longer contract and we’ll lose him for free. 😔

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Must be said, Toni is the ideal successor to what Sergio Ramos brought to Madrid for all those years. Big time character, beloved in the dressing room, a leader on the pitch, and has a bit of crazy, “wtf are you doing” energy. Like Ramos he also loves getting up the pitch and joining the attack. Can certainly see why they want him and why he’d be really attracted to them. 

I think he’s already 1 foot out the door, sadly. And it’s going to be tricky to replace him. There really isn’t a CB we’ve been linked with that does everything as well as Toni does. Some have this attribute or that attribute but none have everything in their locker like he does.

Rüdiger would likely cost £80m if he was on a longer contract and we’ll lose him for free. 😔

A few years back I would be fuming but looking at the likes of Wijnaldum, Ramos, Donnaruma and Messi last summer and all the players potentially/likely walking for nothing this it's clear not an us problem and what Wenger said in 2017 would start to happen is now firmly coming home to roost.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/925115/psg-messi-ramos-donnarumma-wenger-arsenal-free-transfers/amp/

It's the only way players of any real note can have any form of control over their careers now.